Lancaster House
Royal Kings Arms(Lancaster)
Globe Hotel(Overton)
  • Bar/Lounge
    1,443 results
    All reviewshot tubopen fireoutdoor jacuzziuniversity campusluxury studioleisure facilitiesreception areasteam roomleisure clubbar foodfantastic hotelexcellent facilitieswedding partybuffet stylebiscuitsreception staffenjoyable stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel location, entrance, lobby, spa are wonderful...must say deserve 4 star rating, but when we went to our room it was like 90's décor. The wallpaper was outdated, the beds were not good, the radiator were quite old (although they were quite hot), a small outdated cupboard, the bathroom was rubbish...in washbasin they have two separate taps for cold & hot water (which was really annoying), the bathtub was not in good condition. Overall when you'll enter hotel you'll have good feel about staying in 4 star hotel but as soon as you'll enter your room you'll feel like you have come to a 2 star hotel.
    The plus points were- They have Water dispenser & Ice dispenser in lobby (which I found quite unique & good), have good spa & swimming pool & have good breakfast area & Good food.

Room Tip: Don't go by what they show in their website, they are totally opposite.
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at Lancaster House.

Whilst it was pleasing to learn that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, it was disappointing to learn that our bedrooms did not meet your individual expectations. Admittedly, we still do have a small number of bedrooms in our stock of 99 which are due for modernisation so on your next visit, I will be delighted to accommodate you in one of our updated rooms. Please do contact me personally to ensure you are allocated one of these rooms.

Once again, many thanks for the feedback and I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We had a lovely overnight stay on our way down to Cornwall and enjoyed it so much we booked again for another overnight stay on the way home. Great hotel, helpful staff and lovely bedrooms. We also ate at the restaurant for dinner. There was an appetising choice of food and ours was delicious. Tasty buffet style breakfast and there was plenty choices. The hotel also sits in a quiet area near the university which has very scenic grounds you can wander about. A highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank GILLIANO015

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay with us at Lancaster House.

I was delighted that you share the comments of the vast majority of our TA feedback and enjoyed all apsects of your stay.

If you are ever planning another visit to our little corner of Lancashire, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure you have another lovely stay.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at the Lancaster House in January so Im a bit late with this review. It was booked with a KGB deal voucher, but we were treated like any other guest. Everybody was extremely friendly. Food in the restaurant was of a 5* standard. Waiting on staff were attentive. Breakfast was fantastic.
    I arranged for a bottle of Champagne to be put in the room as it was my Boyfriends birthday. It arrived whilst we were using the spa (which is lovely, especially the hot tub!) They even through in some Strawberries!
    Can't wait to visit it again!
    Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent weekend stay with us at Lancaster House.

I was delighted that we were able to make your stay special and it sounds like you both had a memorable stay. A little champagne always helps I'm sure you will agree.

If you are ever planning another little break, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will do my utmost to ensure you're stay is just as great.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had our wedding night here, although not the wedding, whilst we did get a balloon and some choccies, I think that for the price, it's average, nothing stands out to be worth the star rating or cost.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent Honeymoon stay with us here at Lancaster House.

I'm sorry that, unlinke the vast majority of our feedback, you didn't feel that the products and services we offer were of good value.

If you would like to discuss your feedback in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I would be delighted to discuss how you feel we could have improved your stay.

I do hope you will give us another chance to restore your faith at some point in the future.

Once again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and find it excellent value for money. The rooms are well furnished, good size, clean and modern bathrooms. Breakfast is excellent and the whole place is very welcoming. It is not that close to anything in walking distance (apart from the University) but only a short journey into the historic city of Lancaster (not an easy one way system, traffic always bad and parking not that easy!). The hotel is not far from J33 of the M6 and that is handy to get to the countryside - e.g. the Trough of Bowland. I went this time to do a walk round the Crook of Lune at Caton (near J34 of M6). I have also travelled to the South Lakes from the hotel which is only about 40 miles. Morecambe, Blackpool, Silverdale/Arnside, Carnforth are all within striking distance.The hotel also has a spa and leisure facilities.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay wth us.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit and you echo the vast majority of our feedback about the products and services we offer here at Lancaster House.

I am sure the TA community will also appreciate your advice on the great attractions and beautiful areas here on our doorstep. Certainly, many of our leisure guests find our location an ideal base to explore the region.

If you are ever planning another stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will endeavour to ensure you have another wonderful stay.