“Good place for overnight stop”

Holiday Inn Lancaster
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed one night at the B&B rate and found a spacious room at the back of the hotel alongside the Riverside Millennium footpath. The buffet breakfast was substantial including a pancake making station which we had not come-across before, everything was fresh and constantly replenished..
the hotel has direct access to the riverside path which leads to the aqueduct and then into the town.
Glad to see that free Wi-Fi is now included .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AK_HILancs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear GandC_UK

Thank you for your great review and I am so pleased you appreciated your room and breakfast. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The room was not clean properly . Bathroom still left used shower gel and shampoo from last guest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear JunoLin

I am very disappointed to read your comments as it would appear that our housekeeping did not meet our usual high standards during your stay. Please be assured I shall speak with the housekeeping manager and his team and review your feedback.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Always a bit of a shock when the Holiday Inn 'can do' customer service policy is not followed bt the staff, especially when all over £1.20. Brought 48 people to the hotel as part of a group [28 rooms]. Porterage is included and, although one guest did not have a bag, I still paid for the full number. I also assisted the hotel with the bag delivery. Breakfast restaurant tip also paid. Then when I ask for 6 sheets of photocopying to be done they wanted to charge me 20p a sheet. Said it was policy.

It is 'nitty gritty' incidents like this that enable guests to get a true impression of hotels and then can book accordingly. I am also a long time Platinum member and IHG Shareholder.

As this was a company booking and my name was not put properly into the system I could not write a review on the IHG website.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is noisy, bank facing rooms look out onto the River Lune.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank theairtraveller
AK_HILancs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear theairtraveller

Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry that you experience was not a totally positive one. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are disappointing. Whilst I understand that the issues you highlighted meant that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I would hope that you would give us another chance in the future to show how great our hotel can be.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good access, free parking. Reception staff helpful and welcoming. Joining the rewards scheme gives free Wi-Fi (though not fast). Spacious, nicely furnished (including settee and coffee table) clean double room with full facilities. Air conditioning brought temperature to preferred level rapidly. We were at the back at the far end from the reception - quiet, with pleasant view over grass towards the river. Able to use Gourmet card towards cost of dinner, which would have been good value anyway (except for expensive wine). Good range of breakfast, all items still hot and fresh even though we were after 9 am. Pool elderly but clean with working Jacuzzi. Pleasant riverside walk to and onto Lune aqueduct, which is well worth seeing. Only gripe was that the mattress was so firm that it gave backache (and we are used to a fairly firm one!).

Room Tip: On the back well away from reception is quiet and overlooks grass and riverside walk.
1  Thank ElaineRy

Dear ElaineRy

Thank you for posting such a detailed review; it's much appreciated. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I hope you will choose to visit again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is immediately off the M6 which is great for a stop off. There is plenty of free parking and reception was fast and convenient. The room was clean and well equipped with air con which helped a goods night sleep. Breakfast was very busy as this is a big hotel but food was good quality.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear J L

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel good value.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed one night with my husband on trip to Lakes. Convenient for the motorway. Furniture in room had seen better days,however the beds were comfortable. Toiletries in bathroom had already been opened and partially used, main toilet roll almost empty, no milk for tea or coffee and Holiday Inn guidebook had middle missing, when we gave this back to hotel receptionist when we checked out she said Oh! and when we added we had a few other problems she ignored us and wished us a happy day!
At the Buffet breakfast the coffee came from thermos flasks as did the water for tea and neither was fresh, only bread for toasting or croissants and the hot food could have been hotter. Not the usual standard we have come to expect from a Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at front of hotel rear rooms have view of rooftop and pipework!
1  Thank Coop3-52

Dear Coop3

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Clearly, we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with the relevant managers.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed @ The Hotel with my two children on Saturday the 19th of July for one night and I would like to stay that I was very impressed. The hotel check reception staff were really nice and they gave us a large family room with a fridge and two double beds.
We used the swimming pool, then went to Blackpool Zoo (which was also excellent). Following our return we ate in the restaurant in the evening and the kids ate free. Amazingly it was all products they love such as birds eye and fruit shoots.
I had three excellent courses for £18.00.
On Sunday we had breakfast,which was plentiful and fresh. The staff serving us were very helpful and friendly.
On Sunday we went to Old Holly Farm (again very enjoyable for a couple of hours).
I would recommend this hotel for a reasonably priced short break for families.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear elisecole

It sounds like you had a really good time here at Lancaster! I am so pleased you and your family were able to enjoy the hotel and our facilities. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for the recommendation. I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Francis Hindle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Lancaster House
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Toll House Inn
Toll House Inn
#3 of 6 in Lancaster

Been to Holiday Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!