“A perfect meal in the Meeting House”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Meeting House

The Meeting House
Ranked #26 of 240 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$21 - US$41
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancaster
“A perfect meal in the Meeting House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I ate here for the first time on Saturday night after recommendations from friends. It is rather unobtrusive and you could easily pass it without even acknowledging its existence, a hidden gem. It is small, intimate and has a continental feel. The staff is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. After ordering we did have to wait a little while for our starter but then you expect to wait when food is being freshly prepared. The meal was delicious and well presented. We both agreed it was probably the best meal out we had enjoyed in quite some time and we will certainly be returning the near future.

• Visited June 2014

Heysham
“Damned good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This restuarant has changed hands since I last visited about 2 years ago. It was lovely then, but it's better now. I was with a party of 8 females, so it was just how we wanted it, relaxed and fun. Everyone enjoyed their meal, which I thought was cooked just the way I like it. They have a good staff team, a great chef and the waitresses were professional & very pleasant, whatever we asked for we got. We arrived at 6.30 and left about 10.30 so you are not hurried out for someone to have the table booked straight after you, which made it feel welcoming and friendly. A very enjoyable time.

• Visited June 2014
“Fantastic Food and Good Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I booked The Meeting House for a romantic meal for two. When I arrived I found out there was an offer - 3 courses and half a bottle of wine each for £25 pp which I think offers good value.
The food was fantastic, I had the garlic and goats cheese mushrooms followed by the lamb shank. The lamb in particular blew me away and was absolutely lovely.
The service was decent. I'd recommend it.

Visited June 2014
“Truly excellent!- Not to be missed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This restaurant is a lovely restaurant near Lancaster castle and does excellent, tasty food of super quality. A good range of dishes on the menu too. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal there-all three courses were delicious and at reasonable prices. We would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Tasty cosy homecooked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Great food see my pics, fab service from when we walked in.Had to wait a while unbeaten courses however we enjoyed this as didn't want to rush, it was busy on a friday night so great cosy atmosphere!The stuffed mushrooms were delicious, the lamb shank tender and yum, they were kind to do dauphinoise with my lamb.Veg portion could be a but bigger but we never said anything as we were still happy, the sticky toffeee wow and the cheeseboard lovely again maybe a but more variety on the cheeses would be good but very tasty anyhow.This restaurant definitely has upped its game from years ago and could be my new fave restaurant in lancaster!However I do think prices need to come down a little bit, I do understand its homecooked food and lovely restaurant but I'm scared that like most restaurants trying,to survive at the minute with it being a slight walk of town I would be wary it will survive.