“Birthday weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Birthday weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Booked a relaxing weekend away for my wife's birthday at this lovely looking hotel. I booked this hotel on a groupon deal, £109 for 2 nights b/b with free use of the pool and spar facilities, good value i thought for this standard of hotel. As it was my wife's birthday i upgraded to a suite for an extra £20 per night. Well, fantastic room, massive bed, 2 televisions, nice seating area and the biggest bathroom i have ever had in a hotel room. It had a free standing bath, a separate shower, modern sink and toilet, even piped music from TV, stunning. Posh coffee and tea making facilities, safe, trouser press, you name it this room had it. Another nice touch was the ice making machines in the hallways not to mention the fresh cold water also available from machines in the hallways,a great idea. They also supplied ice buckets in your room so you could chill all the drinks that you had brought with you, great for me as my boot on the car is more like a well stocked bar. We used the pool and all the spar facilities, very relaxing and not too busy. All the staff who i spoke to were very friendly and helpful. The communal areas were spotless, the bar, restaurant, log fires with cozy corners all superb. The breakfast, second to none, posh coffee, proper full english with quality farm produce top notch. The only down sides for me at this hotel were, me being a yorkshire man i like reasonably priced food and drink which i found i could not get here so i had to eat out. A pint of bitter being £4 and an 8oz steak being £23 was over the top for me but i did not let this spoil my holiday i just ate out and drank my own beer and wine in my gorgeous room. I will finish there and say, me and my wife had a great weekend in one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in, would not hesitate to book this hotel again Steve Jeanette from Bradford.

Room Tip: Book a suite and treat your self.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us.

I was glad you had an enjoyable visit and you appreciated our lovely suites.

Don't forget to apply for one of our Relish cards via the English Lakes website. This FREE card entitles holders to a permanent 10% discount off food and drink as well as various seasonal offers. I'm sure you will find this card will give you great value for money on any future visits so you can enjoy our range of of high quality, award-winning local ales in the comfort of our Bar.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Have stayed here twice recently for a one night business stop over. First time was a standard twin room, which are a little dated for the price, almost scruffy, apparently there is a update programme for these rooms... this needs to happen. Second time I had a suite which was a very good price at £109 and was completely brilliant. It's well worth the extra £'s for the suite especially if there's a deal on. Bar and leisure facilities very good and nice buffet breakfast, which was also better the 2nd time around.
Booking direct with the hotel meant I got a better rate than the usual websites.

Room Tip: book with the hotel direct for best rates
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review following your recent stay on business.

I'm glad you enjoyed the suite, and found it good value for money. The Classic rooms are, as you pointed out, being modernised currently, many of which are already complete, and I'm sure you will see the difference on any future visit.

And thanks for the great tip on booking direct. The best rates with English Lakes Hotels are always to be found by coming direct, despite what some third party websites may promise.

Thanks again for the review, we hope to see you again soon

Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I Booked this Hotel for a two day break for my Partners Birthday. We had a great time, the food, the staff, the facilities were all Excellent. The only negative we can comment on was that we payed extra and booked a Studio room and would have expected a Bidet and more importantly a Safe of which there was neither. We did however place our valuables in a Safe at Reception. That aside everything and everyone were first class

Room Tip: The Room was brilliant apart from my comments above
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed the suite, they're worth the little extra I'm sure you will agree.

Each suite should contain a safe, just under the tea-tray cupboard, so I'm sure you will be able to use this on your next stay.

Thanks again for the great review, we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back

vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised at my experience with Lancaster House Hotel when I stayed in early April because it is very reasonably priced. The lobby is very warm and welcoming and smells of woodsmoke because of the lovely fire burning in the huge fireplace. The breakfast is excellent--and the woman who oversees the breakfast room is delightfully warm and friendly. The restaurant is very good with a nice variety of vegetarian items. The staff in the dining room is excellent as well, and one young man on staff (who looked barely sixteen) stood out for his friendly and efficient service. In fact, he and the breakfast lady made my trip because they seemed as though they genuinely enjoy their jobs and taking care of customers. The room was very nice indeed--quaint, like a country inn. The bed was honestly the most comfortable I've ever slept in. My only complaint about the room was the bathtub, but was typical of English bathtubs, where you can only run about six inches of water--they don't really invite a long soak.
The front desk staff was a little uneven: the young woman who checked me in was a little snippy with the guests (not just me), but the day I checked out, another young woman was very helpful and friendly. I would stay again in a minute and would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Lancaster.
Something to keep in mind: there is no lift, BUT as I approached the stairs, a very friendly member of the staff (who may actually have been the manager), insisted on carrying my bag all the way up the stairs. Very nice indeed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the UK and our little corner of Lancashire, and can I thank you for your praise for the team. I will of course share all your comments with my colleagues here who always welcome the feedback they receive.

And it was good to meet you (briefly) too, as you did guess right! I did indeed carry your luggage for you to the room. I never miss an opportunity to help a guest if I can.

I hope you enjoyed your trip across in the UK, and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I regularly chose this hotel when I want to visit Lancaster on business, especially if I'm travelling late as it's quite close to the M6.

As with all hotels, I'm particular about a clean and quiet room, with a good shower and a good restaurant. It has all of these so I'm quite happy to recommend it. It also has a reasonable gym, but to be honest as I'm usually only there for one night, I don't tend to make use of it that often.

Room Tip: Not had a bad room yet as the hotel is away from the main road. There are suits available too.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review.

It's good to know that we're your preferred choice of hotel when visiting Lancaster and I do hope we can continue to maintain the standard.

I hope we will have the continued pleasure of welcoming you back.

Snape, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed on Saturday night as we were attending a wedding nearby. We had booked two rooms as my parents were staying to look after our 5 month old in the evening so my husband and I could go to the reception. We specified when booking (8 months previously) that we needed both rooms to be adjoining or very close to each other. When we arrived they were apart and neither had a cot (which we had also asked for). The staff at the desk were not very helpful, almost as if we were an inconvenience. Rooms were tired, not a 4 star by any means.

There was a big wedding at this hotel and we could hear the disco from our room later that night. If the hotel knew we had a baby could they not have allocated a quieter room? We also had to carry the pram up 4 flights of stairs as there was no lift.

The next day a housekeeping lady opened our door without knocking and woke our baby who was sleeping. Overall not a great stay!

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Lorna B
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I'm so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in a number of areas. I will of course address your genuine complaints with the team here.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in the future so you will leave, like the vast majority of our guests do, with a much more favourable impression of Lancaster House.

Once again, I'm sorry that we fell short of your expectations.

Coleraine, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This is one of those hotels where you expect more but may find yourself disappointed. The attention to detail is just not there!! Have stayed here twice recently and have found ourselves leaving disappointed. Cleanliness = average, Maintenance = Average, Room Charges for Breakfast = outrageous, with a tray charge of £7.75pp tray charge. So would we come back? Only because of the location but given all of the above, it's unlikely!!!

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your visit. I will of course look into the points you raised and address them with my team here.

It is my intention to try and please every guest we have here, so you have my word that I will look into the issues you raised regarding cleanliness and maintenance.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in the future.

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!