“Great value!”

The Lodge Lancaster
Nottingham England
“Great value!”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Clean comfortable and quiet despite its proximity to a busy road. Very good value for money compared to other places I have stayed in. Ideal stopping off place with great walks on the nearby canal and beaches.
Staff very helpful. Food was not quite as good as I would have hoped hence 4 stars rather than five.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building as this will be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lancaster
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Lovely food and service was okay.Nice to see its been done up-although layout isn't as cosy as before-felt quite uncomfortable. But apart from that i would return if passing

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MrsPearson79
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Went up to lancaster for family reunion for my dad, room was lovely and bathroom spotless! Breakfast was fantastic could of had more juice out and milk so we didnt have to keep bothering the staff for them!! Only problem i had was the staff in the bar area.They were not rude but unfriendly and they didnt match the atmostphere of the hotel which was! Also milk on the floor which they just shouted to us ' watch it floors wet ' Also eating and drinking around the guest just felt unprofessional. As i work in a four star hotel it was hard to see why they would let that one area let the rest of the hotel down!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NotrusTime
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We chose Slyne Lodge for our family get-together for the second consecutive year and also stayed overnight. The food and staff attitude were first class, nothing being too much trouble for the restaurant and kitchen team.

The room in which we stayed was well appointed, clean and convenient. Excellent breakfast in the morning. For the very reasonable level of cost, I do not think there were any complaints or areas of criticism; we were a party of 35 or so and there was not a single dissenting voice. Will definitely come again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gffryt
Wetherby
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Enjoyed a bank holiday lunch here. Service was friendly and efficient, with a choice of seats in bar, restaurant or garden.
The best value meal here is the carvery- available most lunchtimes at almost £7. Burger or beer battered haddock that we chose, although good, are slightly expensive at almost £10.
There is the option of "light bite" meals- smaller portions, but I cannot comment on how substantial these are relative to the full meals.
A selection of well kept real ales, mainly Jennings also available

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stephcart
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I came to eat at Slyne Lodge with my Father, younger Brother and my Friend that had travelled from London. On arrival the staff, a waiter in particular, was incredibly rude and abrupt to ourselves, and wasn't particularly helpful. On ordering the food, he chose to argue with us to order off a different menu and obviously didn't understand the concept of "The customer is always right". There was a large wait, of 40 minutes, before we received our food and with a 3 year old, this is quite substantial. After eating, I had to wait 30 minutes before my table had even been cleared. At this point my Father had left with my brother and I remained with my friend to pay. I had asked twice for the bill and had simply been ignored. After waiting 15 minutes after two parties had left the table, I still had not received the bill! What a joke! I actually watched the waiter laughing to a group of men like "one of the lads" and the waitresses were stood around chatting, ignoring my table. Once the waiter came and cleared up, I complained to him about the service etc, he just looked at me and said I'll get you the bill. Wanting to leave, I paid the extortionate £50 bill, this was large considering only 3 people ate and we didn't have starters. I go no apology from the staff and left and all they turned at said was "ta". From then I have contacted Slyne Lodge with regards to my complaint and I have had no reply. Terrible. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SmallbutMighty0893

Travellers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2010

First time i have used this hotel being a contractor i use a lot of hotels all over the world and at first i was impresed by the hotel and staff ,the day before i was due to leave i had things stolen from my room i informed the hotel manager to which he callled the police for a FULL INVESTIGATION after the investigation by the police i was informed that slyne lodge was not covered by insurance. which i find very strange as you would assume that a hotel would have full insurance cover such incidents,the reasonable thing was that the owner offered to replace what had been stolen up untill my company paid the settlement bill at which the hotel declined to help any further as there insurance did not cover

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Lancaster House
#1 of 10 in Morecambe
Toll House Inn
Toll House Inn
#3 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to The Lodge Lancaster? Share your experiences!