“Oasis” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Dudley
Frimley Green, United Kingdom
“Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed here for the first time at the weekend. Freindly, clean and good food, what more could you ask for. We had a three bedded family room no 218, and it was perfect. Great shower, comfortable bed. ( quilt was a bit lumpy) We used the resteraunt on the first night and the food was excellent, my wife had the sea bass and I had a steak, and both were cooked to perfection. I would have no hessitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter H
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Many thanks for posting your review of your stay with us over the weekend and great to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

Our Family Rooms are spacious & the beds are adaptable zip link beds, we can either offer 3no single beds or a king size double and a single bed in the room.

Hopefully when you dined in our restaurant you took advantage of the 'Buy 1 get 1 for a £1' deals that include all our starters, mains and dessert courses; it makes dining in our Conservatory restaurant really affordable.

Hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

we arrive early and we asked if reception would look after our luggage which they did with no quibbles,the room was clean and very pleasent.the staff are friendly but efficiant,the breakfast was way above expectations.when we travel that way again this hotel is for us

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank roger j
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Many thanks for posting your review of your stay with us recently and great to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Our Front of House team will always, whenever possible, accommodate all our guests specific requests such as safe luggage storage, early check in, and changing bedrooms if unsuitable.

Good that you had the opportunity to visit the local attractions of Dudley Zoo and The Black Country Living Museum, both are a great day out, the Zoo is only 800mtrs from our hotel the Museum approximately 1mile from our hotel.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed again for 3 nights from the 11th May.
Found the staff most friendly and efficient.
Excellent meals in the conservatory where the second person's meal
cost just £1.
Will certainly stay again on our next visit to the Midlands.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hird1
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at our hotel and great to hear that your recent stay was an enjoyable one and even better that you were visiting us again from an earlier trip into the area from last year.

You obviously took advantage of the great and varied offers that are available in our Conservatory Restaurant daily and our Head Chef and his team work extremely ahrd to provide fabulous food that does not 'Break the Bank' for families, couples and single travellers alike.

We look forward to seeing you again soon when on your next visit to the Midlands.

Regards
Oldbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Having read a recent review in the local free newspaper stating how this was a resturant with relaxed and informal setting, me and my family decided to give it a go.
As we walked in at the front of the resturant was walked past a black board saying buy 1 main course and get 1 for £1, so we thought even better. On arrviving in the resturant we were greeted by a young man and asked where we would like to sit.
We were then given the menu and ordered some drinks, however when we read the menu we all thought that the food would be very basic as this is the view the menu tends to give.
For starters we ordered the 2 seasame chicken and 2 soup of the day, and then for our main course we ordered 2 rump steaks, a sirlion and chefs curry.
But to our amazment when our starters arrived they hot and presented to that, to be matched to a higher end resturtant.
When our main courses arrived they were much the same in standard and quality, my rump was amazing, full of flavour and cooked to absulute pertection, I was a little disapointed that the tomato and mushrooms were a little on the small size, but as my partner reminded me 'what do you expect when its buy one get one free'.
After we had all finished we were then asked if we would like any desserts or coffee, with us all freely full to bursting we decided not to.
When it came to paying the bill we had to go to reception desk in the main hotel, having settled to bill we all went home feeling very.
Having drove past the hotel on many occacions and thinking that the resturant was closed, I am very happy that we saw the review and gave it ago.
Me and my family would definatly go back sometime soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks in taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel's Conservatory Restaurant and great to hear that you and all your family had a really good meal and good service in the restaurant.

Our Head Chef and his team produces a great variety of dishes either from the restaurant's A la Carte menu or from the 'Daily Special' board.

We are introducing our 'Special Dish Nights' soon with Mixed Grill, Steak, Curry, and Fish & Chips nights available from 23rd May and prices set at £8.99pp for the Mixed Grill night and £5.99 for the other 3 menus.

It realy is 'Cheap as Chips' to eat here, so come again, dont miss out on these deals, and try it soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Whilst visiting friends last week, we had decided to go and have a meal out somewhere. As we drove back from the zoo late one evening we decided to pop in and see if the hotel did serve food.
When we entered the resturant we were greeted and shown to a table and given a menu, we also told about a offer that was going on and that you could get a 'steak for a pound'. After ordering some drinks we then ordered our food.
Having being told we could have a steak for a pound we all ordered off the steak page on the menu, and hoped in antisipation that the standard or portion size was not reflected in the price.
However to our suprise the food arrived on nice warm plates and was good size.
The sirloin steak which me and my partner had ordered was both cooked excalty how we like it, and served with the most amazing chips, that were crisp and fluffy and sprinkled with sea salt.
Each dish was also finished off with a side salad and drizzled with a mustard dressing, so I was told when I asked the man who was serving us.
Its touches like this that make a meal out on to remember and we will devinlty be back when we revisit our friends in the summer again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeff b
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Many thanks for posting your review of your experience in our restaurant recently and great news that you and your friends had a good time with us.
Our head chef and his team provide great food with a wide variety of traditional British favourites along with good selection of grilles that we hope will suit all guests tastes.
The restaurant team will look forward to being able to welcome you and your friends again later in the Summer.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Unfortunately i had the misfortune of visiting this hotel which was supposed to be just the one night.

