“Wonderful hotel, courteous and attentive staff, would definately return.”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Ny husband and I stayed at the Lancaster House Hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were given an up-graded room which was fabulous. The service in the bar and in the restaurant in the evening was wonderful and the standard of food was second to none. Our stay was made very special by having chocolates, wine and balloons in our room, a lovely surprise. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, it was terrific.

1  Thank KirstBrad44
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Many thanks indeed for your glowing review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that we were able to make your anniversary stay special, we always enjoy going the extra mile for our guests when we know there's a special occasion to celebrate.

Please do not hesiate to contact me personnaly if you are ever planning another return visit to the area and I will ensure you have another wonderful stay

Reviewed 24 May 2011

Stayed here for 1 night with 'Groupon'. all staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was excellent. It was our anniversary so we got given a free upgrade to a luxury suite which was amazing. We had our room decorated with banners and balloons and really enjoyed the outside hot tub. We would like to thank Kath in the restaurant, Suzanne in housekeeping and Becca and kirstie on reception, such credits to your company. Will defonitly return.

1  Thank Newcastle27

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us at Lancaster House.

As with all feedback we receive, I have shared your comments with the whole team and Kath, Suzanne, Becca and Kirsty were particularly delighted that they were mentioned in your TA report. I have always believed that it is the team, not the hotel that makes the real difference to a guest's experience and I am delighted we delivered a memorable anniversary stay for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you are ever planning another visit to the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Wouldn't let us check in earlier as they were full. Arrived 3.00pm wanted to go to leisure club to relax. Was told it was kids playtime in pool 3.30 - 5.00pm. Hotel full of wedding guests and all reception rooms full,
Being a couple, grandparents, we wanted a break from kids.
Changing room in leisure club very cramped, floor filthy, full of hairs and dirt. Jacuzzi not working properly, no back jets and quite chilly.
Gym machinery very close together so it could never be full and have all machines busy.
Staff seemed very lax. Hotel bedroom clean spacious, bed good and large, this was the best bit!
Breakfast, because of the wedding, was very full and staff struggling to keep up with the food, queues. Not everything that was stated on breakfast menu was there. We were put in an annex to eat which was very cramped.
Bar prices very expensive. £7.95 for soup and a sandwich. Drove down the road and got a great meal and personal service at Boot and Shoe pub for less than half the hotel prices.
We are very widely travelled, and thank goodness we got this as a groupon deal as i would not have paid £100.00 each per night.
They allow pets, but no where to take it for a do do. No dog run or space to take walk.
Right next to the university. No good walking from hotel , must have car.
Visit again......... no dont think so !

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that unlike the vast majority of our online reviews and feedback we receive, you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am a realist hotelier and I know that we cannot meet the individual needs and expectations of all our customers. I would also like to apologise for the genuine service shortfalls you experienced. Rest assured, I will act upon your feedback.

For the purpose of the TA community, I would like to add though that as a popular hotel, gained through reputation, we are inevitably going to be busy at certain times and we believe that the hosting of weddings and events, which most like-for-like hotels will do during weekends throughout Spring and Summer, does not detract from the overall hotel experience. And as with most hotels, we do of course welcome families with children, and in my opinion there are ample grounds in which to take pets for a walk, which is an opinion shared by most guests who bring their dogs here.

I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and I thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback

Reviewed 15 May 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel using a Groupon deal. We were disappointed in the dated room and asked to change. However, were informed that Groupon had used their luxury rooms to advertise the offer and ours was a 'classic'. Although the room was very dated and not what you would expect from a 4 star, the rest of the hotel and facilities certainly warranted this grade. Would recommend if it was a discount deal but wouldn't pay full price!

2  Thank Weejo35

As mentioned in some of previous responses to bedrooms, we are undergoing a rolling refurbishment programme of our classic rooms and many have already been completed, and I am sure that on a future visit you will be very happy with the modernisation programme of these rooms.

