“Quite simply amazing !!!”

Quite Simply French
Ranked #3 of 246 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$26 - US$64
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Quite Simply French creates seasonal innovative menus that change every day. We use only the finest ingredients from local and specialist suppliers. Our ethos is bespoke, which means our all our dishes are cooked in small batches. We cook our food fresh to order and serve it with a friendly smile! Rob and his team will greet you like old pals when you arrive and remember your coat when you leave. The candlelit romance of the place is intensified by its location, by the river on the historic St George's Quay. Quite Simply French is one of the Lancaster's finest restaurants, a culinary destination where everything from the glassware to the charming staff to the meticulously crafted cuisine is selected with perfection in mind. Our food is modern French but with most of our seasonal produce supplied locally we pay homage to Britain and Lancashire. Whilst steeped in the French tradition of best ingredients, wines and staff we embrace informality in our kitchen and dining room. We are the only restaurant in Lancaster and within 50 miles of Lancaster to have a live lobster tank and specialise in fresh shellfish and seafood. OFFERS INCLUDE: Early Bird - Tuesday to Saturday . Starters 50% off Mains £10 Wednesday - Steak and Mussels - £20 Thursdays Lobster and Champagne, a whole lobster and 2 glasses of champagne only £40. Sunday and Monday - Simply Squiffy Offer, 2 courses and a bottle of wine for only £25. Sunday Lunch - 2 courses for £20. We have a extensive wine list and cocktail menu and are one of Lancaster's most popular restaurants. Christmas Parties are incredibly popular and booking is advisable well in advance.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Quite simply amazing !!!”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The most fantastic food, perfect in everyday - tasty, varied, well presented
Lovely restaurant, great atmosphere
Love it !! Highly recommended
Great value

• Visited August 2012

• Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
“Absolutely superb”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Dined here for the first time on Friday 21st Sep and I have to say the food was outstanding, my fillet of beef was the best I've had for years. My partner had monkfish wrapped in Parma ham and she said it was excellent. Chocolate & fruit fondue for desert what more could I ask for. Looking forwards to returning soon.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“overpriced crap”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We come here quire a lot and usually enjoy it, we went last night, Hubby had steak (no veg) just potatoes, he said they must have changed the chef, its not as good. I had king scallops and tiger prawns, I got 5 normal size scallops(that taste like rubber) and the "Tiger prawns" I got 3 slightly bigger than shrimp size prawns all 8 items of food were sat on a "medley of peppers" Ha ha a few pepper skins more like, and it cost £20 ! bloody disgusting !!

2 Thank 21Jax
“Q S Consistently good”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Food apart, it's always great fun coming here - relaxing, efficient and friendly. We went on Sunday lunch which was quiet - you always need to book for the evening - and had a lovely meal which was so different from what you can get elsewhere. It's the sort of place where they bring you warm bread as soon as you make your order so you can start on the house red straightaway! It's always difficult to choose - particularly with the starters which are all so delicious. There's always fish on the menu and generous portions of vegetables. It's good value for money with various offers for 2 or 3 courses. The only thing I would change is to suggest less salt in the cooking.

• Visited August 2012
Heysham, United Kingdom
“Quite Simply Excellent.”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Dined here last night for our anniversary and was very happy we did. It was Simply Squiffy night, 2 courses and a bottle of wine for £19.95, and was busy for a Monday. My wife had a goats cheese and peach salad, and I had a duck starter of which I can't remember the name, they were both delicious. Main course had to be steak for me, I had the rump, the other half chose breast of chicken. I have to say the steak was the best cooked and best quality I've had in years, delicious, and the hand cut chips were an ideal partner. I had a piece of the chicken too which was very tasty, but the dauphinoise potatoes were awesome! Although we were by now stuffed, we couldn't turn down a £2 pudding and I'm glad we didn't. The chocolate parfait was mighty fine, and the taste I had of the sticky toffee pudding was pretty good too. All in all, highly recommended, polite staff, nice surroundings, and good value, I will be back very soon.