Lancaster House
    US$94
    US$92
    Orbitz.com
    1,445 results
    All reviewshot tubopen fireoutdoor jacuzziuniversity campusluxury studioleisure facilitiesreception areasteam roomleisure clubbar foodfantastic hotelexcellent facilitieswedding partybuffet stylebiscuitsreception staffenjoyable stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 28 May 2012

Sixteen family members spent the night at Lancaster House to celebrate my Mother-in-Laws 70th birthday and we all had a wonderful time. I was able to arrive early to decorate the table for the evening meal and we could check-in as soon as we arrived from 1.30pm onwards. The food and service in the restaurant were of a very good quality and considering the was a wedding at the hotel that night we lacked nothing. We have stayed here a few times now and each time we are nor disappointed, many thanks to all the staff and Tim the Manager for ensuring we had a very special and memorable time.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful.
    Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Many thanks once again for taking the time to post such a glowing review about your recent special celebration with us.

I'm so delighted we were once again able to host your family birthday event and I'm glad you contacted me direct so I was personally able to ensure we pulled out all the stops for you.

You've certainly become one of our "raving fans" and I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back once again should the opportunity arise. Of course, please contact me directly if you are.

Once again, many thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have been coming to this hotel now for five years

Upon arrival when we arrived in out room - things we minimalistic

Hardly any tea coffee and milk , only one bathrobe and one hair /body wash for three people

The gloss has gone from this hotel

We feel for an average family like us we are not a priority

Cleary conferences and Weddings are as demonstated by the breakfast the next day

Every time you have these events - the hotel is taken over ( and that is most weekends )

The main thing that did upset me was that i did mention upon booking it was my wife's birthday and you said you would do something

Nothing !!

In future , we will not pay full price but will look for special offers - we will not pay full price - it is not worth it

The hotel has lost it gloss -

You would have thought on the occasion of our complimentary stay to recompense for a previous bad occasion , the hotel would have got it right - sadly i have to say it did not

As part of a chain this hotels priorties are conferences and weddings if you do stay ask whether there is a wedding and choose a room as far away as possible

The restaurant is very very good but pricey

Room Tip: ask about the upgraded rooms - the standard ones are tired and need updating and you have to pay for wifi
    1  Thank mike h
    Reviewed 20 May 2012

I have just stayed at the hotel as part of a big wedding party. Everything was fine until the next morning when the shower ran cold. I was already suspicious because it had been set at maximum and given the very hot bathroom taps, I was worried the shower would also be burning hot. In retrospect it was probably because the previous room occupant had also had problems. I rang reception who said someone would take a look while we were at breakfast.

When we came to pay our bill I was told the shower could not be repaired that day (which made no difference to me as I was about to leave). But I was thanked for reporting the problem and handed my bill.

There was no offer to reduce the bill so I politely suggested to the receptionist that I should be offered a reduction. She said she was not authorised to do so I suggested she speak to her manager. She disappeared and returned saying I could have 10% off an £88 per bill. I put it to her that this was not an adequate response when I had had to put up with a cold shower (and my husband had not had one at all). that I felt that 25% would be more appropriate. I told her that if I had known about the non functioning shower I would never had booked the hotel in the first place. She disappeared agaiin and another woman came out who said they could not authorise more than a 10% reduction. Only her manager could do this and this person was apparently on holiday. Since I imagine I still looked dissatisfied and there were other customers standing around who could hear our conversation, she said she would "make a phone call". She disappeared back into her room and I never saw her again but eventually one of the young receptionists returned with the news that I could have 25% off. I accepted this and paid the bill but there was no further apology and I felt I had had wrung this reduction out of the hotel when it was they who had let me down.

So overall, perfectly nice place (though personally I wouldn't make a feature of bog standard "Kingsmill bread" on the breakfast menu) but let down by poor training dealing with a genuine complaint. If there had been an immediate acknowledgment that I had not received the good quality hotel experience I should have expected, with an offer to reduce the bill, I might have come away praising this hotel.. As it is, for the first time ever I am contributing to Trip Advisor with a complaint and they have only themselves to blame.

Room Tip: If there is a lift we never found it, so anyone with walking problems should choose the ground floor.
    • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Londonervisit
    TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I was obviously disappointed and also very surprised that your complaint was not dealt with more efficiently. As I am sure you have read from previous reviews, we are proud of the level of service the team provides which comes from intensive training, including the dealing with negative comments, and I can only apologise that we did not appear to deliver our usual standard on this occasion. Rest assured, I have investigated this matter in great detail with the persons involved and have already put steps into place to ensure we do not have any future repetition of a similar incident.

We have recently installed a new energy-efficient hot water system as part of our commitment to reducing our waste, and admittedly on the day you stayed, we did experience a couple of teething problems. However, I am happy to report that these have now been rectified and I am sure you will find that the hot water provision is now plentiful.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity so that we can restore your faith, and to this end, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make all the necessary arrangements.

Thank you once again for the feedback

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times. The classic double rooms that I have had have been tired and in dire need of redecoration so much so that the last time I had to upgrade to a luxury suite which was very nice, save for the fact that the shower had a mind of its own as far as the temperature was concerned.

The staff without exception are great and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is one of the best I have had and the dinners are very good.

The one very annoying thing is that it does not have wifi and charges for the Internet.

Room Tip: Don't take the originally built rooms on the ground and first floor
    • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Many thanks for your review following your recent stays with us.

Whilst it was pleasing to learn that you enjoyed our food offering and service, I am sorry that on one of your stays the bedroom did not meet your expectations. You may have read from a previous review that we are undergoing a rolling modernisation of our older bedrooms and many have now been completed. On a future visit, I am sure you will find these to your personal satisfaction. Please contact me personally if you are ever in the area again and I will arrange this for you.

For the purpose of the TA community, I must stress that we do not charge residents for the internet which is available via a simple plug-in wire in the rooms and also wirelessly in the public areas. We are also planning extending the wi-fi to our rooms in the next few months.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon and many thanks for the review.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Nicely located for the M6.

Arrived later on but a warm welcome.

We had to eat in the bar as the restaurant was closed (as from 2130) which wasn't a major issue but a little dissappointing as reception had asked if we could be fitted in as we arrived, the answer had been yes, as long as we were there in 5 mins - but when we arrived at the restaurant 5 mins later we were asked if we would go to the bar and have a bar snack instead.

We thought the Bar meals were expensive for what they were (£13 for frozen chips and a small Haddock).

The bar had 2 TVs - one of which was quite loud and intrusive.

Breakfast was very good - no portion control as it was a self service buffet! Very tasty, well cooked, presented and a good choice.

Room well appointed, clean and a very comfy bed. TV small, but the cups in the room were big and complimentary biscuits tasty.

Jury is out on this one - may stay again (not a will or would - more a might!)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay with us.

Whilst it was pleasing to learn you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay with us, I was disappointed to learn that there were certain parts that you did not.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon and hopefully you can then enjoy the restaurant which I am sorry you missed on your last visist.

If you are ever planning another visit, please do contact me personally and I will arrange a much more agreeable stay for you.