The Shakespeare Bed and Breakfast
  • Restaurant
Headway Hotel(Morecambe)
Priceline
    • Beachfront
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stayed here only for a night when I visited the university. This as my first experience of staying in a Bed and Breakfast. I genuinely enjoyed it.

The bedroom was comfortable, the bathroom well appointed. But for me tea is what makes or breaks a hotel. They had a generous room supply for tea. But when I said to the hostess that I would make some tea later, she said I should come down and she will make me a pot of tea. Now that is how you keep me happy.

The breakfast was quite hearty the next day and I will surely return if I get a chance to go to those parts again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
    1  Thank Mridulablog
    Reviewed 12 September 2011

A Rose by any other name......B&B, Guest House, Hotel...whatever you choose to call it, this is a gem of a place to stay. Sally and Fred are perfect hosts, and I have learnt more about the Williamson/Lancaster Linoleum Industry, than I ever realised I would. Stay here, and youk won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2011
    Reviewed 8 August 2011

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for somewhere cheap , comfortable and with great breakfasts and very welcoming proprieters who work hard to ensure your stay in Lancaster is an enjoyable one. A central but quiet location.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 6 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here a while ago but I've only just got around to posting a review. The landlord and landlady are wonderful people and couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. The breakfasts are wonderful! The rooms are a little small but are clean and well kept. It's on a busy road but there is either double or triple glazing and so we slept soundly. Really good value for money!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Trulydance
    Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed at the Shakespeare on the recommendation of a friend whilst visiting Lancaster in June 2011.

We stayed for three days

The hosts Fred and Sally made us very welcome

Fred makes the best scrambled eggs in the UK - they are good!

The breakfasts were exceptional

The Shakespeare is very comfortable and represents excellent value.

Fred and Sally are super hosts

Mike & Jo (NZ)