We stayed for one night at The Village Hotel, Dudley, and were rather pleased that we were not staying for much longer. The Reception was reasonably efficient and friendly, but unfortunately, the lift was not working, and as we were on an upper floor, and in our seventies, it was rather inconvenient. We were offered help, but as she was a rather small, ( but attractive ), young lady,
chivalry forbade that I should let her hump our luggage upstairs. Our room was adequate, if a little tired, tea and coffee, but no biscuits, and we overlooked a large expanse of flat roofing and ventilators. the bathroom was rather spartan, with rather small bathtowels, a fixed shower over the bath.
Our evening meal was reasonable, as we were a large party, but the drink prices were eye- wateringly expensive, with minimal choice of beers. Breakfast was adequate, with little choice of cereals or fruit, our early morning call did not happen, nor did the newspaper we had ordered arrive,( apparently it was a fault with the computer, i wish that one day it could be for some other reason ), we were able to pick the newspaper up at the desk after breakfast.
All in all, a not memorable stay, but as it was a private function, and we had negotiated a special rate, it was ,we suppose, reasonable value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley is situated on the A461, near to Dudley Centre and close to lots of attractions. The children will love the animals at Dudley Zoo. Everyone will enjoy a trip to the massive new Bullring Shopping Mall in the centre of Birmingham. You can also enjoy a stroll along Birmingham's canals and walkways, or visit the world renowned Ironbridge Living Museum. Within a short distance the unique Half Penny Green Vineyard is open to visitors. Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley has 124 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Dudley
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley West Midlands