“Excellent hotel for Lancaster University”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Durham,England
“Excellent hotel for Lancaster University”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Excellent location within walking distance to the university. We stayed there over University induction weekend at excellent rates. The staff were v efficient, helpful and v friendly while the room could not be faulted in anyway (room 25 was v quiet). Will definitely go back again in the next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phantom22
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thanks for the great review.

Glad you found our hotel not only handy, but very friendly too. It's nice to be welcomed in a warm manner when visiting a new place. Lancaster is one of the friendliest cities I've ever known, and the local people so genuine and helpful. It's a pleasure to work with so many of them.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
shropshire
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here for one night after taking our daughter to uni, and plan to make it our first choice on all our visits, spotlessly clean and spacious room, Hugh comfy bed, lovely reception area with a log fire, partner enjoyed the pool, sauna and hot tub,and the breakfast was amazing, great choice and good quality ingredients, polite competent staff, looking forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for the great review.

Glad you managed to stay with us on what is always one of the busiest weeks of the year.

We're really handy for the University, and I'm sure your daughter is going to love Lancaster.

As you are family of a Lancaster University student, if you have not done so already, please ensure you sign up for our "Unite" scheme which entitles you to discounts and special offers exclusive to the university.

I hope we can welcome you back soon, and as a little tip, when you daughter graduates, do remember to book very early indeed. Alas, we only have 99 bedrooms, and I'm sure you can imagine, there's a very high demand in the area that week.

Thanks again for the review.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed here to visit my brother who studies in Lancaester university. Great location for this propose. 10-15mins bus ride to the city center. Beautiful and cozy reception area, nice bar at the ground floor, clean rooms, welcoming staffs.. Everything was great. I will recommend my parents to stay next time they visit Lancaster, and i myself would love to stay here again at my next visit :)

Room Tip: If you are coming to visit Lancaster university, here is the place you should stay. 2mins walk to th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the great review.

I was delighted to learn you enjoyed our hospitality and facilities so much.

Hopefully we can welcome you and your parents back to Lancaster again soon.

Munster, Germany
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I would definately recommend this hotel. The rooms were large and beds extremely comfortable. The bar was great and we had food served in there which was delicious. Used the hotel pool which was great for a quick morning swim and afterwards a really nice breakfast.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the ground floor and I can only judge these. I have no complaints whatsoever.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 19TheWanderer63
Thank you kindly for the great review following your recent stay.

Delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit, and also appreciated our great beds. We're very proud of them.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at this lovely hotel which is like a home from home for 18 months but due to a serious car accident have not been able to stay since June. I emailed the hotel to say I'm looking forward to returning as had an accident and they were amazing offering me a ground floor room and any assistance I may need. I arrived to the usual lovely warm welcome and Sarah on reception was amazing and kindly took my cases to my room. When I got to my room the staff left me a welcome back card and a basket of fruit and some beers....it was such a lovely gesture.
This hotel is well managed, well maintained and the thing that makes this hotel stand out is the staff - A1 staff providing an exceptional level of customer care.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you again for another brilliant review. I'm very flattered.

And again, you hit the nail on the head with your observation. It's the team and the little touches that sets any good hotel apart, and I'm proud that my team consistently deliver on this level.

We were so sorry to learn of your recent accident, but happy that you're recovery is going well, and even happier that you had recovered enough that we had the pleasure of welcoming you back after missing you for a few months.

It's always such a pleasure to welcome you to "The House". Your custom and company has been sorely missed.

On behalf of everyone here, we wish you a very speedy recovery.

Millom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for a couple of nights with wife and baby in a family room (121). Room decor was dated (early 90's style) but was clean and comfortable although windows draughty. The main problem was there is no lift to the first floor (according to porter). This meant having to wheel pram etc up and down the staircase in reception. Not family friendly at all. Restaurant, bar, food and leisure amenities all extremely good. Would maybe stay again but not in a family room.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for the review.

I am sorry that the room allocated to you was not ideal. I will of course address this with my team to ensure families with cots/prams etc are not allocated this particular room if we can help it.

Glad though that you did enjoy the rest of the facilities.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

A very friendly and welcoming hotel in Lancaster - service throughout our stay was excellent. It is well located and facilities are good. There was a wedding there during our stay and the wedding party were staying over night but was all complementary and we were all treated excellently. We thought the restaurant was a "jewel" and were really impressed with the excellent food and the chef.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

Delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, especially your experience in our Foodworks Restaurant.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!