1,335 results
All reviews two double beds health club swimming pool lake district leisure facilities evening meal buffet breakfast room was large plenty of parking road noise long journey the ground floor steam room brewers fayre stayed for one night good nights sleep night's sleep
Reviewed 20 June 2018

My wife & I stayed here in May 2018. It is a modern hotel with lots of free parking (see the desk manager about this). The room was clean & spacious. There was a large bar/eating area but we dined at the Beefeater across the road which was cheaper. The only problem was that the shower screen wasn't big enough & the water went all over the floor. We reported it as we left so I hope it has been remedied. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This hotel is in an excellent location especially if you want to visit the lake disctrict, the staff were very helpful, breakfasts very good with plenty of choice and the swimming pool and spa area are great if you want to relax after a long trip.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Stayed here last week because it was 3 minutes from the epicman triathlon.
We requested a baby cot over the phone earlier that day, it wasn’t in the room. We had to ask for the baby cot 3 times, then had to ask for sheets for it twice. My wife ended up carrying it to the room herself. The Phone in room didn’t work, so we had to go down to reception every time. Ordered room service, which was forgotten about too. Had to ask for that again.
Bed was broken, so my wife was sliding out of bed.
Also had to request toilet roll, as there was only a couple of sheets left.
Didn’t get an apology, just a ‘I don’t normally work at this hotel’.
Very disappointed with the stay and won’t be staying again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi royerykbailey!

Thanks for choosing us for the Epicman Triathlon in Lancaster! We also welcome your thoughts.

We want to be that hotel you tell your friends about because of your great experiences. That said, I'm sorry we didn't make the cut because of the delay in providing you some basic room amenities, broken bed, non-functioning phone. I also recognize the lapses in our hotel staff's services.

This is certainly not how we want you to remember us. I sent you a private message to talk about these more, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Looking at your ratings though, I'm happy that you find our rooms clean. We'll continue to remain faithful this area every time.

Again, thanks for your time. Come and visit us again, so we can create better memories together!

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Our stay here was perfect. The staff members we dealt with were extremely friendly. The bed and sheets were the most comfortable I've ever had at any hotel in this chain. The pool area is amazing. Location right by the motorway made it easy to find but there was no noise inside. I can't say enough how excellent it was! I wish we had a reason to go back to the area!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Idealy located colse to M6, Great staff and very comfortable. A very peacfull situation backing on to the river and a path /cycle route from Lancaster to the hills. I have stayed here once a month for over a year visiting my granddaughter, and the service has always been excetional.

Room Tip: I like a cool room so always loower the air conditioning and open the window.