“Fantastic restaurant in every way..”
Review of The Basement Restaurant - CLOSED

The Basement Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Freshly prepared local ingredients enjoyed in a comfortable, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.Leamington's only Jazz / Blues flavoured restaurant.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant in every way..”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I ate at The Basement restaurant last night along with 10 friends and I have to say we had a brilliant night..the staff were extremely welcoming and friendly throughout the whole evening and nothing was too much trouble. The food (and wine!) was all excellent and we will definately be eating there again. I can thoroughly recommend and am looking forward to our next visit.

Visited April 2014
sean0, Owner at The Basement Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hello Tracey
thank you for spending your evening with us at the Basement and for your review.
It was an absolute delight to have your party dine with us and you created such a fantastic atmosphere in the restaurant .
It's a pleasure to know that people feel comfortable enough with us that they can just let their hair down and have a good time.
We certainly look forward to your return !
many, many thanks

Warwick, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in Leamington”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Having visited this restaurant on multiple occasions it never disappoints! The food is always fresh and they have a range of brilliant meals which are always really tasty. A lovely cosy atmosphere and great to go for a catch up over a great quality, inexpensive meal with a large glass of wine! The staff are exceptionally friendly and willing to accommodate, a hidden gem!

• Visited December 2013
sean0, Owner at The Basement Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hello
thank you for choosing to dine with us - on several occasions and for writing such a lovely review.
It's always nice to know that people not only enjoy our food, but like the general atmosphere of the restaurant and feel comfortable with us.
I must tell you that the team here at the Basement are absolutely bowled over by your compliments.
We hope to welcome you again very soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent ”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We visited for the second time in recent months and we're very impressed again. We both had the 3 course set menu. The salmi starter was fantastic and my steak main course was cooked to perfection. To top it all off the chocolate fondant was lovely! The waitress was friendly and her service was excellent. Great atmosphere and great food. Would highly recommend to anyone and will definitely be visiting again.

Hello
thank you for returning to the Basement and for taking the time to write about us in such a complimentary way.
It's so pleasing to read that you enjoyed both our food and the atmosphere in the restaurant.
One of the main things we are striving to achieve is consistency.
We hope to welcome you back to the Basement in the near future.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent 3 course dinner with friends. I've lived in Leamington for 13 years and somehow never managed to visit The Basement Restaurant. What a shame I've only just discovered it. The food was of the highest quality as was the service. My chicken liver parfait was lovely, my rib-eye steak with hand cut chips and green salad was frankly excellent (all sourced locally) and my dessert of Bakewell Tart was one of the best I've had (and I've had my fair share if Bakewell tart).

It was very quiet for a Friday night, but I gather they are often very full mid-week as they have some great offers and live music on certain days.

We've already booked for a follow-up visit.

Strongly recommended.

sean0, Owner at The Basement Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello
First of all thank you for coming to the Basement - even if it has taken you 13 years to get around to it !
Also, thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review . It gives us great pleasure to know that people have enjoyed an evening with us.

You are correct, we do try to use as many locally produced ingredients as possible.
As a small business ourselves, we know how important it is to support other small businesses and we are fortunate to have a great selection of suppliers in town.

We do indeed have some very busy evenings and our live music nights are very entertaining.
If you'd like to know about some of our coming events, you can find us on Facebook or check our web site.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Basement on your return.
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Went with friends from work for post Xmas meal! what a lovely cosy place! Staff were great and the food was fabulous! I (like most people have said) tried a bit of everyone's! I had beef which was so tender, tried the pork too which was just as good!
Mustard mash omg! Will definitely ask for that next time! It was empty plates all round at the end! Lovely ambiance with lots of little touches that adds to its charm! We had a great night and I will definitely go back for my birthday in February! Thank you!!!

Visited January 2014
sean0, Owner at The Basement Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Hello,
thank you for your lovely review of our restaurant.
It's so pleasing to read that you enjoyed your visit. I think it is becoming a trend for diners to try a bit of everyone else's meals !
We look forward to welcoming you back in February.