“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Manipal
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was my third time at the hotel. It is a charming and quiet place, just a walking distance away from the University where I had my official work. The rooms are large and neat and the restaurant carries a good menu. The ambience in the bar is great. I would like to stay at the hotel again if I were to visit the Lake District with my family.

Room Tip: Insist on a ground floor room (first floor for Americans!) if you have trouble taking the stairs. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review following your third stay with us.

It's gratifying to learn that you have enjoyed all your visits to Lancaster House and obviously we are very handily placed for your work.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you are visiting the University.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Stornoway, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

After a stressful time preparing to move house, we stopped here 1 night and the leisure centre was immediately relaxing, being in the jacuzzi and pool, had a suite as they are luxury, the bathrooms are amazing. Bar meal was good, staff friendly, a nice setting, definitely recommend.
Only down sides - outdoor hot tub out of action and some noise from neighbouring building work at university.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a suite
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks indeed for the positive review following your recent stay with us.

I am glad we were able to make you feel relaxed after the stress of moving house and I do hope you're settling in well to your new home.

I am sorry that the outdoor hot-tub was out of action for your stay. On a future visit, I hope you will be able to enjoy it though.

We hope to welcome you back again soon

manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed over to take part in cross bay walk. the hotel is very clean, the staff are very helpful. I ended up leaving my kindle and the duty manager was very helpful and it was returned.
I would recommend this hotel and stay again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

And congratulations on completing the famous Cross Bay Walk. It's no easy task that's for sure.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon

Avening
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Having decided to stop on our way to the borders for a weeks relaxing holiday this hotel was chosen at random from the web so imagine our delight that on a late arrival we were greeted in a friendly manner, given a pleasant room and enjoyed a pre-booked dinner served by staff that seemed to enjoy their job.
Breakfast was a real joy with a very large selection of food which set us up for the day. We found the restaurant a great place to eat, be it dinner or breakfast.
The big plus I believe for this hotel is its access just off the M6 which after a bad journey on the motorway was a real bonus for us and its position in the country side with out having to negotiate city traffic was a real plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stop-over stay with us.

I am glad you were made to feel so welcome, which is always nice after a long journey. We do get a lot of guests discovering us for the first time en-route to and from Scotland and more often than not, they do come back to discover Lancaster for a longer stay in the future. I hope we can tempt you back to our fair city soon

Thanks again for the great review

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay. Great service from start to finish, in the bar and restaurant. Lovely pool area and outdoor jacuzzi.
Had a snack in the bar for lunch then a meal in the restaurant in the evening, both were very good. Room was fantastic, we had a suite it is worth the extra. Stayed for my friends birthday treat, they decorated the table in the restaurant which was a really nice touch. Overall a really enjoyable stay, will definitely book again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review.

I was delighted we were able to make your stay special. The luxury suites really do make the difference don't they?

I will of course share your feedback with the whole team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed here whilst on a work-related visit to the University. This hotel is great and I found myself wishing I could spend more time in the hotel. I probably will go back and stay there for pleasure when I get a chance.

The location is great for work at the University.

Dinner was tasty. Later in the night we had hot chocolate served to us in the lounge while we sat in front of a open fire. My room was very comfortable. The ice machine in the corridor was a cool touch ;-) Breakfast and lunch, the next day were also good.

I also organised a conference at the hotel and was very impressed with the facilities.

Staff were on-hand throughout the day. Very helpful and courteus. Well-done and thank you.

Muslim travellers: please note that the hotel was able to organise halal meals for my conference guests, but this had to be ordered well in advance.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the detailed and comprehensive review following your recent conference stay with us at Lancaster House.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to help make your event a success. A hot chocolate sounds great in front of the fire, a wonderful way to relax after a long day.

I hope we can tempt you back on a non-business stay in the future so we can make you truly relaxed.

Mickleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

This hotel is well-situated, and we found the staff were pleasant, courteous, friendly, helpful and smart; the room was clean, comfy, large and well-appointed.

The only slight snag was the lack of sound-proofing - I was woken up by passers-by in the corridor outside our room, but I'm a light sleeper anyway, and I forgot my earplugs! It wouldn't stop me staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that, overall, you enjoyed your stay. We do try and tell all our guests to repsect the consideration of other guests in our coridoors. But for light sleepers, we do always carry ear-plugs here at the hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back for a less-disturbed night's sleep soon

Tim Bell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!