“10 minute walk to town”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Dudley
breaston,derby
“10 minute walk to town”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Easily found this hotel and found plenty of parking space in the car parkWe were efficiently booked in by a female member of staff at about 3pm who was very pleasant.We stayed in a family room as this was the only room suitable for us as we were late booking.The room was on the ground floor and spacious and had been serviced very well.The temperature of the room was ok but we found that the digital control could not be changed because it had a CENTRAL setting and the window did not open because of being on the ground floor.It took us 10 minutes to walk into town but apart from the zoo I do not know why anyone would want to go into town unless for a specific reason as the town is a dump and although improvements are ongoing there are no decent shops.In the evening the reception staff booked us a taxi and it was no trouble to them at all.We did not return until 00.30 and were greeted pleasantly by the evening staff.We found that the bed was really comfortable and the room temperature was cool.We had breakfast in the morning and the breakfast room was busy as the hotel was full.There was a selection of cereals,fruit and toast.The cook was extremely busy as he was on his own and people were waiting for bacon and mushrooms and the fried eggs on offer were overcooked and hard and the scambled egg did not look appetising but he produced the bacon after about a minute.Personally I feel that the breakfast room could have been made a little bigger.Overall this is an excellent location for a hotel which will continue to be busy and the hotel has excellent staff and we would not hesitate to book it again.

Room Tip: use your free wi-fi in one go otherwise you lose your remaining time if you log off
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank n0rmski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
england
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Rooms very clean, bathroom spotless. member of staff very friendley and helpful. Excelent location for Dudley Zoo and the Black Country Open air Museum. The breakfast starts at 7.00 to 11.00am. At 9.00 seems to be a popular time for breakfast. So you may need to wait on cook breakfast.

Llanelli
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I recently spent a night there and was most impressed. The room was spotless and comfortable. The staff especially Ravi and Liz were friendly, welcoming and helpful. What I particularly liked was the fact that we could breakfast in the hotel. It was delicious and catered for adults and children. Well done!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dudley
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Fantastic clean hotel wonderful staff! Highly recommend! This is the 3rd time we've stayed here and will keep coming back! Location is great and have stayed in far more expensive hotels than this who are nowhere near as good! Thoroughly recommend

Llanelli
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was my first visit to a Premier Inn, so to be honest I didn't know what to expect. I was thoroughly impressed, from the friendly and efficient check-in, to the coffee in the lounge, the spotlessly clean bedroom and bathroom, the comfortable beds and indeed no noise from the road at all!
I have stayed in worse 4 star hotels!!
Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and everything fresh and tasty!
A special mention to Ravi and Liz, both extremely helpful, nothing too much trouble for them. I'd definitely stay here again!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our room (family room) was a great size with plenty of space. It was spotlessly clean and the beds were really comfortable. Would definitely recommend buying the full breakfast when you visit, as it is a superb spread. Staff were friendly and it was a very comfortable stay.

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We arrived before 11PM and the staff were so lovely! We went for a family wedding and had so much luggage including heavy indian outfits. I asked the Receptionists if they had a luggage trolley which they did not, but helped us carrying everything and placed it in the room. On Sunday and Monday I had to leave at 4AM to attend work- the night Receptionist made me a coffee which was very kind on both mornings. On Sunday, I arrived after work and my mobile phone had been stolen. The receptionists were kind to let me use their telephone to call my sister. They helped me get directions to the party I needed to attend and printed off the directions. The staff just couldn't have been anymore helpful in my eyes and did not expect such a great experience in a premier inn. It was a shame that the wi-fi was not free but the service was outstanding!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Station Hotel
Station Hotel
#5 of 6 in Dudley
Travelodge Birmingham Kingswinford
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2

Been to Premier Inn Dudley Town Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!