Lancaster House
Headway Hotel(Morecambe)
    • Beachfront
    Auckland Hotel(Morecambe)
    1,445 results
    All reviewshot tubopen fireoutdoor jacuzziuniversity campusluxury studioleisure facilitiesreception areasteam roomleisure clubbar foodfantastic hotelexcellent facilitieswedding partybuffet stylebiscuitsreception staffenjoyable stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights .had a meal in the restaurant on the saturday night.my partner got her starter and the lettuce was old and going rotten (id have thrown it out at home).I really am not a complainer but asked the young waiter to show the chef.i still dnt know if he did as we were rudely ignored after this .the next morning at breakfast we asked for tea .we had finished our brekky when it eventually came.
    Shame as the rest of our stay was really good .nice gym

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I'm sorry that we clearly failed to live up to our usual standards on this occasion. Rest assured, I have already discussed your comments with the relevant members of the team here, and they too wish to send their apologies.

As I'm sure you can see from the vast majority of the feedback we receive, this is not indicative of the quality of food and service we normally provide and I hope we will get the opportunity to prove this to you in the future so that we can restore your faith in Lancaster House. Indeed, if you are ever planning another trip to the region, please do contact me personally and I will assure you a much more enjoyable experience.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, and my apologies once again for the shortcomings.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here in May 2014 with a group of friends . The room was beautifully clean as was the lovely bathroom. The bed was super Kingsize and very comfortable. A small flat screen TV on the wall which could have been a bit higher up. The grounds are beautiful with a beautiful fountain with the pond full of massive KOI carp. The evening meal was one of the best hotel meals i have ever had Cod stuffed with crab and salmon. I would have rated this hotel 5 stars except for the bar prices £5.45 for a glass of wine! The breakfast was excellent a help yourself buffet of a full English. Overall this is a beautiful hotel and thoroughly recommended

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms are the same ,The hotel is set in it's own grounds so very quiet and peaceful
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the glowing review following your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your experience, especially the food.

You may be interested to know that we are installing some new TV's later this summer with state-of-the-art technology as part of our constant improvement programme. On a future visit, I am sure you will appreciate the difference.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here overnight en route to Scotland and were very impressed with the quality of the room and service. We had our dog with us and expect ed a lower grade room but were pleased that our pooch was treated with the same care and attention from the staff as we humans! She was even given her own bowl with biscuit s in the room. Nothing was too much trouble and we receive d an exceptionally friendly and welcoming service. The fish and chips for evening meal were the best I've tasted and breakfast equally tasty and well prepared with plenty of choice. Definitely Going back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank PennyT59

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

It was wonderful to learn that you all had a great time, and that the "pooch" was also made to feel very welcome.

And thanks for pointing out our great Fish & Chips too! Our fish is fresh every day, and the batter made only with with award-winning local beers. We're very proud of this "national institution" of a dish, and we think it should be celebrated with quality and flair! It takes a hungry person to finish the whole plate too we find! Did you manage it?

When you're next en-route to Scotland, please do pop in again. If not for the night, at least for some great fish & chips!

Thanks again for your glowing review.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Having stayed at several other hotels in the same group I was expecting quality and certainly wasn't disappointed. The personal attention was really noticeable and the staff went out of their way to make it a perfect stopover. From a brief conversation at check-in about breakfast at another of the group's hotels word got to the kitchen of a particular mushroom I liked and although my choice of breakfast wasn't on the menu it was ready for me in minutes. Likewise when I requested extra coffee sachets a fresh supply of coffee, milk and sugar arrived at my room almost before I got back up there myself!

The food was superb and possibly the best pork tenderloin I've ever tasted - and even better that the much heralded steak at the Wild Boar (another of the group's hotels).

Room Tip: Rooms at the front get a great sunset and in room 114 you can open the windows beyond the safety catch, giving great ventilation.
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the great review following your recent stay with us, and indeed our sister hotels in English Lakes. It was nice to meet you briefly (I ran-up with the extra coffee)

I hope the Chestnut Mushroom and Bacon sandwich went down a treat next morning. We have to thank you for letting us know about your particular preferences. The more our customers tell us, the more we can tailor make what we do for you.

And many thanks for the wonderful complement about the Pork Dish. I had a soft spot for that meal too.

I hope we can welcome you back again the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My daughter and her boyfriend got married at the Lancaster House hotel last weekend and we had a brilliant time. The staff at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful. The pool, indoor jacuzzi and outdoor jacuzzi were an added bonus as was the weather. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank Jane882013
    TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words following your daughter's wedding with us last weekend.

I am delighted we helped make the day really special. I was there too on the day and may I say how much of a pleasure it was to host you all. I do so enjoy looking after weddings and of course, it's always a bonus when the sun shines.

We wish your daughter and new son-in-law a lifetime of happiness and we hope to welcome you all back again very soon.