“wedding”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Dudley
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“wedding”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

recently had my silver wedding at the hotel, the food was excellent, all the veg was fresh and plentifull,
The staff were hard working helpfull and pleasant nothing was a problem for them, even down to them serving the food an hour early. well done to all..
everyone at our party said how fab the food was, I would highly recommend the quality hotel for any function. A very happy customer.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Many thanks taking the time in posting a review of your Silver Wedding celebration that was held at our hotel.

Great to hear that everything went well and the food was excellent and plentiful. Our function staff always strive and aim to please any of our guests requests even if they are last minute.

Whenever a guests request can be achieved they do it without any fuss, we want our guests to have a good time and come back soon, hope that you will too.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
totton
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Pleasant enough for a budget hotel.Our room was nice and clean and everything in it worked including the modern tv.
The only downside was the mixup in the bar regarding dual menus. The staff seemed a bit undertrained in the use of the new touchscreen till and interpreting the menus,however this can be overcome.
The bar area was bleak and disjointed ,we went to the reception area to watch Strictly as this was a much more congenial position.to enjoy a drink.
With a bit more enterprise this could be a nice stay.

Room Tip: Phone for visit
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I was staying here on business so i could get to work early morning for training. The first night i was so tired i got into bed and didnt even clock the blood stained sheets. They had clearly been washed but the stain was clearly blood it sickened me. The next night i just got into the other bed but while i was lying there i noticed a dryed blood stain on the floor. I started to wonder what the hell had previously gone on in this room (111) i had room service whitch took a while but a lovely member of staff greeted me. The man on the front desk was also very proffesional and polite. However when i needed to book out at 5:55am to get to work for 6 there was no 1 on the desk i called a man over who dealt with me but then said i owed 115 even though my company had booked and paid i was just trying to pay for my room service which wasnt even on the system so i just left 15 and got off to work. Need to gut the whole place and start again considering you own the much nicer village hotels over the road. Seems like yoi need to go bk to basics!!!!

• Stayed November 2011

Travellers are raving about these Dudley hotels

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have just spent six days at The Quality hotel in Dudley over a two week period whilst contracting in the area, first thoughts on arrival were good. Day three i had my van broken in to, whilst parked in the main car park under the CCTV camera.
I approched the reception and asked if they could check the CCTV to identify the thieves , I was informed that no one knew how to use the cameras other than the manager, who was off until monday. This was incredibly disapointing as my van had been broken into on the Wednesday. I am appalled that my issue was clearly no a matter of urgency for them.
I asked if this was a regular occurance and the receptionist assured he had never heard of it, I thought it was just unlucky for me as the car park was full of vans, however the following week my other vehical was broken in to, again under a camera, I again approached the manager, this time, if she could check the CCTV and she informed me the server was down but would call me that day.. that was a week ago and I still have not recieved a call! I then found out that it is a regular occurance of break ins this car park.
I would highly recommend the avoidance of this hotel like the plague!!
I had five rooms booked for the following week but had to cancel as I can not afford to have any more break ins, the result of two has already cost me £1600.

If you want a great hotel, try The Best Western in Himley. For better value, safety and generally a better place to stay.

Rob Whyte.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2011

we have used the hotel about 2yrs ago and found no evident changes. we did use the attached pub for a few hours and had to wait for a staff member for long periods and it did not open when it was set to. this was a problem but did not affect the whole experience too much. what i can say is that the biggest asset this hotel has is its staff who could not do enough and sorted out some last minute requests without hesitation. the food was of a very high standard with only good comments from all at the meal. one young lady on reception stood out from the crowd for me (i wish i had got her name) she was proffesional, efficient and engaged in conversation as well as instigating conversations. all the team were great. thank you to all staff and maybe see you all again soon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is our 2nd visit to this hotel,and some of the standards have slipped since our first visit, however, we found all the staff approchable and they could not do enough to help. For our mums 80th birthday the staff could not have been more helpful in trying to make our event a success. Thankyou to all the staff, as we all enjoyed our stay and the event was a complete success and enjoyed by us all.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Leicester
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Where do I start? I was due to stay for 2 nights whilst on a business trip, however I checked out after 1 night. I even phoned other hotels nearby on my first night to see if I could get a room as I didn’t even want to stay there that night. I asked to move rooms but after seeing the other 2 rooms they offered me, I realised they were all the same.

The walls were covered in damp and the wallpaper was peeling off. Everywhere was absolutely covered in dust and all of the furniture was wobbly and at an angle where it was so old. I drew the curtains and got covered in a cloud of dust when one of them proceeded to fall down. As I climbed up to reattach it, I could see why it had fallen down … they had attempted to hang it up with sellotape! There were lipstick marks on the cups/glasses provided and the kettle did not work. There was mould and stains all-over the bathroom, and the mirrors were covered in fingerprints. There were leaks in the shower and around the taps on the bath so that when I had I shower; the bathroom floor flooded so much they had to bring me 10 extra towels without even an apology or explanation (they knocked on my door and when I opened it, the towels were left outside without anyone to be seen nearby).
I ordered a "gourmet cheeseburger" from room service which turned out to be a micro-waved burger in a McDonald’s bun with a bright orange cheese-slice slapped on top. When I picked it up, grease literally dripped out onto the plate and covered the uncooked and rock-hard "homemade chunky chips" ... I proceeded to get a refund and walked over to Tesco’s to buy some dinner.
The very kindly left a comment card for me to fill in when I checked out, which I proceeded to do stating all of the above. I also emailed the manager of the hotel using the email address on the card - I have not heard anything since and that was a month ago.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynsey H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Premier Inn Dudley Town Centre Hotel
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Station Hotel
Station Hotel
#5 of 6 in Dudley
Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2

Been to The Quality Hotel Dudley? Share your experiences!