“LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR A FAR BETTER EXPERIENCE !”

The Quality Hotel Dudley
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dudley
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Only stayed one night and this was more than enough thanks !
THE GOOD.. Free spacious car park. Excellent quality bedding and comfortable bed. Full english breakfast for £2.50 per person when selected booking on line including juices coffee and toast. Bargain ! Price paid for B+B £55 reasonable value for an average 3* hotel
THE BAD .. Very run down dowdy hotel that needed a full refurbishment like 30 years ago. Dated tatty dark wooden furniture from many decades ago that was well past its sell by date. Carpets shabby and discoloured. However, great work by the cleaners who did their best to get the room as good as it could be. Worst hotel shower experience ever. Literally a trickle from the shower head and wildly varying temperature. Beware of the risk of getting scalded. Our room (319) was far away from reception requiring negotiating several corridors and short flights of stairs in this maze. Loud traffic noise evident all through the night. Windows were very poor quality and so did not muffle the noise of heavy lorries.
THE UGLY. The bathroom was disgusting with filthy mastic evident, chrome plating off the wastes and one tap top cover missing. Noisy irritating extraction fan.
CONCLUSION: If there is no other alternative at busy times you may have to endure this hotel but as there are many others in the local area finding an alternative could be a really good option even if it means spending a bit more. You'll be glad you did !

Room Tip: Get one as near reception as possible or pack your hiking boots...........
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola J
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Nicola J
Many thanks for taking time & posting a review from your recent stay with us, please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet with your expectations.

We have made recent improvements with new carpets being fitted to corridors, public & reception areas, & we have a ongoing program of refurbishment to our bedrooms.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed for one night in this 'hotel.' On arrival I was directed to my room but got lost and ended up down a very tired looking corridor that had worn carpet and judging by the noise coming from the rooms and the smell of smoke, I got the impression long term residents lived there. On reaching the second floor I came across a mattress stood up at the top of the stair well. I was horrified I had to spend a night here. My room was very tired looking and disgustingly filthy. I didn't complain that evening, although I should have, but I realised there was probably no other room to transfer to judging by what I had seen. The following morning I expressed my concern over the cigarette smoke, that by the morning was stronger than the night before. The receptionist looked at me as if I had directly insulted her, if she was responsible for the cleaning then I probably did. No apologies were offered. I would rather sleep on the streets than stay here again.

4  Thank Jacvoe

Hello Jacvoe
Many thanks for taking the time & posting a review of your stay in November, please accept my apologies for the issues that you had during your stay.

We always strive to provide the best standards in service & facilities for all our guests who stay with us. We have recently replaced the carpets to our corridors & changed the flooring to our reception area.

We are lso a fully non smoking hotel, however, we do have to deal with some guests who ignore our hotel policy's at the inconvenience to our other guests.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed at the Dudley before Christmas with two friends on a coach trip and I have actually complained to Newmarket about the Hotel. We all found it shabby and very run down. My friend had sick all down her valance and on the floor of her room. I felt it was not that clean in our room either. The food was awful and the waitress appalling! I advice strongly not to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mona w
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Hello Mona W
Many thanks for posting a review from your overnight stay in Dec with your colleagues from the coach group.

Please accept my apologies for the issues raised on the evening of your stay I have checked in our complaints log for any issues raised on the evening of your stay and we have no record of any complaint from you or your colleagues that evening.

We would have been able to change your rooms regarding problems with the stained valance and shut the room off until fully cleaned.

The hotel was very busy that night with full function rooms for Christmas Parties which may have affected the service in the restaurant for which I apologise for.

Many thanks

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We arrived too early at hotel 12 o'clock instead on 2.00pm and we were rather sharply told that we couldn't check in yet. There was no pleasantries or welcoming from the receptionist however she did reluctantly allow us to leave our case. We did not want to trundle it out to the car as we are pensioners. We went off to amuse ourselves at this point and returned later to a totally different welcome and different staff member. She made us feel much happier and our room was not the one earlier indicated by previous receptionist. Our room was basic but clean and comfortable and even had an armchair (not always included in this price range). We opted for the full English Breakfast and we were glad we did! There was some background traffic noise but the convenient location made up for this. We will certainly return but suggest some need for more customer service training for staff.

Room Tip: I think a room at the back would be quieter if that is of concern but our room 302 was ok
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheilalacon

Hello Sheilalacon
Many thanks for taking the time & posting a review of your stay with us in December, good to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable and the standards & service provided apart from the initial welcome offered exceeded your expectations.

I wish to apologise for the initial welcome offered but hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Booked up in advance , my requirements were a bit complicated .However , feasable .I asked for 1 single for first night , triple next night , then twin room for 2 nights. arrived first night confirmed my booking and paid in full . left baggage in reception next morning ready for change of room later that day. Arrived back after hard days work with my two work colleagues only to be told there was no triple available only a twin , and the hotel was fully booked that night by a very unhelpful receptionist . I obviously kicked up a fuss ,but somehow they found a double room available . myself and one colleague stayed on the next 2 nights the other went home . All good until i got home to find £165 taken from my bank account for 3 nights in extra room . i have been trying to get my refund but as of today a week later , the managers dont seem to understand their problem , if i do not get a full refund i will be taking it further , this experience has tainted an otherwise good stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hello Ianthomas_42
Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay here at the hotel, please accept my apologies for the issues surrounding your specific room requirements over your 3 nt stay.

We did somewhat make a mess of the room's allocation for your requirements, it was a genuine administrative error, at no time would we want to create unecessary issues to any guest to deal with when staying here, for even a single nights stay.

The £165 will be fully refunded as agreed with the Front of House and the General Manager at the hotel.

regards

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I really would advise against staying here.

No soap so had to use shampoo sachet to wash hands.
Dubious stains on the headboard.
Iron imprint on carpet.
Curtains hanging off and not able to close properly.
Lumpy bed.
Shower was broken (Only option was scolding hot) so no shower in the morning.
I requested soya milk for breakfast. They assured me on 3 different occasions that they had it, but on the morning no soya milk with no knowledge of any requests.

After complaining I have been offered £20 compensation which I think is a cheek since I couldn't shower or have breakfast and didn't sleep well. Some hotels offer a complete refund for minor issues!

Basically, the hotel is shabby and well in need of an update.

Please don't be fooled by the name, 'Quality'. They should be done under trade descriptions act!

Hello Damontidbury
Many thanks for your review from your stay with us recently and please accept my apologies for the issues raised during your stay and detailed in your review.
The General Manager has responded personally to the issues raised directly to you and our Choice Hotels Group Head Office has also.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The staff could not have been more welcoming, pleasant and helpful, Black Country hospitality at its best! Linen clean, breakfast good, beds fine
But the time has come for the quality hotel needs to live up to its name. Need to invest in new bathrooms, replace the chipped bath, upgrade the shower, a chain for the plug etc.
Please bring the hotel up to the quality of the staff

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Patrick
Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay here at our hotel, we have a great team of hard working staff here who always strive to offer the best standards of welcome and service when our guests stay here. All our hotel staff will be heartened by your kind words.

We do have a programme of refurbishment works for our bedrooms bathrooms and public areas ongoing at the hotel.

Hope that you can return soon.

Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Station Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Travelodge Birmingham Dudley
Travelodge Birmingham Dudley
#2 of 2 in Breierley Hill

Been to The Quality Hotel Dudley? Share your experiences!