“A lovely stay”

Ranked #2 of 24 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Polmont, Falkirk
“A lovely stay”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My husband and I decided on a last minute stay at the Ashton on our way further south - what a good decision. We received a warm welcome and had an extremely comfortable stay. The room had lots of lovely touches and I enjoyed looking through the various travel and design books. Breakfast was excellent, enormous choice and freshly prepared with quality ingredients. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElsieRose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Middlesex
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I can only echo what everyone else has said. The attention to detail here is absolutely superb, the welcome and hospitality I received were wonderful, and breakfast was absolutely fantastic. Special mention for the shower which was beautifully powerful and very easy to use.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank veritate
derby
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My wife and I ended our week long Scottish trip with a one night stop over at the Ashton. One word describes our stay from start to end - "wonderful". Being a well travelled and learned couple, we can quite easily stay that James and his family could not have done more for my wife and I. Upon arrivel we were greeted with a cup of tea and Cake. Taking in the sun and enjoying the peace and quiet, delightful surroundings and oppulent accommodation.

A must for any serious traveller. We shall most definitely be visiting again.

Thank you James.

Chris and Michelle.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Scotland
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Just returned from a sort mid week break with my husband, we stayed at the Ashton for one night ( wish it had been longer). The Ashton is a wonderful place VERY peaceful and welcoming, James is a perfect host, as soon as we arrived he gave us tea and homemade cake....yummy.Our room on the groundfloor was wonderful, the decor, the HUGE bed, OH and the bathroom was out of this world, free standing bath and a double shower and Ren products.Sunday evening we had booked the" supper club", James is a fantastic chef........Gordon Ramsey.........LOOK OUT, also Craig thanks for recommending the Eton mess. After a very peaceful night........I didn't want to get out of that bed!! we had a brilliant breakfast, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on english muffin :)) Thank you again James, next time we will stay longer. Liz and Brian

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Blackpool
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Had a lovely stay with my sister and Step-mother, to celebrate my 40th Birthday. James and Craig made us so welcome from the moment we arrived. The decor is so stylish, and such attention to detail with beautiful fresh flowers, candles, sweets etc... The rooms were contemporary but were dotted with old elegant pieces, that just fitted in perfectly. Wonderfully clean and not a thing out of place! The food was fantastic, a wonderful evening meal followed by one of the best breakfasts i have ever eaten. Loved the home made pancakes and the fresh fruit. A real special treat. I will be recommending it to my friends and family, and am already planning to return with my husband before the year is out.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Nottingham, UK
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Having just returned from a stunning B&B in Antwerp I just remembered that I had not left a review from our Christmas trip to another stunning B&B, The Ashton in Lancaster. We were extremely impressed by The Ashton and the warm welcome by James and his family - he was very accommodating of our early arrival on Christmas Day to drop off bags at the Ashton prior to us joining family for Christmas lunch elsewhere in Lancaster and his offer of a bucks fizz with warm mince pies was very welcome after our early morning drive from Nottingham.

The Ashton is truly a gem in Lancaster and we really cannot imagine staying anywhere else on our visits to this city. We stayed in a classic room which was very comfortable with lovely views of the garden and the "girls" (the chickens) from the two windows and had a gorgeous shower room. The breakfast was simply amazing with individually cooked main course from a great choice and a superb buffet spread too. Thanks to our experiences here and our talks with James I now own my very own breadmaker which we regularly use, so thank you James!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed 14 May 2010

From the moment we arrived late on Friday evening, we were so well looked after. The room was extremely comfortable and the double shower was fab!. The food was freshly prepared and beautifully presented. I cannot recommend The Ashton highly enough.
It's the perfect place for a relaxing weekend.

Margaret, Glasgow