Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Kings Arms(Lancaster)
Toll House Inn(Lancaster)
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Bolton le Sands)
View Hotel
Les Rocquettes(St Peter Port)
  • Bar/Lounge
Headway Hotel(Morecambe)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbrewers fayre next doorbusiness parkmeal dealadjoining restaurantbrewers fareplay areagood nights sleepisle of manfamily roomsingle bedfriendly welcomecar parkmain roadbudget hotelnight's sleeplake districtplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Quiet room, even though we overlooked the main road into Lancaster. Close to M6 so we were headed north after a good night's sleep. Premier Inns can be trusted. Enjoyed the food in the restaurant and the beer.

Room Tip: We liked the room overlooking the main road as it was amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Despite having checked in online there was still a friendly receptionist waiting to welcome me. On duty 24 hours. Booking, confirmation and registration was very efficient The hotel has no restaurant and meals are available from the adjacent pub chain Brewers Fayre (Cottams Field) I reviewed this previously on TripAdvisor and was not impressed with the lunch or dinner menu which is typical for chains of this type. I was therefore a little dubious about the prospect of having breakfast.This proved to be excellent value with a quality selection of items cooked to order, freshly brewed coffee and a continental option For an overnight stopover this Premier Inn is excellent value for moneyPremier Inn north of the city of Lancaster is close to junction 34 M6 which at present is undergoing a period of remodelling work to provide a link to the new bypass to Morecambe. No local shops or restaurants within reasonable walking distance and a car is definitely a required at this location. Ample free car parking available. The hotel can be seen on Google Earth street view. The proximity of the motorway was not a problem with noise not being an issue. The architects of this 3 storey building would never win awards for the design of the exterior which resembles a 1960's office block. Inside the rooms do everything that Premier Inn promise; plenty of space, comfortable furnishings, powerful shower, excellent freeview tv/radio and mainly clean (apart from a very dusty fan!) Despite having checked in online there was still a friendly receptionist waiting to welcome me. On duty 24 hours. Booking, confirmation and registration was very efficient

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a stop off on the way to Scotland. I booked the room about 2 months in advance online and paid £19 for it. The price increased somewhat by buying two breakfasts, but the price was very good overall.
We encountered no internal noise (often a problem at budget hotels) and the glazing was great, so no external noise, either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stopover here to break a journey from Scotland to south Wales. At check-in we were required a few basic details (car reg. etc.) including our nationality. We asked for an reason for this (we object to providing unnecessary personal information to third parties) and were simply told it was company policy. We travel a lot in the UK and have never been asked for this anywhere else. The receptionist was uninterested in our objection, didn't promise to pass on our objections to the management and was generally dismissive - take it or leave it attitude. Room was OK, but with no air-con to cool on what was a very warm day.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the car park. The other side overlooks a busy main road into Lancaster.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It seemed fine at first. The room was clean, the linen was fine etc.
The guy who greeted me was great. The person who helped me out with the vending machine when it wasn't accepting my notes, was great.

But after 1 night there I wanted to go home. I only stayed because I had booked 5 nights and didn't want to lose my money. But by night 3, I was in the car at 10pm at night driving home because I was too ill from the lack of sleep, heat and leg injury. The staff didn't care for my explanation as to why I was ill.

The noise in this hotel was really bad. It said it was isolated but all you could hear was people coming/going from the hotel all night which kept me awake.

The cleaning staff kept standing outside my room talking in the morning, despite the do not disturb sign being stuck on my door.

Then there was the shower problems. You couldn't remove the head which was annoying and the tap was stiff. There was no anti-slip mat outside the shower, and the anti-slip thing in the bath didn't do anything. This meant that I was slipping everywhere when getting in or out.
Even with a towel on the floor, I was slipping because the floor had no grip when wet.

I hurt my leg getting out of the shower.

The heat was awful. I know they can't help the weather but surely they understand the rooms need something better than a small fan sat on the desk in this heat. The window being open didn't help much as it didn't open very far. The fan didn't really do anything as it was too small.
The room was too hot, it felt hotter in the room than it did outside. Except the bathroom, for some reason that was nice and cool.

The parking was also annoying. I am disabled, and have a disabled sticker. I parked in the disabled parking where I could as I need the extra space to get in/out of the car. The one day I had to park in a normal bay as there were service vans parked in the disabled parking, and I couldn't get out of my car. This was around 6pm, and I ended up having to leave early and coming back a few hours later when they had left.

Then when I came back, there was 1 disabled spot. Its next to a bay marked keep clear. When I woke up the next day I found that someone had parked right next to my car, so they were half in the keep clear bay and half in the crossed out areas of the disabled parking. They had obviously had no choice but to do that, because there wasn't enough parking for all the cars.

Some days there were also people parked in the disabled parking despite not having a disabled badge. I understand that the staff can't really help it if someone chooses to nick a disabled parking space but there seemed to be no monitoring of this parking. Maybe if the staff had stuck notices on cars without disabled badges, they might of stopped doing it after the first occasion but there was on particular car which was a repeat offender and no blue badge in sight.

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the car park if you can, as that helps a bit with the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

hank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.