“Loved it”

Crows Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #6 of 13 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I had 3 great days in Lancaster. The Crows Nest was cosy and convenient for public transport. We visited the castle and cathedral in Lancaster. We took a bus to the Ashton Memorial in lovely Williamson Park, walked along the river and wore ourselves out.
We took a bus from Lancaster to Heysham and walked from there to Morecambe's Happy Mount Park. We were sorry that we didn't book a couple of extra nights.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luib

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stayed here on our way through Lancaster, and it's unlikely we will return. Although clean and recently redecorated, the room was cramped and stuffy, and the main street location is so busy that it wasn't possible to sleep with the windows open. The bed was uncomfortable, the room over-furnished, and we had to wake up the chef to get our car out of the tiny back-yard car park. Despite advertising an early check-out facility, we were told that there was no possibility of even a buffet breakfast and pointed in the direction of a (closed) cafe over the road. There are no staff on duty overnight so it's a good job we didn't need anything!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2011

In the hotel's favour: seemed reasonably clean, reasonably comfortable bed, good TV. However, it all seemed a bit dingy and, in general, I had the impression that the owners didn't really care. There was an old tissue in one of the drawers, the shower gel dispenser was empty, and neither of the bedside lights worked. I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We were travelling back from Leicestershire to Edinburgh and wanted to stop somewhere half way. Booked this place at a few days notice and were v impressed.

We arrived 15mins before the restaurant located beneath the hotel closed, but after we were quickly checked in, we were able to park our car a few metres away , dumped our bags in our room and then went down for dinner. Had good food, but service not great but probably because it was late in the day.

Room great, spacious, clean, nice firm bed but it was very hot. We turned off the heated towel rain in the bathroom but still quite stuffy. Nevertheless slept well and great shower.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My daughter and I booked in here late evening when my father in law was rushed into hospital. The manager on duty could not have been more helpful. He had our rooms open waiting for us and helped us to park in the limited space available. The room was clean and comfortable and very good value.

Family in a neighbouring room, were disturbed by a party in another room, but on calling reception this was quickly dealt with.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I thought motel was a hotel with somewhere to park your motor? It is impossible here. Restricted - more like none. I drove round for ages trying to find somewhere. Then I had to carry heavy files up a hill.

I had a meal downstairs. I was sat there for 10mins when a stag-night group rolled in (!). Surely they could have found me somewhere else, they must have known?

I disliked the place both upstairs and down.

The room was spacious. But lacks any sort of taste.

I

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank crazylegscrane1
Reviewed 26 July 2010

If you want a clean friendly base central to the town The Crows Nest is fine.
You can walk to the castle, the Priory, the river and all around the town and reach them all in minutes.
Every member of staff was polite and helpful without exception.
Joe made sure I could park out back (yes it's restricted but he ensured I was catered for).
He took our bag and showed us our room on arrival.
The room was perfectly acceptable and clean.
We didn't eat there as we had arrangements with firends but we had two breakfasts which were great.
Noise? What noise?
It's on the main road but we heard nothing of the traffic.
If you can't sleep take up a bottle of house wine @ £6.95 and enjoy a glass whilst you type up your Hotel Inspector reports.
I'd stay there again.