“Nice meal”

Add it.
Castle Balti
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We try to find places for food on a Monday night and fancied a curry so we decided to try the restaurant out. It is out of the way but well worth it. We were the only people in but that was fine for the pair of us, food choice is maybe a bit too much but we had teir buffet meaning a starter main and side of you choosing from the menu. My meal was excellent and the other meal was ok. We would go back and recommend the place

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Wonderful evening all credit to the castle balti castle hill lancaster.many thanks.mr and mrs d

Reviewed 7 February 2012

The food was absolutely superb - some of the best we have ever had - the restaurant was slightly cold, but the waiter quickly put the heating on. Don't be put off by it being quiet either - this real is a must visit.

1  Thank StacksnTressels
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We ate here in december 2011, found it nearly empty on a saturday evening, the decor and atmosphere in the restaurant is dull, the food not that good, would not go back the service was not that good you would think they werent bothered, the only thing good about it is the location, it isnt that expensive,

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stumbled across this restaurant whilst sightseeing around Lancaster castle with my wife. It is situated in a really good location, straight opposite the castle and in an upmarket part of the town. At first we thought it was closed as there were no customers in the restaurant but we saw two waiters chatting and decided to give it a go.
I must say that if we had seen the reviews on this site beforehand, we probably wouldn’t have bothered. I am so glad we took the chance. I’ve eaten in more Indian restaurants than I care to remember and this one gave us some of the best food we had in a very long time.
The waiter introduced himself as Eddie and talked to us about what we liked from a curry. He told us that they were experimenting with some new Goan dishes and gave a mouth-watering description of a lamb Jafran. I trusted his judgement and ended up with a fantastic dish that I simply cannot wait to have again. My wife had the Akbar Balti and it was beautifully presented and very tasty.
In total we had poppadoms (with pickle tray); starters, two curries, rice and nan bread, the price including a bottle of red wine came to £46. Please give this place a try; you won’t be disappointed.