“Nothing Special”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lancaster
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stopover here to break a journey from Scotland to south Wales. At check-in we were required a few basic details (car reg. etc.) including our nationality. We asked for an reason for this (we object to providing unnecessary personal information to third parties) and were simply told it was company policy. We travel a lot in the UK and have never been asked for this anywhere else. The receptionist was uninterested in our objection, didn't promise to pass on our objections to the management and was generally dismissive - take it or leave it attitude. Room was OK, but with no air-con to cool on what was a very warm day.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the car park. The other side overlooks a busy main road into Lancaster.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It seemed fine at first. The room was clean, the linen was fine etc.
The guy who greeted me was great. The person who helped me out with the vending machine when it wasn't accepting my notes, was great.

But after 1 night there I wanted to go home. I only stayed because I had booked 5 nights and didn't want to lose my money. But by night 3, I was in the car at 10pm at night driving home because I was too ill from the lack of sleep, heat and leg injury. The staff didn't care for my explanation as to why I was ill.

The noise in this hotel was really bad. It said it was isolated but all you could hear was people coming/going from the hotel all night which kept me awake.

The cleaning staff kept standing outside my room talking in the morning, despite the do not disturb sign being stuck on my door.

Then there was the shower problems. You couldn't remove the head which was annoying and the tap was stiff. There was no anti-slip mat outside the shower, and the anti-slip thing in the bath didn't do anything. This meant that I was slipping everywhere when getting in or out.
Even with a towel on the floor, I was slipping because the floor had no grip when wet.

I hurt my leg getting out of the shower.

The heat was awful. I know they can't help the weather but surely they understand the rooms need something better than a small fan sat on the desk in this heat. The window being open didn't help much as it didn't open very far. The fan didn't really do anything as it was too small.
The room was too hot, it felt hotter in the room than it did outside. Except the bathroom, for some reason that was nice and cool.

The parking was also annoying. I am disabled, and have a disabled sticker. I parked in the disabled parking where I could as I need the extra space to get in/out of the car. The one day I had to park in a normal bay as there were service vans parked in the disabled parking, and I couldn't get out of my car. This was around 6pm, and I ended up having to leave early and coming back a few hours later when they had left.

Then when I came back, there was 1 disabled spot. Its next to a bay marked keep clear. When I woke up the next day I found that someone had parked right next to my car, so they were half in the keep clear bay and half in the crossed out areas of the disabled parking. They had obviously had no choice but to do that, because there wasn't enough parking for all the cars.

Some days there were also people parked in the disabled parking despite not having a disabled badge. I understand that the staff can't really help it if someone chooses to nick a disabled parking space but there seemed to be no monitoring of this parking. Maybe if the staff had stuck notices on cars without disabled badges, they might of stopped doing it after the first occasion but there was on particular car which was a repeat offender and no blue badge in sight.

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the car park if you can, as that helps a bit with the traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
hank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were lost and disoriented and stopped at the Premier Inn in Lancaster to ask for help. A nice girl at the front desk named Naomi went out of her way to help us find our way. She printed out a map and directions and even offered to make some phone calls. Although we didn't actually stay at this hotel, I can comment on the fine, courteous employee that helped some weary travelers find their way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting local National Trust properties. Usual facilities that you get at all Premier Inns. Very quiet considering it is on a business park. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Whitstable
Reviewed 31 May 2014

location is easy to find , car park is reasonable , hotel very clean, the room we stayed in was noisy(upstairs banging away and outside main road and the room was hot , we could not get the temp down and had to use a extractor fan to cool it down , which was noisy. apart from these , the room was nice.
the restaurant was not my cup of tea , welcome was poor and waiting 2 hrs for food is not acceptable , but down the rd in Lancaster plenty of restaurants
however the breakfast there was lovely , eat as much as you like and good selection .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Up to the usual standard of a Premier Inn. Situated on a quiet business park. The breakfast in the Brewer's Fayre restaurant next door was fine and the evening meal there was OK although personally I feel over priced for what it was (note to self try and eat before 6.30pm for better prices).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A very good hotel with friendly staff and comfortable, clean rooms. Just what you need after working and traveling all day. There is plenty of parking with cctv, so your vehicle is safe. The resturant has warm friendly staff in a plesent atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business