“A nice evening”

Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Greaves Park is an impressive grade II listed building set in parkland containing a great environment for dining or just relaxing with a coffee.Be welcomed in by our friendly servers who will offer you the opportunity to relax and enjoy your dining experience with table service. However, if you’re in a hurry, or on your lunch-break, you are welcome to pop up to the bar to order and we’ll take care of the rest.We use locally sourced fresh ingredients.We are very child friendly and have excellent facilities and children of all ages are welcome.We can cater for every kind of Function - Buffet or sit down menu available.Vegetarian options are available.FIND AND FOLLOW US ON TWITTER GreavesParkLancJoin our website and become a friend to receive all the latest offers and promotions!
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We came here as a group of 7 for a leaving do. The service was very good, nice and friendly staff and the food was enjoyed by all. A couple of us did have to re-choose our menu choice as they had run out of our original choice, but there is a large menu to choose from. Overall very good!

1  Thank Anna S
cafehero, General Manager at Greaves Park Bar & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi
I am really pleased you had a nice evening with us. Sorry we ran out of a few items and I hope you can choose your original choices with us again soon.
Thank you for giving us your feed back and such a lovely review.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visited here for part of my 60th birthday celebrations and on reading SOME of the reviews I was a bit dubious. However our experience was really good. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and very efficient. The food was good too, we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It is also a lovely building in nice surroundings and lovely atmosphere. We all had something different, there were four of us, but the service was superb. I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Lady Flavia

Hi,
I am indeed very lucky to have a great team of people who have pride and passion for what they do. Sometimes we get things wrong or overlook a detail which means we sometimes dont always get a great review, but this is a small minority and I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit with us.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The staff are very efficient and welcoming with a great menu
we also liked the fact they use a lot of locally sourced produce and the food is freshly cooked.the meals we all choose were fab

It even has good real ale beer which pleased my husband
they made you feel relaxed and we enjoyed a full evening there

the only downside we found was the toilets
they are beautifully decorated but short on space
not good when you have a disability for getting in and out of the cubicles

2  Thank AnneJackson

Hi
Thank you for this lovely review, I am pleased you enjoyed your visit, we have a new menu which we are very proud coming very soon.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Anthony

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lovely meal with great atmosphere and a friendly waiter called Joey. It was a busy evening but still received top service and advice regarding the menu from staff!

2  Thank Sarah H
cafehero, General Manager at Greaves Park Bar & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hi
Thank you very much for writing this lovely review, I will make sure your remarks are passed on to Joey. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were enjoying a family day out with my daughter and granchildren and decided to go to the greaves park for lunch.
The food took a long time to arrive and was quite basic.
My daughter and I ordered fish and chips. The potatoes were refried and tasted like warmed up food. The fish was large but quite tasteless. My grandaughters ordered form the childrens menu. There were beans with one meal and it arrived with them all over the food rather than seperaate. They did give us another plate so that we could make the food look nicer but the presentation of the food with beans all over it looked awful and made our 3 year old make a fuss. The pasta meal was acceptable. My husbands meal was the roast belly pork which for some reason had a vinegar flavour spoiling the food. Overall we had one course each for 3 pub lunches 2 childrens meals and 4 soft drinks and one pint of beer, over £60 for very basic pub grub at lunch time. May be good for a special occassion but poor value for every day.Although they did have small knives and fork for children.

cafehero, General Manager at Greaves Park Bar & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hi
I am very sorry that we didnt meet your expectations on this visit. The pork belly comes as described on the menu with a balsamic vinegar based sauce and is popular, but we can serve it with a different sauce if asked. We buy our fresh fish from Fleetwood and is typically a 8/10oz piece of fresh haddock, we also use this fish on our childrens meals. Monday to Friday we serve our fixed price menu where you can enjoy 3 courses for £12 . The chips are prepared by blanching the hand cut potatoes on a low heat and then during service we fry them in a hot fryer which should keep them fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Again apologies you didnt enjoy your meals but I hope you make another visit .