“Enjoyable”
Review of The Boot & Shoe

The Boot & Shoe
Ranked #65 of 243 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A traditional local offering excellent facilities including an extensive menu complemented by an excellent range of wines by the glass and an extensive selection of guest ales. There is also a separate sports room where you can have a game of pool, darts and watch live Sports. We also have a self-contained private function suite suitable for all occasions. Please note this pub has no disabled toilets. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited The Boot and Shoe twice in May and found it to be a pleasant experience on both occasions. Both visits were made late afternoon and so although it was not a busy time, there were several groups eating.
The interior is clean and comfortable and the food was a good, better than average pub food. I would have no hesitation in eating there again.
Service at the bar, and of food was fine.

BootnShoe, Manager at The Boot & Shoe, responded to this review, 3 August 2014

alasdair

morecambe , England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic AGAIN 2 visits in 1 week keep up the good work”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch on Thursday and what a good meal I had the chicken (Lancashire ) and may I say it was fantastic un like the review below I was more than happy came in a little white dish plenty of cheese and sauce very good my wife had the chicken salad and the chicken was freshly grilled and served in a large bowl was great !!!
1 down side though the place was packet and had to wait for a table. It was half 1 on a Thursday but as my good lady said must be doing something right and they are we had tea there again last night I went for the mixed grill WARNING its massive only for the people who like a man size portion :-)
To the manager and his team keep up the good work and see you for lunch on Tuesday ( we back in Lancaster then :-)

• Visited May 2014
“Rude staff and bad atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Went for Sunday dinner and was, once again, appalled over the attitude of one of the barmaids and the manager. We have been before and had a bad experience with the manager's rude and argumentative approach, however thought to give the place another try. We were shocked to hear the barmaid give one of the staff a telling off in front of us customers at the bar which created an uncomfortable and negative atmosphere. When the food arrived there were parts of the meal not made to the description on the menu and when we pointed this out the manager came out and argued that we were wrong. I can't see us going back for another try. It's such a shame as this, under previous management, was our favourite pub.

4 Thank Helena J
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Dreadful staff”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

After having had some issues with food quality in the past, we decided to give the place a second chance. MISTAKE! Firstly whilst at the bar ordering food, the barmaid / manageress began to discipline one of the staff, who began to argue the point! This was very embarrassing to witness.

Food arrived after almost 40 minutes and my Lancashire chicken which was meant to be 'smothered in melted cheese' according to the menu, was as far as I could see, without any cheese. I pointed this out to the surly waitress who said she would 'go and find out'.

The manager appeared at our table and said "I don't like it when people complain, next time you come in, ask for lots of cheese!! I said I just wanted what was stated on the menu,

I could not believe that the manager stood there arguing with me! Towards the end of the meal, which was OK, the waitress arrived saying I could have a free drink or a pudding, both of which were declined, we just wanted to leave.

We will not be back

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“UNBELIEVABLY RUDE BARMAID!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Dads birthday and 6 of the family decided to come for lunch. Two of us had come from out of town. Meals were ordered and everybodys meals came except for 2. We enquired as to the whereabouts of the missing meals and barmaid apologised and offered us 2 free desserts. No problem so far! When hubby finally got his meal the vegetables were missing. No problem!! Again! At the end I ordered the free desserts which we had been offered . The barmaid was very surly and rude and when desserts came out hubby decided he was too full so rather than waste his he tried to give it to my sister. This barmaid made sarcastic comments then walked away.and accused everyone of taking the mickey! I was at the bar and she loudly proclaimed to me something on the lines of "Thats taking the mickey! It wasnt even her dinner that was the problem!" Its nobodys business but ours if any one of us gives their dessert away!!!! REALLY SHOCKED THAT A BARMAID COULD EVEN DARE TO SPEAK TO CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS! None of us will never set foot there again.

2 Thank danutadanuta