“Summer Thai-me lunch luxury”
Review of Ann's Thai

Ann's Thai
Ranked #8 of 160 Restaurants in Dudley
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcomes to mini Thailand. The bulls head in bilston street,sedgley is a traditional English pub. Come along and try our selection of real Ales (as approved by Camra) and dine in our authentic Thai Restaurant (Awarded 2014certificate of Excellence on tripadvisor) Whether you looking for a drink or a meal - or indeed both - then you can be assured of awarm welcome at the bull's head and Ann's Thai Restaurant. Beer-gardens and Free parking at the back of the pub . We hope to see you soon..
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I popped into Anns for lunch when we found ourselves free for a couple of hours.

Ann now charges £10 now for a two course lunch, but this covers all the main menu dishes, so is better value than ever before.

The welcome was great as always.

I went for the Tom Kha chicken soup starter, and my wife chicken satay. Both were fresh and hearty with delicate aromatic flavours.

Our bottle of perfectly drinkable wine was still only £6.50, making a mockery of house wine prices in almost any other restaurant.

Main courses: I had beef Thai salad which was stunning. Profoundly spicy yet all the refreshment of a great salad. I had a pad Thai with chicken on the side which was substantial and well flavoured.

My wife chose chicken stir fry which once again satisfied with its great balance of spice, sweetness and savoury spices.

Egg fried rice worked wonderfully with this.

It is difficult to fault this wonderful repast, still some of the best Thai food I have ever eaten, in a friendly and sociable environment.

Strongly recommended to all who want to experience great Thai food.

3  Thank Ormstein

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I often go here with my dad and absolutely love the place. Wonderful food, courteous and professional staff, relaxed and comforting atmosphere and fairly priced. Definitely the best place to eat in Sedgley.

3  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We went last night because i came accross the wonderful reviews that this restaurant has. I can see why. The place is cosy, the staff are lovely and friendly and the menu is the right size for people to make the right choice. Unfortunately i dont understand the small portions and the charges for it. Fish cakes, 4 small ones, very chewy, tasted nothing on their own, 5 quid. Prawn spring rolls, 4 of them, 6 quid. Main course.Stir fry. Both cooked very nicely but partners had 5 king prawns and lots of egg, my mixed sea food had 3 king prawns, 2 mussels and 2 squid.10 pounds each. I asked for jasmine rice and they only told me in the end that it was finished. I settle for egg fried rice. It was mushy and probably microwaved. Overall you understand that we were still hungry, we spent 35 quid and i felt like we only had a starter. We will give this place another chance but i would suggest a reduction on prices in the starters and bigger portions on the main course. Lets not forget that it is in Sedgley and not in Brindley Place!

5  Thank Stefano915
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This an excellent restaurant in my hometown Sedgley. The fod if delicious, if you like Thai food that is, considerablt lighter than Chinese. The service is also delightful.

The only drawback is than the only entrance is through the bar at the Bull,s Head which can be a bit rough loking. Also the alcoholic drinks have to be purchsed from the bar, but the quality of the beer on offer has improved since the Thai opened.

Very child friendly.

Tony

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A little gem, restaurant is at the rear of the pub, Wine and drinks are served from the pub bar so you get drinks at reasonable prices, food fantastic, great service.
if you have not tried this restaurant you dont know what you are missing