“What a lovely lunch!”

Ranked #27 of 258 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$32 - US$40
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A corner of France in the heart of Leamington Spa. Our style, the food, the atmosphere, the wine, is unashamedly French.
Warwick, United Kingdom
“What a lovely lunch!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have not frequented Oscars in Leamington Spa before but was lucky enough to be invited to lunch the other day.

A well presented authentic restaurant which looks smaller from the outside than it is inside, I sat in the back room next to the kitchen which felt very french indeed, I think this was my inspiration for ordering the tuna nicoise to start, not something I would normally order but I did enjoy it all the same, well cooked and presented with fresh well sourced ingredients.

I used to work in a fantastic pub in Bray and we used the rump cap steak, whilst I wanted to try something else I had to go for it for nostalgia purposes. I was not disappointed, it was cooked to perfection with a delicious sauce which was rich in flavor and almost sticky it had been reduced so well, two days on and I can still taste it (in a good way). The fries were very nice to, obviously home made nicely salted but again cooked really well.

I had a small glass of house red, I did not ask what it was at the time but even the house wine was amazing, perfect for the meal that I had, a great choice for a house....

The service was friendly, efficient and professional, a formal but still relaxing environment if you want to take time out or impress someone with lunch..

Highly recommended! Plan to go back for dinner very soon...

• Visited July 2014

Cardiff
“Stunning”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

It was our third visit here - and again everything was perfect (apart from my French)!

Each time we've had a table down stairs which we prefer and each member of staff have been welcoming and very professional. The meals were very enjoyable and cooked to our liking with exceptional taste.

There's always a great vibe and the wine is very good quality.

Merci..

2 Thank Ianto3
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A Favourite for Lunch”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We've been visiting Oscars now for several years usually for Saturday lunch when visiting Leamington and have also been over for the Auberge Night but unfortunately its a bit of a drive in the evening for us. We've just been over again for lunch and as ever it was great. The refurbished restaurant is lovely with a genuine French ambiance. The food is always good , the atmosphere relaxed and the service attentive with Pascal at the helm. It's a real favourite - just a shame we don't live a bit nearer so we could eat here in the evening too.

• Visited July 2014
UK
“Consistent Excellence”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We have had lunch at Oscar's several times over the last few years and have never been disappointed. Aubrey Allen's steaks are always superb, and cooked exactly as we ask. Fish and seafood are always fresh - we waited for the fishmonger to arrive yesterday. Pascale is a charming host. We'll worth ou 100 mile round trip each time.

Visited June 2014
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Excellent Place”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great food wonderful French feel to the place. Had the Aubrey Allen Fillet and it was outstanding. Will return.

• Visited June 2014