“My Favourite Restaurant”

Price range: US$20 - US$82
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mark Cavanagh aims at Bistro26 to make his guests feel welcome and experience great seasonal food. The kitchen specialises in modern British cuisine using locally sourced produce wherever possible along with homemade desserts, ice creams and breads. The menus are supplemented by daily changing seasonal specials including Bowland fillet, Scotforth lamb, Morecambe Bay shrimps and Trough of Bowland game. Bistro26 is situated in the heart of the historic city of Lancaster and can be discovered close to the Sun Inn, along the Sun Street.If it is a quiet romantic table for two, a business dinner or a celebration meal, Bistro26 will be delighted to welcome you.
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Last Saturday night I took 4 of my friends who had travelled up from all over the Country to this my favourite restaurant in Lancaster. We had a fabulous time and both the food and the wine were amazing, my friends were as taken with Bistro 26 as I am, in fact so much so that they have insisted that the next time they come to visit me we come here again.
I really cannot understand its current position in the rankings, if you read the reviews it knocks spots off nearly all the other restaurants in Lancaster.
Believe me when I tell you that if you have not visited this foodie heaven yet then you are missing out!

1  Thank Mangerton

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I visited this restaurant with friends. The food was amazing and the service excellent. Would thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank Chaz186
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Superb food and wine, excellent friendly service in a relaxed and intimate setting. I had a fabulous night out here with my friends last night on my first ever visit to lancaster and have already booked to come back again.....just won't be soon enough as I live too far away. (it was well worth the journey from Somerset)

1  Thank Tracey B
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Once again dining here was its usual high class quality food and service at a reasonable price, went here for dinner last saturday to meet up with an old friend who I havent seen for a while, food was its usual high quality and the choices on the special board tempted me away from their menu to try something different, this is an intimate restaurant where the atmosphere is relaxed and you are well looked after by the waiting staff. I look forward to my next trip to lancaster and another enjoyable eveing with fine food and wine here again soon

Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

This is not the first time I've eaten here, but again, I can find no fault with anything.

I've been a vegetarian for about 25 years and had the most amazing mushroom pancakes followed by an absolutely stunning asparagus risotto (not keen on asparagus, but I ate the lot and returned the plate without its patern).

My friend ordered a cottage pie starter (yes starter) and a duck main, I almost gave up being a vegetarian for the cottage pie and then again for the sound of the gnocchi on the special board (still a vegetarian - but this restaurant could seriously tempt ne back to eating meat).

The bar is only small but the variety of beer, wine, spirits and none alcoholic beverages is huge.

The staff are lovely and often guests are given personal service by the chef/owner to ensure that the food is served to their specifications.

If your looking for a hidden gen of a restaurant, quite, personal and gadtronomically stimulating then you need to give this restaurant a try.