“Restaurant manager in wrong job”

Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I would have given this review a 5 no problem if it had not been for the disgraceful attitude of the restaurant manager treating me and my family like something off the bottom of my shoe.The problem is irrelevant it was how it was dealt with by this person and in my opinion should not be allowed anywhere near the general public. My family and I arrived at this hotel on sunday 20th july on our way to fleetwood for a weeks holiday , when we got to reception we were checked in swiftly by the receptionist who was very polite I had two rooms booked both very clean and spacious.We the went into the restaurant for dinner,were we met carl the bar manager,who made us feel very welcome it was 3 of our children's birthday and balloons were put on our table and the kids were over the moon as they were made to feel very special by carl and his staff a very enjoyable experience just a pity about that breakfast experience.

2  Thank Kevin L

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My daughter and I arrived on Fri 11th July for a 2 night stay.

I've used Premier Inn's before so you know what to expect, nothing flash but clean tidy rooms, spared the extra's but suitable for somewhere to crash.

The hotel is easily located just off the motorway, car parking spaces are a bit sparse but then as we found out the Brewer's Fayre that is attached tothe Hotel is popular at certain times of the day from the general public,not just guests.

Checking in was quick and painless, and we were directed to our room.
Room was surprisingly big, my daughter commenting on how much space there was. We had booked a twin room and were greeted with a double and a single bed.
Room was clean as you would expect, the bathroom being clean too.
There was also a fan in the room.

As we arrived just after 7pm on the Friday we decided to eat at the Brewers Fayre.
It was fairly busy but we were seated quite quickly.
If you don't want to be in the stuffy, less aired area then don't sit down by the childrens play area. The temperature was quite muggy and felt a bit uncomfortable.
The menu, which I didn't expect to be vast, was a little disappointing, with a limited range of dishes.
They do offer a buffet menu which is different every evening. This starts from 5pm until 8pm as I found out when I went to order our food at 8.04pm. The buffet serving area had plenty of food left which they could have easily still sold, any issues easily dealt with if they made it clear that all that was left on the trays was the only food being served. But no, 8.04pm is too late.

Anyway,
the food came, it was ate, it was average.

Back to the room
The beds were comfortable.
The room was quite warm, even with the fan on and the windows open
The tv is located on a bracket high up so isn't best positioned to watch.
But as we were both tired we soon drifted off.

Breakfast the following morning is served in the Brewers Fayre, and to be honest if I hadn't already paid for it I wouldn't pay to eat it.
It was very poor, there was a reasonable selection but all the hot food was either overcooked or had already gone cold.
The staff did offer to get us some freshly cooked food but time was against us

After our day out we returned and decided to give the restuarant another chance as to be hoenst there didn't seem to be much around/in Lancaster other than a Pizza Hut.

The restuarant was very busy but fair play to the girl seating people she put us on a table that already was reserved.
My daughter had a steak. As steaks go it was ok, but why is it that no matter where you order steak, they either don't cook it to how you want it so why bother asking, and/or they always forget to bring any of the extras that come with it. In this case the onion rings.
The buffet was 'chicken' - al types so I had this.

Steak was ok, but could have been better

Chicken Buffet - ok, a good selection but most of the meat was dry and some of it tasted so bland. but it was edible.

When we returned to our room we found it to be very warm, not what we expected as outdoors was cool and even the corridor to our room was cool.
The fan was on full sweeping back and forth but it felt a bit stifling. I tried to sort out the aircon unti but nothing worked on it.
When I went to reception I was told that the hotel was an old building and had no aircon :(
This didn't go down very well as we couldn't even open our windows fully. The man on reception did offer an apology but that's all he could offer.
I'll be honest I struggled to get a good night's sleep which didn't help the next day as we had a full day's activities organised.

The only respite coming from the ice cream vending machine located in reception.

Would I stay here again, maybe but not anytime soon
Would I recommend it, again maybe but I wouldn't be too over complementary about the hotel.

4  Thank stevetoye
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Dirty bed linen, one pillow had nasal mucos (snot) on it. The length of time tocomplete survey which now forced us to complete a review of over 200 characters, ridiculous! The staff at the premier inndealt with our complaint immediately.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Typical Premier Inn, clean room, loads of hot water, super bed. Brewers Fayre next door for dinner and breakfast, good food and good service. Good stop off for the Lake District or on your way to Scotland.

Room Tip: Great place for a visit to Blackpool and it's attractions.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The premier inn is fine, its clean but it got noisy as it was beside a bar that had outside drinking that went on till late, it didnt bother my wife but it kept me awake and so did the police sirens, but it was only for night so it was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed here before several times and it always gives us a good night's sleep.
Before we stayed in a roadside room which was noisy. This time we asked for a room overlooking the carpark-away from the road. We were told that since our last stay the rooms next to the road have been triple-glazed and therefore would not be noisy. So we stayed in that room instead of changing. True but you have to keep your windows closed which tends to defeat the object. Consequently we couldn't really sleep properly.
Apart from this chain's ridiculous wifi policy we cant complain-and didn't.

Room Tip: Away from the road if it's hot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great stay. it was my first time at a premier inn expected it to be awful, the last budget hotel was. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was spotless and well designed. The only problem was the choice of coffee in the room but everyone has a favourite don't they?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#6 of 6 in Lancaster
Thurnham Hall
Thurnham Hall
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel? Share your experiences!