Fortunately I only stayed one night. I was given room 231 - avoid it (and the one below). There is some sort of plant room next door which gives out a loud, modulating, hum - like an air con fan only too loud to fade away into white noise. I had been up since 05.30 and was exhausted but I couldn't block this out. I phoned reception who responded straight away and moved me to another room at 23.30 at night. No qualms. Just did it.
This one, 261, was closer to the big Tesco behind the hotel, the one with all the plant humming throughout the night. Fortunately, with the windows shut, I could cope with this - although it was still there whenever I woke up during a very fitful night.
I appreciate they can't control what happens at Tesco, but the hotel could do something about its own internal noises.
If you do stay here take a moment of peace and calm as you first enter your room otherwise you might miss the background hums over the sound of the TV (as I did), and check you can deal with any extraneous noises before you settle in.
And check the cost of breakfast. I added it on to the room for £10 when I booked. Outside there is a board offering breakfast for £5.95. On querying this - why should residents pay more than people who drop in - my bill was reduced. It was pointed out to me that this is a bargain if there are two of you in the room - only £5.00 each. But there weren't and I had to ask for the reduction.
Nice staff - but I found my stay difficult. Not what I needed before a long days work.
Good pool, though. Long enough for a proper swim. A fair few locals enjoying the aquarobics and the steam room, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley is situated on the A461, near to Dudley Centre and close to lots of attractions. The children will love the animals at Dudley Zoo. Everyone will enjoy a trip to the massive new Bullring Shopping Mall in the centre of Birmingham. You can also enjoy a stroll along Birmingham's canals and walkways, or visit the world renowned Ironbridge Living Museum. Within a short distance the unique Half Penny Green Vineyard is open to visitors. Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley has 124 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Dudley
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley West Midlands