Upon arrival i was met by a lady on reception who did not give me and my girlfriend a warm welcome at all.I was given a key to what was supposed to be a double room,when we entered we noticed that this was simply two single beds pushed together (we had paid 60 pound at reception just minutes earlier and stated it was for a double room).

I simply went back down to reception and told the receptionists this was not what we agreed to and she said that sometimes this is what happens and that it is acceptable,i then asked for the manager.

No manager was called and then she continued to look on the computer,later admitting another employee had booked us the wrong room.Then after about another ten minutes she finally gave me a key to another room in which i went to.

Shockingly this room looked as though it had not even been hoovered,i pulled the quilt on the bed back and the white sheet on the mattress had what only looks like urine stains all over it.

For a second time i went back to reception insisting that the manager was called so they could come and take a look at this pathetic excuse for a £60 a night room.I was then told i must wait as the duty manager had not yet started his shift.

By this time me and my girlfriend waited in reception for nearly an hour,then a man who looked as though he had just come out of the shower eventually turned up in reception.

This guy was not professional in any way and when i proceeded to tell him about what had happened whilst i had been there he appeared to have no answer and insisted that i wait for another hour until someone could change the bed sheets.

By this time i had lost my patience and insisted i was given a full refund and i would seek a hotel elsewhere.The duty manager insisted he was not authorized to give refunds and basically tried to make us accept this and stay.

I then further insisted that i would not be staying in the hotel as i was unhappy at the service and quality of both the staff and rooms.Eventually he turned to the receptionist and said i will authorize the refund (10 minutes earlier he insisted he was not authorized to do this).

I had no apology either when i was finally handed my refund.

I will never be booking a night stay at this shambles of a hotel ever again and i would ask anyone to think twice before doing so.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for posting your review of your experience of checking in to our hotel recently, may I offer my apologies regarding the issues raised at your check in.

I have reviewed the points raised, fully checked with the staff on duty at the time you were checking in, and would like to offer the following.

The hotele bedrooms have a combination of 4'6" double beds, 3' single beds, and 3' single Zip Link beds in them.

The initial room that you were allocated had 2no 3' Zip Link beds that when joined make a 6' King Size double bed. The matresses & divans are seperately secured together so not to come apart, & to ensure guests comfort is not compromised & this was the case in this room.

As this room was unsuitable to your requirements, we immediately allocated a standard size double bedded room for you, unfortunately, due to an administration error 'in house', this room had not been cleaned from the night before.

It was an error which should have been identified earlier in the day by our Front of House team and the bedroom 'put off' for the rest of the day.

We would never allocate a bedroom to a guest checking in our hotel a room that had not been fully cleaned, vacuumed & received fresh laundry.

For the fair and respective issues that were raised from the bedrooms we apologise unfortunately coupled with your threatening and aggressive manner showed when discussing it with our Duty Manager, he willingly issued a full refund to you in relation to your complaint.

I hope that you found a hotel more suited your requirements.
Wigan, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Call me old fashioned but broken windows, graffiti, blood stained sheets and chewing gum on the furniture just isn't for me.

Was forced to stay here after being overbooked at the village over the road. I'd never normally stay here but was with a group of work colleagues and needed the convenience.

I was checked in by a very polite receptionist but my first impressions weren't great. Very 'Alan Partridge' and stuck in the 80's, the whole hotel needs gutting............hence the £40 room rate.

The rooms are adequate but just very tired and grubby. Graffiti in the wardrobes isn't the best advert but at least I now know that Daz luvs Jules!!! Small stains on the duvet cover looked like dry blood and to top it off a large chunk of chewing gum stuck to the arm of the chair!

Sleep quality was poor in a bed that was extremely lumpy but the breakfast was of average quality.

I will never return here...............it's rubbish!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Many thanks for taking the time in posting your review of your stay with us recently, and please accept my apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

I can understand that on occasions when guests are unable to stay in their first choice of hotel, and are 'booked out' to a local hotel that is close by, it can be inconvenient and annoying to any guest faced with this situation.

It is an unfortunate but a necessary procedure that all hotels adopt, they have to ensure that their guests are found a bedroom in a local hotel of similar standard in quality of service and facilities.

We have actioned the remedial works to remove the graffiti from inside the wardrobe, we have checked the windows there does not seem any 'broken' at the hotel, however, only recently we had to replace the main entrance door window as it did have a crack in and this may have coincided with your stay.

As a standard procedure all our bedrooms receive fresh linen each day for new bookings, I can only apologise that the duvet had stains on it.

Our hotel has a full service restaurant, free high speed WiFi access, free parking, 24hr reception, and the management and staff always strive to offer a standard of service that exceeds our guests expectations.

Occasionally we fail to meet all guests standards, we can only apologise for this and work towards making further necessary improvements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Premier Inn Dudley Town Centre Hotel
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Station Hotel
Station Hotel
#5 of 6 in Dudley
Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel

Been to The Quality Hotel Dudley? Share your experiences!