“A welcome anniversary treat”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

Our stay here was a gift for our anniversary! We had been the confirmation of booking into a 'luxury suite'! On entering the 'room' I questioned whether this could be described as a suite....my husband checked with the desk and they advised there were 2 guests checking in with the same surname and they had in fact checked us into the wrong room....the suite was a better description for the 2nd room...lovely! We had sandwiches for lunch...I had the tuna...which was sparse and merely 'buttered' with tuna...quite pricey for what it was! The leisure facilities were lovely and the massage a long overdue treat! Breakfast was lovely too thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: November 2012
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Many thanks for the positive review.

I was glad to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your anniversary stay. I was concerned though about the mix-up with the room type, although I'm glad this was resolved swiftly and you were able to enjoy one of our suites.

I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back someday soon for a truly "perfect" anniversary stay.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed here for a couple of night in May, and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
The foyer was welcoming, as were reception staff. Food was good, as was restaurant service.
My room was pleasant.
The car park was spacious.
All things considered a hotel which is classy, professional and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the positive review.

I was delighted to learn that we managed to meet all your individual expectations, and hopefully, may have exceeded in a couple of areas.

If you are ever over this way again, do contact me personally and I will assure you another great stay.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

clean, comfortable hotel, hot swimming pool, good breakfast, friendly staff, very quiet and great area for walk and relax, recommend for everyone, who looking for stillness, I and my family are pleased at our stay

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review.

I was delighted you had an enjoyable stay and managed to not only relax, but also enjoy some walks (my favourite hobby!)

If you are ever in the area again, please do contact me and I will not only assure you another great stay, I'll also show you some more great walks available in the region.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Our daughter & boyfriend were booked into the hotel for her birthday so we arranged to surprise her and have a meal with her the staff were excellent as was the service and food

We had a very pleasant evening from the minute we arrived the barman was very friendly and helpful as was the the lad who served us in the resturant everything was perfect

We will definatley be back

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the glowing review.

I was delighted to hear that we manged to make your daughter's birthday a truly special occasion.

I will of course share your feedback with the team who always enjoy "making a fuss" for occasions such as these.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of helping you celebrate some more family birthdays in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We had a two night bed & breakfast break purchased on a kgb deal & thought it was excellent value. Our room was on the ground floor with a large bed, tea & coffee tray replenished each day & flat screen t. v. with freeview. The bathroom was clean & spacious with plenty of hot water & large fluffy towels.
We used the spa facilities on two occasions where you are provided with free towels & a locker. There is a pool, large steam room, sauna & an indoor & outdoor hot tub, all of which were clean & quiet at the times we used them.
We had dinner on the first night & found the prices to be a little expensive although the food quality was very good. Three courses cost between £22 & £35 depending on choice. Breakfast was excellent with a good selection of fruit, pastries, cereal & hot buffet.
There is a welcoming open fire in the lobby with comfy chairs & a nice bar for a quiet drink open throughout the day.
The hotel is in an excellent location five minutes from the M6 & Lancaster city centre & with easy access to the Trough of Bowland or the Lakes for walking.
We have already recommended this hotel to friends & family & would not hesitate in using this or one of the other hotels in their chain again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and comprehensive review following your recent stay with us at Lancaster House. I know the TA community always appreciate a good, balanced review rather than focusing too long on "minor" areas.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I very much hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Indeed, if you are ever planning another visit, do contact me personally and I will endeavour to deliver another great stay for you.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We recently stayed at the Lancaster House only for 1 night - I wish it had been for more! Admittedly the hotel could benefit from upgrading the carpets & bedding as it is a little tired - but tired does not mean bad. It was very clean, the room was comfortable, bed comfortable, bathroom very clean & good water pressure in the shower. What made this hotel however is the restaurant! We had dinner & a full breakfast at the hotel and it was one of the best meals I have ever had! Top quality. They also have a great little bar where you can have a more simple meal & drinks if you want. Was a great place to relax - especially by the fireplace. Hotel has a fantastic huge wood burning fireplace in the lobby which is also wonderful to sit by. I would recommend this hotel in a heart beat & will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Many thanks indeed for such a fantastic review following your recent one night stay with us.

Delighted you had such an enjoyable meal and were able to relax in front of the fire. At this time of year, what more could one want to make one feel cosy and content?

I hope we can convince you to stay a little longer next time so you can explore our beautiful area and learn about our historic city. Indeed, please do not hesitate to contact me if you are ever planning to be in the area again and I will ensure you have another superb stay.

Once again, thank you for becoming one of our "Raving Fans"

Tim Bell

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The rooms were a bit tired but very clean, fit for purpose but a shame as from the reception area and Sandeman bar would have expected a bit more. the bed was very comfortable, but the room was rather hot. Good powerful shower which was over bath, plenty of hot water. No usual specific make up/shavng mirror in bathroom and lighting not ideal so suggest taking own makeup mirror. The rooms were not very soundproofed and could hear next door talking but there was an adjoining door so that may be why. The pool area was in need of refurb which i noted it said was in the next two weeks so maybe finished now. The hotel staff were extremely helpful, would rate highly on customer service. Central for Lancaster and easy access routes to explore the area. Regarding food, the breakfast which we had served in the room was excellent and generously portioned. If you want to leave the car it is just a short journey by taxi into Lancaster centre. All in all some good points and some average ones but had a satisfactory stay.

Room Tip: Room 6 had a view of a wall at the back of hotel so maybe ask for front facing as could have good vi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post a comprehensive review following your recent stay with us.

Whilst I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, I would like to for your benefit and the purpose of the TA community, address a couple of points you raised in your review.

As you mentioned, our gymnasium this week is undergoing a full refurbishment and will be re-open on Saturday 10th of November after a significant update with brand new state-of-the-art equipment which will be the very best available on the market currently.

Also, you were allocated one of our very few "inter-connecting" rooms and we have just this week addressed the issue you raised by increasing the sound-proofing in the 6 rooms we have that fall under this category, so this should hopefully prevent any noise travelling between these rooms.

I do hope these shortfalls haven't permanently marred your opinion of our hotel and we can hopefully look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Tim Bell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#6 of 6 in Lancaster
Travelodge Lancaster Central Hotel

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!