“Great Value breakfasts”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dudley
Ireneslass
“Great Value breakfasts”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We didn't stay in the Station Hotel but in the Premier Inn just along the road. We saw the advert for the £3.95 eat all you can breakfasts so decided to give it a go as the Premier deal was £8.75 for the same thing.
We were more then happy with what we got at the Station Inn - cereals, fruit, jam and marmalade as well as the cooked bacon, sausage, mushrooms, fried bread, black pudding, and baked beans plus both brown or white bread to toast in a very proficient toaster.
There were 4 of us, all adults, and we had breakfast on both of the day we were in the area and enjoyed it both
days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ireneslass
Stationhotel, Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the excellent review you gave for our all you can eat breakfast for £3.95. This is something we are particularly proud of at the Station Hotel.

Bacon, sausage, eggs, fried bread, mushrooms, tomatoes, black pudding, white and brown toast, 4 different cereals, fresh fruit, and yoghurts. In addition we also offer tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and fruit juice at very reasonable prices.... all unlimited!

Thank you for choosing us for breakfast. Hopefully you will stay with us next time to experience the whole package.

Best regards,

01384 253418

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights when I was doing some research at Dudley Archives. My single room was quite small but had every thing I needed. The furniture was showing its age and the shower cabinet was very dated but it was comfy enough the staff were very friendly and efficient.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you found everything in your room that you needed. Our staff do pride themselves on going the extra mile for our customers.

We wish you a pleasant onward journey and best wishes from all of us here.

Best regards

Manchester
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Easily pleased me but was shocking. Ripped me off as event on so charged me £75 ! £15 would have been fair. Boiling hot, on noisy road so window open not an option. Very dated. Never had breakfast. Went early as had shocking kip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bradstour
Dear Guest,

Thank you firstly for your review. It is important to stress that guest feedback is majorly important in this business and we take things seriously. If I'm being totally honest, we do not charge £75 for a room, so I suspect that may not be correct for one nights stay, unless you booked a large family room for multiple adults, maybe if you had extras on your room bill such as bar drinks etc. We do feel that our accommodation rates are extremely competitive and the cheapest in the area.

You did comment on the heat, we have been blessed with some gorgeous summer weather recently. The downside of this blessing is often uncomfortable, muggy nights. We have fans available at reception, and if you had voiced your concerns during your stay, we could have provided this for you immediately.

Please accept my apologies if our standards fell short of your expectations. Should you wish to discuss your concerns over the telephone please feel free to contact me on 01384 253418 as we are always keen to put things right.

Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I pass the Station Hotel maybe 3 times a week, but cant remember the last time I went in for a meal. It could be that as its so close to home I dont think to go in.
Any way, as we were going to Evesham today we thought we would try the breakfast.
The Station is one of the oldest, if not the oldest building in Dudley, and is used for the starting point for the Dudley ghost tour. There are lots of stories about it being haunted too.
This morning there was no sign of any of that. The buffet breakfast was nicely set out. 5 kinds of cereal, fruit, and the usual English breakfast items. Bacon eggs beans mushrooms sausages toms, fried bread, toast and jams.
The room was clean and tidy, and the staff polite and friendly. Worth another visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank andi32
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted your breakfast was delightful. We have only recently started with our unlimited buffet breakfast for £3.95 per person. This makes us the most competitive in the area. We are proud to offer, not just the usual bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, mushrooms, black pudding and fried bread. We also offer an array of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, jams, and juices. We have different fruit and herbal teas, selection of coffees and hot chocolate, something for everyone! This has made us very popular and do a roaring breakfast trade on the weekends and it's all thanks to our customers.

