“A true small gem you need to try”
Review of The Yard - CLOSED

The Yard
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We saw this small cafe and sandwich shop while waiting for a taxi. When we checked out of our hotel we did not have much time before our train so we decided to give it a try...and so glad we did. The place is small, only three small tables and a counter behind which the owner did his magic. An eclectic variety of sandwiches were written on the chalkboard...all sounding delicious. I went with a chicken, bacon, lettuce and tomato and my daughter chose a hummus with rocket..both on a scrumptious ciabatta roll. Both sandwiches were truly savory. We also got a chai latte which was not only delicious but prepared with a careful flower design in the steamed milk...the sign of someone who cares about the quality of their food down to the presentation. They also had a program where you could prepay a coffee for someone less fortunate..something we did, so kudos to the owner for all the details in his food and drink right on to his social conscience.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This place is lovely and small; bright and airy with great service. A great cup of coffee awaits. I like to visit once a week; I just wish it was bigger. Then perhaps if the boss got WIFI in I'd visit a lot more. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Finally decided to treat ourselves to breakfast in The Yard this morning and wondering why we hadn't visited earlier. Only a small place, but quirky whilst retaining that homely feel. We had bacon buns and cappucino - the bacon was delicious and the buns so fresh and the coffee - well, let's just say that we now put The Yard on a parr with Spring Expresso in York - checkout the reviews on Trip Advisor for that and you will see what we mean. What we particularly liked was you can buy a 'suspended coffee' for £1.50 - leave your money with the person behind the till and you have basically bought a hot drink for someone less fortunate than yourself. Fantastic idea. We always start our Saturday shopping off with breakfast and from now on The Yard will be our choice. I Wish them the best of luck because they deserve to do so well.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had wanted to visit the yard for a while since seeing its attractive exterior, so glad i finally made the trip a few weeks ago because now there is no where in lancaster i would rather go grab a coffee and a bite to eat. it has become a tradition for me and my friend to go there for saturday lunch and we literally couldn't fault the place. great coffee, great food, great service, great atmosphere. can't go wrong. highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Having driven past The Yard a couple of times and loving the look of it, I finally paid it a visit and wish I done it much sooner. The latte was amazing, by far the best coffee I have tasted and can no longer face the blandness of Starbucks! The guy recommended the halloumi and sweet potato sandwich and whilst I was a bit dubious, it was a-maz-ing and the great music is a bonus. My new favourite spot!