“A big place, but friendly”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Lancaster House was a one night stop on the way through to Scotland. We found the place to be quite similar to a good quality Australian Motel. Everything was right there on hand, and the rooms were very nicely laid out and comfortable. The hotel was very busy when we were there, but we managed to fit into the dining room for a good and reasonably priced meal. Breakfast was great, a good start to another travelling day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Delighted you got chance to stop off with us en-route to Scotland. Many people discover Lancaster for the first time doing this, and many return to experience our historic little city. And if there's one quality I want to be known by, it's "Friendly". So thanks for praise.

If you're ever back in the UK, hopefully you might get the opportunity to spend a little more time in our lovely corner of Lancashire.

Thanks again for the review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was very excited to be travelling and had not planned on staying in hotels but the hostels were locked up tight when i finally arrived in Lancaster so I took a chance at the Lancaster House. I'm glad i did. It was comfortable, the staff was friendly and welcoming, and I had no problem getting a sound night's sleep. I highly recommend Lancaster House.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Thanks so much for the review.

Is sounds like the hostel's loss was definitely our gain. Delighted we were able to accommodate you and give you a great night's sleep.

We wish you well on the rest of your travels and we hope you can drop by again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

good food, helpful staff , great surroundings and comfortable beds it is a great place fo0r any celebratio0ns and very reasonably priced for the amenities and the facilities. The spa and pool make the visit so special and book in advance

Room Tip: west side has the views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the positive review.

Delighted to learn that you enjoyed all apsects of your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 7 October 2013

After what was a lengthy wait at reception and checked in by a receptionist without a personality, I did actually find this hotel to be pleasant with comfortable rooms. I upgraded to a deluxe room and for the extra for £ it was definitely worth it.

had a drink at the bar which wasn't too pricey and the service in there was good.

Will be returning to this hotel in November and am looking forward to it !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Many thanks for the great review.

Delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I am sorry though that your welcome was not as warm as our usual standard. I will of course address this with the team, and can only presume this was an isolated incident.

Thanks again for the review though, I hope we can give you the full warm welcome in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for wedding anniversary for one night stayed in a suite. The suite was lovely and the bathroom large and luxurious! All the fittings in the room were to a high standard and really liked having the ice and filtered water outside the room.
Spa facilities excellent and enjoyed the steam room and a relaxing swim. The food is extremely good and although slightly pricey well worth it and probably the meal in the evening was the best we have had a for a number of years.
The most enjoyable aspect of the hotel was excellent customer service they really went that extra mile for our anniversary with small touches in the room and in the restaurant, made the night that extra special. Highly recommend the hotel and were hoping to become a regular visitor throughout the year!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review.

It sounds like we managed to make your anniversary really special, and that always makes me proud. It's the team that deliver for our guests, and I'm delighted you recognised them so wonderfully in your review.

Hopefully we can have the pleasure of hosting more special occasions for you in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am lying on my bed in this hotel longing for earplugs. The rear of the hotel is a couple of hundred yards from a huge student campus accommodation full of noisy students, including their car park from which cars are roaring up and down. Had I known I should be so close to hundreds of students I would never have come there. There is no air conditioning in the room and so I have had to open the window, but the level of noise from the student campus outside would penetrate anyway. Also, no lift in the building, thin walls, tired furnishings and in no way a normal 4* hotel. Never again - longing for the morning when I can leave and get some peace.

Room Tip: don;t get a room at the back where all the student houses and car park are.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry you experienced a disturbed nights sleep.

As you will see from the rest of the reviews, noise from the nearby university is not normally an issue for us here, otherwise I am sure this would be reflected in other TA reviews.

That particular evening must have been an isolated incident and I can only apologise that you didn't get the sleep you naturally expected.

I would just like to re-iterate for your benefit and the TA community that, as and when problems arise, our team always address them straight away. I am sure that had you contacted reception, an alternative room would have been found for you within a few moments and we would have also addressed the noise issue with the security at the University.

Once again, I am sorry you didn't get the good night's sleep that the vast majority of our guests enjoy.

Regards

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've stayed here a few times. The pool is great, the rooms well equipped and in the main the staff are friendly (the reception staff during checkout this time were pretty 'snippy' to be honest, but she just needs a sit down and a talking to about looking after customers).

The food is pretty good - and the bar staff were very friendly (introduced my to Lancaster Black, a good recommendation).

The grounds are good and it's convenient to the Uni. The approach through the gates is superior and the staff at the pool are extremely helpful. I can't praise those guys in particular, highly enough.

Only criticism was the bed - it was big but wasnt great quality and the pillows were small - but a small criticism. enough to just knock off the perfect score.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thanks so much for the review following your recent stays with us.

Glad to hear that, overall you enjoyed your stay.

I note your helpful remarks about the reception service and the pillows which I will be looking into personally to correct these shortcomings.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#6 of 6 in Lancaster
The Midland
The Midland
#1 of 10 in Morecambe

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!