We look forward to welcoming you once again for breakfast, or maybe a carvery next time. Thanks again!
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst at a conference, choosing it simply because with an advance deal via a price comparison website it was less than half the price of the designated conference hotels and just as close to the venue.
To be honest, if you are looking for a glamourous hotel experience or oodles of fancy toiletries, the Station Hotel will not be for you. However, for just under £40 per night room only, I found myself in a surprisingly spacious and light ensuite single, with plenty of storage.
The roomy ensuite shower room was very clean, if a bit dated in style.
The room decor is likewise rather tired, and The Hotel Inspector would have had a fit as the mismatched hangers (my definite favourite being one that had been collaged with coloured pictures of footballs and smarties cut out of magazines - to be fair I didn't fancy putting my clothes on it but it made me laugh and I admired it as a piece of Pop Art.) But the basics were there - clean linen sheets, TV, towels, tea making facilities. Even teeny tiny soap and shower gel sachets.
Can't comment on the food, I didn't eat in the Hotel at all as I breakfasted with colleagues in their hotel.
Staff very friendly and cheerful, check in and out were both very efficient.
It's on a busy road junction, so not ideal if you are seeking quiet seclusion; the weather was very hot while I was there, so had to choose between ventilation and noise as there was no air conditioning.
Complimentary wifi is mentioned on the room info, I couldn't get it to work with the credentials provided and the receptionist said there was a problem on my corridor. So if connectivity is essential to you, you might want to check if your room is connected.
Very handy for the Castle, Zoo and the fabulous Black Country Living Museum.
There seem to be options below to rate the swimming pool and fitness centre. I didn't spot either of these.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking time to review and rate our hotel. I am delighted that you've enjoyed your stay over all. We pride ourselves on putting our customer's needs first, paying extra care and attention to those little things like soap, and shower gels in the bedrooms.

We are proud to offer value for money hospitality to all our guests, many of our rooms now have had a freshening up decor wise. It seems very unfortunate that your room still remains in the old style (with mix-match coat hangers) Agreed, it's a little cringe worthy and I have ordered the one you refer to be removed as it is rather offensive.

Thank you once again for your review, they are important to us here as we use them to improve our level of service.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Comfortable room, loads of amenities, good food and friendly staff! Would definitely recommend! Very good rates for what you get. Nice bar open in the evenings. Exactly what I needed for a quick stop over in dudley.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Harry T
Stationhotel, Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to rate and review our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thank you again for the review.
Birmingham
Reviewed 25 May 2014

On arrival the receptionist had no idea we had booked through booking.com! after a few minutes of her not knowing what to do I suggested maybe she called booking.com although she called another member of staff who instructed her to book us in, meanwhile a few other guests also wanted to check in, she stated they didn't think they had enough rooms for us all which made us feel so unwelcome. After a half hour check in we proceeded to our room on the top floor only to find we had been allocated a twin bedded room!!! by this time we had given up hope and didn't want to waste any more time walking all the way back to reception for her to tell us she didn't have anything else available. On check out same receptionist she didn't ask if everything was ok! I felt uncomfortable complaining to her as management have clearly failed to train her correctly! I complained via booking.com about 5 days later but was told by management I have left it to late to complain. I would never go here again I think it's a disgrace the hotel won't accept any fault regarding this! The bathroom also smelt disgusting like sewage. Overall very disappointing and a obscure way of dealing with genuine complaints.

• Stayed April 2014
Stationhotel, Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you firstly for taking the time to air your frustration via this medium of Trip Advisor. We must apologise for the mix up when you checked in. Obviously anyone reading this review would be able to tell that the receptionist that checked you in was clearly training in her new role. I am not justifying this error, but sometimes on occasion things do not always go as they should, and mistakes happen. I am sure that if the receptionist was made aware of your complaint she would have endeavored to resolve it immediately.

You have said that the receptionist gave you the opportunity to express your dissatisfaction, but in your own words, you said you "felt uncomfortable complaining" However you did say that you complained to another independent organisation (bookings.com) to which are not part of our company, and now Trip Advisor.

Obviously we are somewhat limited to what we can do to resolve this as your stay was over three weeks ago. We feel that we haven't been given the opportunity to resolve your complaint directly with the hotel, customer satisfaction is important to us like any other business and please accept our apologies once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Premier Inn Dudley Town Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel
Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley

Been to Station Hotel? Share your experiences!