“Simply the best hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
“Simply the best hotel”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Stay here every week with work and its a home from home.

The staff are the most attentive, friendly and professional staff I've ever encountered in any hotel anywhere.

The rooms are fantastic, restaurant is lovely and relaxed with good quality food, the bar is homely and serves lovely food and the leisure facilities are as good if not better than Spa days I've experienced elsewhere.

The hotel found out it was my birthday and put balloons in my room along with a complementary couple of beers - again where else would do this.

Tim the GM and his staff are amazing and the hotel deserved to be number 1 in the north west not just lancaster.

Thanks for making my time away from home easier.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank GuardianSpecial1
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
What can I say? I'm so very grateful that you've taken the time again to give us such a wonderful review.

We love welcoming you back week after week. We know it must be so hard to spend so much time away from home, so the fact that Lancaster House goes some way to filling that void makes me very proud indeed.

I'm nothing without my team, and its to them I owe my debt of gratitude and the reason Lancaster House remains the number one choice for the city.

Hope you managed to celebrate your birthday appropriately at the next given opportunity and we look forward to welcoming you back

Tim Bell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Spent a leisure w/e visiting family at this hotel.
Superb value given the high quality facilities.
Spacious room, enormous, comfortable bed, high quality linens and toiletries. Very clean and well kept.
Beautiful spa, pool and gym facilities.
Good breakfast.
Welcoming fire and gorgeous flowers in the lofty entrance hall.
Friendly, courteous, helpful and efficient staff.
Rather generic in look and feel, but more than made up for by all of the above and the convenient, pretty location.
Loved it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann W

I hope we can welcome you back again soon

Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Went with friends for an overnight stay for our husbands birthdays. Room was lovely, staff very friendly.

We had booked for dinner and the food was lovely, served by very helpful, attentitive, but not interfering, staff. Breakfast was buffet style. Again food was lovely and ample and would suit any diet etc. I paid extra for kippers and my friend had the smoked haddock with poached egg both were worth the extra monies.
Would definitely recommend this hotel for the staff, overall cleanliness, the food, location to Lancaster and the general area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Structures
Thank you much for the excellent review.

I hope we managed to make your husband's birthday weekend a memorable one. It certainly sounds like you celebrated it in style.

If you are ever planning another special occasion or just need a quick break away, we'd love to welcome you back

liverpool
Reviewed 3 March 2013

our wedding ,,,, we got married at lancaster house last july ,, beautifull place and wedding venue ,, loads of postives ,, and a few negatives ,, our weding was everything we dreamed off and everyone had a lovley day ,, the only negatives we had ,, when i arrived in our bridal room ;it felt like it was just an ordinary stay a nice touch for our wedding day would of been nice ,, and also after our wedding ,, there was no contact afterwards which was a little dissapointing ,,

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review following your wedding with us.

Whilst it was gratifying to read that everything went well, I'm sorry we didn't manage to meet and exceed all your expectations. I will of course take your comments on board and see what we can do for the future. If you are planning your anniversary stay with us, please do contact me personally and I'll ensure we can make it special for you.

Thanks once again for the feedback and we hope we can welcome you back soon

Edinburgh
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Perfect, perfect, perfect!
Superb accommodation in the luxury suite yet again.
Great food served in the restaurant and bar. We enjoyed all the facilities even including a relaxing soak in the outdoor hot-tub (yes, it WAS February... and snowing!).
Delightful place for a short break. Will return again and again. :-D

Room Tip: The upgrade to a Luxury suite is well worth it (you only live once- best live it in style!)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank garchbo
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Wow, I'm so grateful for the glowing review. We don't claim to be perfect, but we're always striving for it. And I'm flattered you think we've found it.

And well done on braving the february elements to take a dip in the outdoor hot-tub. It's the best time of year to appreciate it I always say.

And thanks for giving the TA community the tip on the suites.

We hope to see you back at "The House" again soon

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed at lancaster house on a KGB deal, I was amazed as soon as we walked into the reception, it was so nice. We travelled down on the day of the snow from the lakes so we were very early, but this was no problem for the staff and our upgraded suite was ready for us. John helped my husband bring our luggage in as it was still snowing. Our room was very nice room 103. It had recently been refurbed I believe and it had everything you needed. The addition of a water fountain in the corridor and an ice machine down the corridor was also a nice treat. The food was good in the bar, and we ate in the restaurant on valentines night . The food was very well presented and we had a lovely evening. I booked another night unbeknown to my husband as I was enjoying our stay so much. The staff are a credit to the hotel in the morning, day, and night. The spa was lovely. The only thing we didn't experience was the hot tub unfortunately. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we talk to if they are in the area and we hope to come back again for a stay. In our lovely suite room.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank village1962
Thank you so mcuh for the review and the pictures following your recent "extended" stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that you had a great time. So much so, you stayed an extra night! What a lovely surprise for your husband.

Do keep an eye on some equally great deals (if not better) on the English Lakes website and hopefully we can tempt you back again soon

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2013

nice tidy hotel good facilities i started off the new year getting back in shape and using the gym and the swimming pool a lot. The staff were very helpful and pleasent. The food was very good and plentiful nice breakfast on a morning .The price was also very camparable to some of the lesser hotels i have stopped in. i will definatley stay again when i am in the area again

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter -on the front you do get the noise from the trains now and again
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Daniel O
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent stay with us at Lancaster House

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I very much hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back if you are in the area again in the near future.

Indeed, if you are ever planning another visit, do contact me personally and I will endeavour to deliver another great stay for you.

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!