“Nice way to wind down on a Friday”
Review of Restaurant 23

Restaurant 23
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant 23 has been a fixture in Leamington Spa since opening in 2006, moving to our current Grade II-listed home in 2012. Throughout this time we have forged an impressive culinary reputation, showcasing the finest local and seasonal produce with precise, modern cooking. We hold 2 AA Rosettes and regularly feature in The Good Food Guide. In addition to the restaurant with its three rooms seating up to 60, Morgan's Bar offers brunch, afternoon tea, refined bar food and cocktails either inside or on the terrace. We look forward to welcoming you.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Nice way to wind down on a Friday”
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

After a long week we took refuge at this fine restaurant in Leamington. Had the fixed price dinner, which was great value for money, and then went up to Morgans Bar for a couple of drinks. The atmosphere for the hour we were there (8:30-9:30pm) was great and the service again was spot on. easily our favourite place to chill out in Leamington.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“It could be very good, but..............”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We were taken to Restaurant 23 by two close friends who are serious foodies and were keen to introduce us to Warwickshire's lastest 'find' in terms of dining. The evening began - we ordered scallops only be told 10 minutes later that they had sold the last portion. The starters were very average and my friend J thought her starter was particularly below par - the goats cheese had not set properly and was a watery consistency. Apology was made, her dish was offered to be replaced - we moved on. J had the brill and sadly, although a tasty and well presented dish, it was warm in the middle and cold at the edges. The partridge I had was ok - decidedly average. We ordered the tarte tatin to finish, and I have to say, nothing to write home about.
The sevice was good, the Italian maitre d was very apologetic. The wine waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about his excellent wine list.
Look, I hate writing such a poor report because I know what it may mean. The restaurant is receiving mixed reviews and it is a superb building and ambiance.
But....at these prices they really must up their game. Cold food and plates is a basic error and something which could be sorted easily and quickly.
I suggest the owners should 'mystery shop' their restaurant thorougly when the place is least expecting it and the act on it.
It could and should be very good.
We will try it again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Tusters
“Tasting menu”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Just had a really lovely night at restaurant 23. I have been for a less formal lunch before, the restaurant offers excellent value especially for the quality you receive. I was looking forward to see a more formal dinner service with the addition of having a pre dinner drink in morgans bar. The addition of the bar really adds to the experience of the evening, I would strongly recommend that you arrive early to enjoy this as it really sets the night up. We had a glass of fizz and canapes before we went for our tasting menu.

I will not bore anyone with a blow by blow account of everything we sampled, so in a nut shell I will highlight the highs and possible lows

1. The homemade bread, outstanding especially the treacle bread I could live on it.
2. The sea bass, I am not a fish fan but my god the best dish, so beautifully cooked it even beat the meat dishes thats never happened to me before.
3. The goats cheese mousse needs refining to deserve a place alongside these other lovely dishes, it is more alot of goats cream cheese than mousse very heavy.
4. If having the tasting menu be prepared to wait. For us it was great, the conversation was flowing and every now and again we were disturbed by a delicious plate, surely though that is what a taster menu is about.

To conclude, the restaurant offers lots of dining options from lunch, afternoon teas, taster menus, ala carte. The menu reads like the chef is bursting with ideas, the ambience and decor of the restaurant is very good. It is obvious with the transformation of the building that alot of money and long hard hours has been and continues to be spent here for us to enjoy an experience, so enjoy....

Stavanger, Norway
“A class act”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We dined on Saturday, very busy as one can expect. Never been here before and treated my long term girlfriend to a special dinner reccomended by a friend.
I tried to book the table onThursday and talked to the manager i guess who said that he would put me on waiting list since they where full but also asked me if i could call on the same day of the booking ,Saturday and he will try his best to fit me in as this would increase my chances. True to his word he did so which i thought was a very professional touch.
When we arrived the greeting was friendly and very welcoming. We where taken to the bar even though we where late which we mentioned but where told not to think about that and just enjoy the evening. Again very professional.
The bar was great, decor and service out of this world with exceptional cocktails.
Menu handed at the bar, order taken at the bar, escorted to our table in the restaurant, approached for wine immediately as soon as we sat, asked for another drink , I mean what more can you ask for? The service was absolutely perefectly timed and executed. we eat out a lot and where very impressed. The manager also inroduced our waitress and checked on our every course even engaging into an interesting conversation when we had our coffee.
The food was very good also but if we have to make a comment it should have more of a wow factor with the prices they are charging. I felt the dishes not so creative even though they tasted great.
All in all a magical evening which we shall rave about to all our friends. We booked another table for next month that's how much we enjoyed it.

• Visited January 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A delightful place for a very good value lunch great food very good service”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We had a leisurely Saturday lunch with such attentive staff. They made it special The food was excellent and surroundings charming