Lancaster House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Royal Kings Arms(Lancaster)
    Auckland Hotel(Morecambe)
    US$93
    Hotels.com
    1,446 results
    All reviewshot tubopen fireoutdoor jacuzziuniversity campusluxury studioleisure facilitiesreception areasteam roomleisure clubbar foodfantastic hotelexcellent facilitieswedding partybuffet stylebiscuitsreception staffenjoyable stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed for one night 28/06/2012 as my son had a gig at the university, so we booked a large family room one double bed and two single beds, all beds very comfortable room nice size, staff at reception on the ball booking in only took a few minutes, We liked the atmosphere in the hotel all staff very helpfull, had dinner in the Sandepiper bar good choice on menu everyone enjoyed the meal, in morning had very good breakfast great choice and well cooked, any time we are in the area will book into the Lancaster House top place.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of Hotel quieter if anything going on at university, but this is only the odd occasion, and the Hotel staff do inform you if anything is going on.
    • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
    TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay with us at Lancaster House.

I will of course share your feedback with the whole team here who always appreciate the comments they receive.

"Warm & Friendly" are certainly the adjectives one likes to hear when guests describe our hotel. They are the attributes that make customers feel relaxed and at home, and always we do our utmost here to deliver that unique feeling.

If you are ever planning another return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will endeavour to ensure you have another great stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend as part of a trip to Lancaster for the Lancaster Marathon. First impressions of the hotel were very good with a lovely reception area, nicely presented restaurant and attractive bar area.

We received a warm welcome and found the reception service to be efficient and professional. The Sandpiper Leisure Club was a very welcome addition with sauna, jacuzzi and outdoor hot tub facilities.

The hotel breakfast was excellent with a great choice of food and good standard of cooking. The restaurant 'The Foodworks' which we visited for one of our evening meals was also of a very high standard with excellent service and fantastic cooking.

The only snag I had with the hotel was that the rooms seemed to be slightly outdated. It was clear that efforts had been made to update the rooms by installing new bed sheets, painted walls and new bed headboards, however, the new touches didn't seem to fit very well with the older furnishings such as the carpets, dressing tables and chairs. This was a small snag however as the other hotel facilities more than made up for rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
    Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post a positive and very comprehensive review about your recent stay with us.

I note your comments about the room, and as you may have seen from some previous reviews, we are undergoing a rolling refurbishment of our bedroom stock. Modernisation of bedrooms does admittedly take a little time. However, we are committed to refurbishing all of our remaining "older" bedrooms to a level which will hopefully meet the expectations of all our guests.

Once again, many thanks for the positive review and I hope to see you again soon. Indeed, if you are planning another visit, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure you have another comfortable stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This hotel feels special but staff are so friendly that you don't feel uncomfortable. Breakfast was good. The only downside for us was UHT milk and only one packet of biscuits in room. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
    Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post a positive review about your recent stay with us.

I note your comments about the room refreshments and I would like to add that we can happily provide fresh milk and plenty more biscuits and replenishments anytime during your stay, with our compliments of course.

Once again, many thanks for the great review and I hope to see you again soon. Indeed, if you are planning another visit, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure you have another comfortable stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We booked a last minute dinner,bb rate which was good value for money, the room was clean and well maintained and had all of the facilities of a good 4 star. The evening meal had a good selection, it was cooked to our liking, hot, tasty and set in a nice comfortable surrounding. The breakfast was plentiful, varied and finished our stay off nicely. Overall an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The dinner/b@b rate is really good value
    • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
    Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

I am delighted that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. I will of course share your feedback with the team who always appreciate the feedback they receive. The Dinner, Bed & Breakfast packages certainly are worth the little extra and I'm glad that you enjoyed our Lancashire Fayre.

Once again, many thanks for the great review and I hope to see you again soon. Indeed, if you are planning another visit, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure you have another great stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed in one of the luxury suites, and don't regret paying the difference. Spacious and well-appointed living-room and bed-room and a huge bathroom with large bath and shower. Because we stayed at a weekend there were plenty of other guests and on each night there appeared to be two separate wedding/anniversary functions taking place. However, even though our room overlooked the main entrance, we were not disturbed by noise as everything seemed to go quiet before midnight.

Breakfast is a buffet affair with plenty of choice, all well-cooked, and extras can be ordered from the table too.

Overall, one of the nicest hotels we've ever been in, considering it's location, the views from the room, the style of decor and tidiness of the public areas and the general comfort and cleanliness.

PS We didn't try out the Spa - hope to do that when we return later in the summer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
    Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review about your recent stay with us. Glad you got to stay in one of the Luxury Studio Suites, they really are worth the little extra in my opinion.

Once again, many thanks for the great review and I hope to see you again soon. Indeed, when you have planned your date for another visit, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure you have another comfortable stay.