“An excellent evening; delicious dinner.”
Review of Bistro 26 - CLOSED

Bistro 26
Price range: US$20 - US$82
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mark Cavanagh aims at Bistro26 to make his guests feel welcome and experience great seasonal food. The kitchen specialises in modern British cuisine using locally sourced produce wherever possible along with homemade desserts, ice creams and breads. The menus are supplemented by daily changing seasonal specials including Bowland fillet, Scotforth lamb, Morecambe Bay shrimps and Trough of Bowland game. Bistro26 is situated in the heart of the historic city of Lancaster and can be discovered close to the Sun Inn, along the Sun Street.If it is a quiet romantic table for two, a business dinner or a celebration meal, Bistro26 will be delighted to welcome you.
“An excellent evening; delicious dinner.”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

A superb evening - group of four; restaurant was busy - all tables full. The menu was organised in celebration of St George's Day. Every course was delicious; beautifully cooked and sufficient quantities. Great wines to accompany each dish. The chef is always very obliging and attentive and the service was impeccable throughout the evening. In contrast to other diners who have commented on this website recently about the atmosphere, we welcome the calm, relaxing ambience and prefer that there is no annoying background music which can so often irritate in other establishments. Outstanding service and excellent customer care! Many thanks for another wonderful evening. We look forward to returning soon!

• Visited April 2013

Morecambe, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful meal!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

3rd outing at the restaurant and it didn't disappoint! The food was outstanding as was the service and the chef was very accommodating and recommended his top dish of the day (Lamb 3 ways) and it exceptional! cant fault the whole experience! looking forward to our fourth visit.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Have eaten here twice in the past year or so. The first time around the food and service was excellent, and was certainly one of the nicest meals I'd had at a restaurant in Lancaster,

Unfortunately the same cannot be said of my second visit: the vegetables were undercooked, the meals were average at best and the steak I ordered was incredibly tough and fatty to the point where the majority of it was inedible. When the waiter (who had previously spilt red wine on the tablecloth) asked if everything was okay with the meal I pointed this out and he said he'd mention it to the chef but no further mention of it was made. In all, the whole experience simply wasn't good enough to reflect this being one of the most expensive restaurants in town and was enough to put me off ever going back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jamie507
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“We made a great choice for a special occasion”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We had our wedding meal at Bistro 26, following a previous visit on a Saturday evening last year, and it was very much enjoyed by me, my husband and our guests. The chef was very accommodating to our wishes, making our experience really comfortable. The food was lovely and this was commented upon by our guests. I would highly recommend visiting Bistro 26 for any occasion. The food on either experience was delivered to a very high standard, using local produce and with fair pricing. We will certainly dine at the restaurant on future occasions as a weekend treat.

• Visited March 2013
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“First time..... Last time.....”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

"I thought this place is supposed to be good?" i wispered across the table at my girlfriend. I had to wisper as I didn't want everyone in the room to hear, that's how much atmosphere this place has, very similar to a doctors waiting room! Except my doctors waiting room has more comfortable chairs! The food is very average indeed but the prices aren't! These people who have said this is the best restaurant in Lancaster are either very good friends of the chef or they usually dine out of the litter bins in Ryelands park! Good god is this place for real??
Very very dissapointed and won't be back, EVER!!

• Visited February 2013