“Wedding anniversary”

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed in a suite, which we have previously, and they are luxurious and spacious and well worth the extra money. The breakfast is either buffet or you can order different off the menu. Dinner was absolutely fabulous. Not just the food but because it was our wedding anniversary, there was "wedding anniversary" glitter on the table with a "happy anniversary"card from staff. We had a lovely surprise of a free champagne glass of prosecco with a strawberry. Fabulous!!
Staff are so helpful and welcoming. Cant wait to go again.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the money.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for the glowing review following your recent anniversary stay with us.

I was delighted to learn we were able to make this special occasion so memorable for you.

I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

A great hotel for a relaxing break. The outside hot tub in the spa is a real treat.
Rooms are clean, tidy and spacious. The food in both the bar area and in the 'The Food Works' restaurant was fabulous. Have stayed here on many occasions and will definately be back. A big thank you to John, who as always looked after us brilliantly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so very much for the great review.

I was delighted that you had a relaxing break.

I will of course share your comments with the team, especially our John who is such a great ambassador for customer service.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here in august for my birthday and 1st trip away with my boyfriend when we arrived the reception was lovely and cosy the fire wasn't on but I could imagine in the winter its beautiful, we stayed for 2 nights but wished we had stayed longer the rooms were nice could be a bit more modern but still clean and tidy cute touch with the dog on the bed. The food was delicious that we ate in both nights with some nice wine the breakfast was also very lovely. All staff were very friendly. we went in to Windermere for the day but ended up back early as the weather wasn't very good but we soon warmed up when we got back, shame they couldn't fit us in the weekend but we will be back in the new year definitely.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BNLB

Thank you for the great review.

I was delighted you had an enjoyable time.

Do try and visit us during the "colder" months and experience that lovely fireplace when it's roaring. There's also lots of great deals on the English Lakes Hotels website for winter breaks, so do remeber to sign up for our special offers.

I hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Starting from clean and comfortable rooms, outdoor Jacuzzi, indoor swimming pool and great food and drinks all day long, you need nothing more for a relaxing weekend. All these for very affordable prices.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for the wonderful review.

It sounds like you had a really relaxing break.

I hope we can tempt you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Lancaster House is a great place to stay, the staff are lovely and the ambiance never disappoints. Great location too.
If you feel the cold you'll love this hotel, I however found the rooms too warm and stuffy. Would still use it again though.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the positive review.

I was delighted to learn that, overall you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have just returned from my first stay here. I managed to get a good bed and breakfast rate.

The bedroom was reasonably large and was in good condition and was traditionally furnished. The bed was very comfortable and despite being near the university it was very quiet.

The breakfast was excellent and was a good selection of continental and cooked. The sausages in particular were very hot which is not always the case at buffet breakfasts. The added benefit of staying here is there is a pool and a Gym. The Gym seemed bigger than some you would find in much larger hotels and had a good selection of equipment.

The hotel bar was very cosy and had some interesting ales on tap.

The only very minor issues were
i) at first was an issue getting onto the WiFi but is was quickly resolved by recepion
ii) the safe in the bedroom was not digitial like most hotels and if I had needed to use it would have had to ask for help
iii) do not expect a huge TV - however the flatscreen TV had a good range of channels.

These are far outweighed by the positives and the quirkiness of it not being a major chain which lack personalisation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the positive review.

I was glad to learn that, overall you enjoyed your stay.

In response to your specific points, we do have digitial safes in our Luxury Studio Suites, as well as much larger TV's. And we are though currently looking into new TV's for our classic rooms.

I hope these small matters didn't marr your experience too much and we can still look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just returned from a short stay at this hotel, and had a lovely time. The staff were all wonderful and the facilities were excellent. I hope to return soon! We were very well looked after. I struggled with my phone reception, but on the other hand, it was quite nice to be a bit cut off!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the review.

I was delighted you enjoyed your break. I will of course pass on your kind comments about the team.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
2 mi away
3 mi away
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#6 of 6 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!