“The morning after the night before”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Urban Spice

Urban Spice
Ranked #185 of 241 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Fast food, Eastern European
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“The morning after the night before”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Went out for our works Christmas party but left early as I am in training for a 10k run.

Once every fortnight I allow myself a takeaway and yesterday it was the turn off Urban Spice.

I ordered Samosas and Bhajis for starter and a madras with kheema naan for main. Total cost was just shy of 12 pounds.

The food arrived within 15 minutes which set alarm bells ringing. The bhajis were slightly dry so I chucked on some mango chutney. The samosas were frozen in the middle so I binned them. The Madras was horrifying and the naan was oily.

This morning I have been sat on the toilet for almost 3 hours. I wasn't sick so maybe something has reacted badly?

Next time I'll order from elsewhere or just not bother.

• Visited December 2013
12 Thank legrandefromagery

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Urban Spice. Urban Runs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Decided to order a curry in as my partner is away and I couldn't be bothered to cook. It took around 90 minutes to arrive and when it did the starter was like a child's portion. The main was tasty though so I was happy with this (chef's special) however 20 minutes after and I was on the toilet.

Thanks for the food poisoning! I won't be back!

• Visited November 2013
10 Thank Lancaster74
“No taste, just pain.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Horrific experience. Food arrived late and was spicy to the extreme. I rubbed my eye and it stung for three days. Which was four days less than the pain in my bowels.

• Visited October 2013
10 Thank swanlove666
“Burnt Kebab with bad old lettuce and horrible chips cooked in old oil”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Kebabs arrived burnt with lettuce that should have been thrown away. Looked awful. Chips were dark brown and tasted like stale oil. Complained and was told no other complaints..the owner ended up hanging up on me and said dont order again...I WONT USE AGAIN!!!

• Visited August 2013
13 Thank tellthetruth123
“No, just no. Never again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

What can I say? Cheap, but rubbish. Food took almost 2 hours to come and was cold. After reheating the dishes were spicier than a spicy spice mix. Within an hour after consuming me and my wife were tag teaming on our solitary toilet.

Don't ever order food from these.

• Visited July 2013