“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

A really nice hotel, everything was high quality and very nice. Room was lovely, huge bed which was very comfy, nice clean bathroom. Breakfast was great, huge selection, we did have to wait to be seated for a while though as it was a bank holiday and there were more guests than tables in the morning. Staff very nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for the review following your recent Bank Holiday stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that, overall you enjoyed your visit.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lancaster House Hotel celebrates English Eccentricity. From the in-room safes requiring a key, deposit and turning dials to close (reminding me of John Logie Baird's first television set) to the 'we'll sit you there, sir!' welcome to breakfast, our stay left curious memories. Don't arrive at breakfast at 7am on the large clock in the reception area - it's five minutes fast (I was informed): consequently you can't eat until 7.05! If you booked bed and breakfast, the starred (*) items on the menu are not included. Nonetheless, reception staff and their maps are most helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I take your constrctive comments on board and will of course look into any genuine improvement areas.

surrey, england
Reviewed 1 May 2014

What a find. A really lovely clean, well run hotel. I felt 'very at home' for my 4 day stay, returning my son to Lancaster University.
I will always stay here in future rather than the Holiday Inn, which is my usual choice.
Breakfast was good and the evening meal excellent. The tea, coffee facilities in the room good and the water coolers and ice in the corridors very welcome.
The pool and spa facilities were very useful after long days hiking in the lake district.!!
I loved Sam the Old English Sheepdog in the room and the Handwash etc.is of a very good quality.
Thank you to all the staff and I am already looking forward to my next stay at the end of June.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for the glowing review following your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted you have been able to find us, and will now be using us in the future when visiting your son at the nearby University. I'm glad you pointed out our "Sam the Dog" who sits all on the beds across English Lakes. He raises thousands of pounds every year for local children's charities so he's a bit of hero in our eyes! All proceeds of the sale of Sam go directly to charity.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very homely pleasant entrance with roaring fire. Reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had booked a suite and it was really beautiful and spotless very large and comfortable the bed was big and comfortable. Bath room was amazing. We had a meal in the restaurant and the food was outstanding and the service 2 nd to none lovely wine and high quality food with never ending yummy home made bread . The toilets were stylish and very clean. Breakfast was in abundance of choice and staff at the ready to help. Easter Sunday there was an Easter egg hunt for the children it was fun and lovely to see all the children faces light up on fining Easter eggs. There was mini eggs on offer at the breakfast bar which again was a lovely touch. On our 2nd night we ate in the bar,the food was well presented and very tasteful. I would recommend this hotel as the bus terminist is a short walk away and only takes 10 minutes to get into the city centre.

Room Tip: Chose the suite it's amazing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Many thanks indeed for the great review following your Easter break with us.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit to Lancaster. I will of course share your praise with the whole team here.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My partner and myself stayed in a suite room for 2 nights midweek. The room was excellent and there was even a biscuit treat for our dog on arrival. The bathrooms are large and the free standing bath was very nice. We ate in the Foodworks restaurant on both evenings and the food was wonderful. Spa facilites are good too. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite room if you can. Excellent size
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent midweek break with us.

I was glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope our four-legged friend enjoyed it too.

It was also nice to hear that you chose to dine with us both nights and enjoyed your experience. We love the Foodworks, and I'm proud to say that the vast majority of our guests do as well.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Next to Lancaster Uni so a handy base for drop off and pick ups, we have stayed here three or four times and it is a good all round hotel. This weekend a large party of Japanese tourists and a local wedding were in residence all looking happy. Although I am not a huge fan of dining in hotel restaurants, we do here as the food is simply great. The rooms are very good and the gym and pool so good as to prompt me to pack the trainers and trunks. Extremely friendly and helpful staff with three separate offers to help with our modest luggage as we walked from reception to our room. Oh and kippers on the breakfast menu. What more can you ask for? Will be back for the summer Uni pick up duty and would happily use it as a base to explore the Lakes and around.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChrisWM-2468
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Many thanks indeed for the great review following your most recent stay with us.

It's always nice to know that guests keep coming back time after time and despite the hotel being extremely busy, you still managed to feel relaxed and have a good time.

I will of course share your feedback with the whole team who always appreciate the feedback they receive.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just spent one night in this excellent hotel. All the staff we met were so friendly and helpful. Chose a suite (king bed, small sitting area and en suite bathroom). Very modern and clean, beautifully appointed well lit rooms with loads of sockets for all those chargers!. Bed amazingly comfortable - we left with the name of the mattress supplier (immediately available when we asked at reception). Dinner in the restuarant was very good and well priced. Breakfast excellent. Just one thing - worth checking if there is a wedding on the night you come so you can bag a quiet room (which we were given anyway so its possible the hotel thought ahead themselves). All in all a very impressive establishment and we will be returning.

Room Tip: our room was 202
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks indeed for your very kind words following your recent stay with us.

I'm glad you pointed out the beds which we are very proud of here. We've spent a lot of time and effort sourcing the right mattresses, pillows and linen to ensure our guests get a great night's sleep. I would heartily recommend trying to get one of the mattresses if you can. I did, and my niggly bad back is so much better for it.

Once again, thank you so much for your glowing review.

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#7 of 7 in Lancaster
The Midland
The Midland
#1 of 10 in Morecambe

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!