“anniversary dinner”

Price range: US$41 - US$63
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

we were really looking forward to this tried several times to get a table to no avail . well shockingly bad . lovely friendly staff and chef came out tiwce to speake but really . having just been watching masterchef amaeteur not sure she would make it through . the renowned lamb that was so rated in the telegraph was just dreadful . the fat left on not crispy . too much of it . a chive and cheese sauce which just did not go and the stiffung over baked and dry . then a large bowl of incongrous vegetables . i was more than confused . the starter was beetroot bhaji, well it looked like a bhaji but lacked seasoning and tatse and the dip was bland . . didnt have pudding although in hinds ght maybe we should just have ice cream and nothing else. a medicore glass of rousillon each and a pepermint tea from a tea bag and we were lighter by £86 pounds . what a waste of money and good ingredients .

4  Thank hannahlouiseOxford

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Having had a lovely meal at Queans last year we decided we would return this year with the family to celebrate our retirement. We had a really great evening made very special by the excellent service and lovely atmosphere. The food was fantastic and all eight of us enjoyed every course. Queans is small and intimate and a great way to celebrate a special occasion.

1  Thank Teragramms
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The timings of the evenings events sum up the service. As a four, once seated we weren't asked for any drinks orders and waited for 20 minutes before we decided we had to ask one of the staff to take our drinks order, which then took about 20 minutes to arrive. After ordering food, and informed by the chef it might be a little while because of how busy the restaurant was, we waited about an hour for the starter, and then waited another hour for the main. The only course that came quickly was the ice cream for dessert.
When the food actually came it was okay, but no where near what was expected for the price.
Overall, the service was terrible and the food was average at best.

2  Thank Will J
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I wouldn't usually go as far as to leave a review for a restaurant, but after having read the excellent reviews, it seemed like a special place to celebrate my birthday. This, sadly wasn't the case. After being seated we waited half an hour before having to ask if we could order drinks. Another couple arrived later and ordered their drinks after us but received them before us. We waited a long long time before ordering food, enough time to open all of the presents I was fortunate enough to receive and once we ordered, it was another long wait for the staters, over half an hour. The mains didn't arrive for another hour and we were all disappointed with the portions and the vegetables that arrived. I was reluctant to order pudding as by this point it was approaching 10 and I wasn't overly impressed by the ice cream. There were some nice touches bringing out a birthday cake my mum had dropped off and sprinkling confetti on the table. However my parents and I have rarely received such poor service in any restaurant let alone one which were splashing out for on a special occasion. I understand the restaurant was very busy which makes service naturally slow in a small restaurant, but that doesn't excuse the lack of attention from waiting staff and have to ask them to order drinks, etc. All in all, a big disappointment, we certainly won't be back which is a huge shame because all of the staff were truly lovely.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I'm not sure what the hype is about with this restaurant.

The food is certainly very good - arguably one of the best, if not the best in Leamington, and for that I would recommend Queans.

However, having eaten in the Ritz, Savoy, and other similar places, I can say for certain that service does not reflect the quality of the food.

The staff were incredibly fake - when the meals arrived, the waitress put the plates down, held her hands together, stared straight ahead and, like a robot, told us what the dish was made up of - it was on the verge of being funny. There is absolutely no customer service or genuine desire to ensure you have a nice evening.

We proceeded to wait 20 minutes to be aksed if we wanted to order a dessert - by that time we gave up and asked for the bill. It is one of those places where as soon as the bill is paid, there is an even worse service that when you arived.

I would like to suggest that this may be a one-off and perhaps the staff on that night just didn't have it together. However, there was not one waitress I could say that really made a genuine effort.

If you can stomach sickeningly fake staff and a shoddy service - visit Queans.