“Staying here at this moment :)”

Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dudley
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at this hotel since Monday due to domestic problems at home.

Check in extremely friendly avid welcoming :)

My partner, daughter and her boyfriend had requested a family room but there were none available at the time of booking so were in the upper deck of the hotel for two nights. We were so disappointed as they were very dark and unappealing, and my daughter (who I will say never ever complains called us into her room to show us the mess of the walls ) they were awful ! My partner went down to tell them how disapointed we were that they moved us into adjoining family rooms, these although the hotel state are not as good were to us much better !!

My daughters room is now going to be painted.

I cannot yet comment on the breakfast or leisure facilities as I haven't eaten or used the gym or swimming pool.

Although the hotel (in my opinion is in need of some tlc and lighter and airy colours) ..,

I have to say all members of staff from reception to the restaurant to the pub are extremely pleasant and helpful :) and the atmosphere is good.

We are here for the foreseeable and I've grown quite fond of the establishment :)

Well done to all for making our stay a very good and pleasant place to be !!!

Just a little bit more, there are a few attractions nearby, the Zoo, the Black Country museum and merry hill centre too !!!

I would recommend this hotel :) it's really quite cosy :):):)

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank 504214Lesley
dleeh456, Front Office Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

I hope the remainder of your stay was enjoyable.

Thank you for the kind words about the team at the Village Urban Resort Dudley, your feedback is shared with the team, I can assure you it means a lot to us.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed for one night at short notice. Room was modern and bed very comfortable. Staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was okay but lacked carbs with no fried bread or hash browns. . Loved the big Tesco next door!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beachboy48

I am, glad you had a pleasant stay, if you let us know when you will be returning to the Village Urban Resort Dudley & we can see about getting you that fried bread.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Fortunately I only stayed one night. I was given room 231 - avoid it (and the one below). There is some sort of plant room next door which gives out a loud, modulating, hum - like an air con fan only too loud to fade away into white noise. I had been up since 05.30 and was exhausted but I couldn't block this out. I phoned reception who responded straight away and moved me to another room at 23.30 at night. No qualms. Just did it.
This one, 261, was closer to the big Tesco behind the hotel, the one with all the plant humming throughout the night. Fortunately, with the windows shut, I could cope with this - although it was still there whenever I woke up during a very fitful night.
I appreciate they can't control what happens at Tesco, but the hotel could do something about its own internal noises.
If you do stay here take a moment of peace and calm as you first enter your room otherwise you might miss the background hums over the sound of the TV (as I did), and check you can deal with any extraneous noises before you settle in.
And check the cost of breakfast. I added it on to the room for £10 when I booked. Outside there is a board offering breakfast for £5.95. On querying this - why should residents pay more than people who drop in - my bill was reduced. It was pointed out to me that this is a bargain if there are two of you in the room - only £5.00 each. But there weren't and I had to ask for the reduction.
Nice staff - but I found my stay difficult. Not what I needed before a long days work.
Good pool, though. Long enough for a proper swim. A fair few locals enjoying the aquarobics and the steam room, too.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the front. The back has a big Tesco one side and a main road the other.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JohnDelafield

Dear John,

I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed with the external noises, please contact us personally if you are looking to return, we can ensure you get a nice, quiet room.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Visited this hotel for a night on business. The whole hotel is a little tired. The doors still use real keys! There was no aircon so the room was very hot (despite turning the heater off). It'll do for a night on business but I couldn't do 2!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I am sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable in the room, I would highly recommend our UpperDeck rooms if you are looking to return to the area, they are fully air conditioned.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Lovely hotel great facilitys and great bar and resturant rooms are very spacious with flat screen tv would highly recomend if you have to stay in this area the resturant has a great atmospere on the weekend with live bands

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind feedback following your stay at the Village Urban Resort Dudley. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here last weekend as part of night, spa and party night deal. Really impressed with the standard of the rooms, spa treatments and food served. We ate in the pub on site and had an evening buffet both were of good value. The rooms were clean and well equipped. Really impressed ( especially as we'd only come from Birmingham!)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay, meal and spa package.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future as you are not too far away.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and found it very good .This time was disappointing as the room was not as good as before and there was no atmosphere in the pub within the hotel.The meal wasnt too bad but there were not as many things available as before.When we went for breakfast the service and food were not up to the standard as before.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so sorry you did not have as much of an enjoyable stay as you experienced previously.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel and experience the level of service you received before.

Katherine Jeffries

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Station Hotel
Station Hotel
#6 of 7 in Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Travelodge Birmingham Kingswinford
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2

Been to Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley? Share your experiences!