“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Cumbria UK
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

We have now stayed at this hotel five times over the last 10 years. It is a fantastic place, the management and staff are great, the food is wonderful. Each and every guest is treated with respect and made to feel special. Happy New Year to Tim and all his team and see you for lunch on Saturday!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cuthberrys
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you so much for the great review and your very kind words.

It was wonderful to welcome you back for New Year. I have of course shared your feedback with the whole team here.

Fingers crossed, it won't be too long before we see you at "The House" again soon.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

stayed at the lancaster house hotel for two nights in between christmas and new year. on the whole it was ok staff were good breakfast was exellent room and facilities were also ok. had the chicken madras in the bar first night worst curry you could ever imagine only my personal opinion but if you had not been told you would never have guessrd it was a curry.. ate in the restaurant the night after and this complaint can not be put down to a guests personal preferences. the broccoli on my wifes dinner ,which covered a third of the plate was bright yellow should have been binned at least a week before,i know because i buy and sell the stuff for a living.sent it back and it came with a plate of frozen broccoli refused to pay for it .spoils the whole experience.was considering staying for acelebration with 17 family members in february but it puts you off ..shame nice place

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nellracker
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

I am sorry that the quality of food didn't appear to be up to our usual high standard on your recent stay. As I'm sure you can appreciate from all the other very positive feedback on Tripadvisor, I can only put this down to an isolated incident and I would be confident that on a return visit, you will find the food much more to your personal satisfaction.

Please do contact me personally should you consider us for the celebration stay you were planning and I will assure you a high quality stay with food to match.

Our apologies once again that we failed to meet your expectations

Regards

Tim Bell, General Manager
Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

I stayed at Lancaster House Hotel, for the second time this year, in early December and was again utterly delighted with the service. The food in the restaurant is great, as is the bar food available in the Sandeman Bar - the rooms are nice (the suites are wonderful!) and the gym and pool are lovely. But the service is fantastic - really helpful, really attentive. If the location suits, then I would really recommend it.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite at a reasonable price, do so! Super experience!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank johnhutchuk
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Thank you so much for the super review following your recent return stay with us.

It sounds like we were able to give you another great experience and it's always so nice to hear when guests send so much praise to the team. For me, the team are the hotel, and it's only through their hard work and dedication that I can proudly respond to so many delighted customers like yourself.

I hope we can tempt you back in 2013. Do keep an eye on the English Lakes website for some cracking offers coming up in the New Year.

Thanks again for the super review. Always very much appreciated.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I am writing this review on behalf of friends who stayed here on recommendation from myself. They reported that their stay was clean, comfortable and that the staff and food were excellent. Having stayed myself some years ago, I was pleased to hear that the high standards were still in place in this hotel. My friends have advised that they would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on behalf of your friend's recent stay. I was delighted to learn that your recommendation lived up to expectations and they might come and stay with us again.

And of course, after so many years, it would also be wonderful to welcome you back again to Lancaster House. It's still every bit as good, (if not a "wee bit better") than your last stay with us, which I think maybe over 10 years ago now if memory serves me right. The hotel has grown and modernised somewhat since then, but the heart and soul of "The House" is still very much the same.

Thank you once again for recommending us, and I wish you and all your family a wonderful 2013.

Hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a Christmas party night. It really was a fab night with great organisation from the hotel. The staff were great, the food was excellent and our table of 12 were all served together without any delays. It had a wonderful Christmas atmosphere from the comfy sofa's and a log fire in the reception area to the lovely party room. The live music was brilliant. The bedrooms were lovely, very clean with soft big white fluffy towels and very nice comfy bed. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank caloker
Thank you so much for the great review.

I was delighted to learn that we made your Christmas Party a success. We pride ourselves on giving a great party night which has only come from many years of listening to our customers and finding out exactly what they look for in a truly great festive night out. So, it's thanks to people like you, and your feedback, that we do what we do.

I hope we can welcome you back next year. In the meantime, do have a great 2013.

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed here over night for a works Christmas party, from start to finish the experience was excellent. Beautiful rooms, lovely white bath robes and a bath or power shower. Really good meal I just wish we had been there for longer to use the fabulous pool and spa treatments. The staff are helpful and courteous.,The beds are so comfortable and its very quiet for a restful nights sleep.

Room Tip: Just look on the intranet, the photos sayitall.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review following your recent Christmas Party stay with us here at Lancaster House.

I will of course share your feedback with the whole team here who I know will be delighted to hear your comments.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back next year, if not sooner. And maybe next time you might get chance to take advantage of our extensive leisure and beauty facilities.

In the meantime, I wish you a great New Year

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

Excellent location in particular for those visiting Lancaster University.

Extremely quite so sound, or soundless, sleeping is guaranteed!

one minor issue is that the two single beds were too close to each others

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the positive review. I'm delighted you got a great night's sleep and you found the location handy.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Indeed, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you are ever in the area again and I would be delighted to make the arrangements for you.

Tim Bell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!