As you correctly pointed out, the "Groupon" offer did advertise an image of a Luxury Studio Suite, and this was done without our approval and consent, and Groupon admitted this was misleading to their customer base. Groupon have apologised for this error.

I do hope you would consider another visit to Lancaster House in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you are planning a return stay

Reviewed 8 May 2011

We recently stayed at the hotel as a guest at a wedding. The room that was allocated to us was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. The tea and coffee making facilities were excellent. Although we did not use it there was also an iron and ironing board in the room which can be very helpful. There are amply toiletries and towels in the bathroom. The leisure facilities are very good and the outside hot tub very pleasant on a sunny afternoon.
The breakfast menu was extensive, the food was of a high standard and delicious. We did not have a meal on the night as we attended the wedding meal which was also superb. The general décor of the hotel is tasteful and of a high clean standard.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Lancaster for a leisure visit or business trip.
The only two constructive things I could about our room :-
(No. 62) was that the window did not open and the night we stayed it was rather warm and it would have been pleasant if we could of had fresh air.
The bathroom tiles behind the door have not been finished off correctly.
These two thing are by no means complaints or spoilt our stay in any way. But if I've noticed them I'm sure other guest might and if it is not mentioned how can it be rectified.
Finally it leaves me only to say that the staff were very professional and caring especially working well under pressure as the hotel was extremely busy on the weekend we stayed.
Well done to All concerned at the Lancaster House Hotel. With very best wishes.

1  Thank DianeNDrew

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive review following your recent stay with us at Lancaster House.

I was delighted to learn that overall, you enjoyed your stay whilst attending the wedding. I will of course share your praise, especially your kind words about the team, with all my colleagues here.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another stay at some point in the future, and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you are planning another visit

Reviewed 8 May 2011

The hotel itself is lovely. The rooms and central areas were clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and helped add to the good value of the hotel.

The room we stayed in was very dated and not at all a reflection of the ones shown in all of the pictures. This was disappointing, as we were expecting a much more modern and fresh room. The room was warm and the beds were very comfortable.

The water in the rooms and communal toilets was very hot! Likewise, the temperature in the hot tub and jucuzzis made them a tad too hot to sit in for any length of time, with most people preferring to sit on the side.

The only real 'let down' to the weekend was that the changing room floor was filthy - it had not been cleaned by the next morning either. Also, I paid for a 25 minute massage but was left laying on the bed for a good five minutes before my massage started, having been instructed by the therapist to get undressed and then lay on the bed and 'have a few minutes relaxing'. This would have been fine if it had not been included in the time I should have been getting the treatment I was actually paying for and hoping for.

• Stayed: May 2011

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us at Lancaster House.

I was delighted to learn that overall, you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. However, I will be addressing the minor points you raised in your review with the relevant heads of department to ensure to ensure we do not have a repeat of a similar fall in standard.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Going to a Cat Show in Preston we found it difficult to get a hotel which would allow us to take our cats. The Lancaster House Hotel actually welcomed our two cats and the housekeeper, Terri, was just wonderful with her help. We found it a very friendly establishment and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Using the swimming pool was a pleasant experience.

We had our meal on both evenings in the bar. The food arrived very quickly and was hot and appetising. The only problem we found was that the portions were too large.

Our room was clean and well appointed and when we asked for a fridge for the cats' food one appeared within minutes.

When we attend the Preston and Blackpool Cat Show next year we will certainly book in to this hotel. The previous year we stayed in a large four star hotel in Blackpool and we had a dreadful experience with a drity room and staff going into the room when our cats were there and when we complained our complaint was ignored so this year we vored with our feet and gave the Blackpool Hotel a wide berth.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for your wonderful review following your recent stay with us here at Lancaster House. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you and your cats, were made to feel very welcome. We're huge animal lovers here at English Lakes and we especially love making a fuss of our four-legged friends.

We would of course be delighted to welcome you back next year, so please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you have a date in mind and I will ensure you have another comfortable stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences and feedback with the TA community.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#6 of 6 in Lancaster
The Midland
The Midland
#1 of 10 in Morecambe

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!