Doncaster International
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
The Regent Hotel(Doncaster)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsan industrial parkstrange locationcoach partycoach tripnational holidayspizza hutlakeside shopping centrekeepmoat stadiumevening mealbusy roadbudget hotelgood sizepower showercoffee machinelarge showerlight sleeperbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

As a lone female I felt tied to the hotel in the evening, I didn't know the area, to eat etc and the food was not only of poor quality but was badly presented, had a really limited (choice of only four mains) and very expensive (£3.95 for a trio of ice cream which was three small scoops plonked in the middle of a large plate which was full of ice crystals so I'm guessing had been partly defrosted and refrozen. They don't even sell crisps or nuts to go with your wine or beer. Website was really misleading as there aren't two areas for eating/drinking at all, it's just one area attached to reception. As I couldn't eat the breakfast I'd paid for I thought I'd take it with me for later but was told in a very loud voice across the cafe area that it wasn't allowed, I'm fine with the policy but perhaps signs up in the area or being asked discreetly would be better. The rooms were large and comfy but the walls are very thin so I didn't sleep well. It all felt very sub-standard and a bit like a roadside cafe with trainee staff left in charge. I certainly wouldn't recommend it and won't be returning to any Park Inn hotel, I know it's the budget end of the Radisson brand but I would be ashamed to put my name to it, I certainly expected better.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the Park Inn for a Saturday evening get away to meet friends in the area.

In terms of the hotel the layout of the reception, restaurant and bar area seemed a little odd though not the only hotel we have stayed in with that layout. It wasn't a problem just affected the atmosphere a little. The fact that they only had rose wine at the bar on the night we were there was a little strange but we soldiered on.

The room however was lovely, quite spacious and a comfortable bed. The en-suite shower area was also spacious and we did like this.

Breakfast was fine though nothing special and through out our stay the staff were friendly helpful and courteous which is always a bonus in ours books.

All in all we liked the hotel and it s location just across from th eLakeside retail park was a bonus. In similar circumstances we would stay there again a nice one night break.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here overnight following a day at the races. Chose this hotel because it was a Radisson and I therefore thought the extra we were paying would be worth it. For £10 less we could have stayed at a Premier Inn or a Travelodge, both close by, and that's what I would do in future! The reason - this hotel is soul-less in my opinion and I did not like the open plan reception/bar/restaurant concept at all. There was nothing wrong with the rooms to be fair, they were clean but nothing special, with the usual trouser press, coffee/tea tray, a shower stall (no bath). We returned to the hotel about 8pm with the intention of eating there but it just reminded me of a motorway service station. If you sat at a table to eat, you could be seen by all who came and went in and out of the hotel. It was incredibly noisy and we therefore walked to a large Beefeater across the road and had a lovely meal.
As I said at the beginning of this review, this is MY opinion, but I expected more and would not reurn.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
emma p, General Manager at Doncaster International, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that the hotel was not to your expectations, Park Inn by Radisson is the lower scale properties of Radisson, hwoever we do have all the ameneties required.

In regards to the trouser press, we do not have trouser press in the room, however we do have iron and iron boards that are available upon request, the staff try extremely hard to ensure that everyones stay within the hotel is enjoyable and I am sorry you did not feel this way.

I do wish you would have stayed with us for food, as I am sure you would have been pleasantly suprised as the food I must say is fresh local produce and of a very good standard.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on tripadvisor, and am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed in the Park Inn overnight before the Doncaster Reptile Expo. I am not someone who is majorly fussy about staying in the best of the best. But it was a lovely little hotel, clean, modern and comfy. The rooms were big and so was the bathroom! The girls on the reception were also lovely and we had a chat with them for a while, very welcoming friendly girls. Our room's heating wasn't working which was very important for us as we had snakes overnight which needed to be kept warm... they moved us straight away with no fuss...
We also ate in the hotel because we had never been to Donny and no idea where else to go for food, and it was really nice food. Not exactly Michelin star obviously, but for moderate hotel grub, I was full and satisfied!!
One thing I am impressed with was the fact that they are so comfortable with us bringing boxes full of pythons in to the rooms over night! Good on you! Very useful for people going to the expo!
See you next year!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you fo taking the time to write such a lovely review on Trip Advisor, the staff work very hard to ensure all our guest enjoy there stay with us, so I have passed on your comments as I know this will mean a lot to them.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back next year, and if we can be of any assistance, do please contact us and we will be more than willing to help.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to attend the races as all the town centre hotels were fully booked, had to get a taxi and it is on an industrial estate opposite Lakeside shopping centre and on a very busy road.

Good points:
The rooms are quite large, very clean, decent shower and comfy beds, they also have air con. Lots of shopping just across the road.

Bad points:
Reception 'doubled' as a bar, the restaurant/ bar had tired decor and scratched tables, on our first morning there were no sausages ( and very cheap and fatty when they did arrive ) or tomatoes for about fifteen minutes, the tomatoes were mushy, bacon barely cooked and anaemic looking, no spoons, no milk and the toaster broke twice, which no one seemed to know how to fix, and no apology for all the delays/ hiccoughs.
Yes it was St Leger race day, but staff must have known the hotel was at full capacity so would be busy.

I would only return if I couldn't get into the premier Inn in the town which exceeds it by far in respect of service, breakfast and atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank rosebudBridlington

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to write a comment on trip advisor - we value all comments, as this one of the ways we can use to look at what we are doing right and what needs improvement.

Unfortunately I can not do anything about the space within the hotel, and I do agree that some of the tables are due a refurbishment, which is something on the my to do list, and clearly the breakfast was not to your standard, and I have taken this up witb the chef, I am a little dissapointed as the berakfast is usually of a very good standard.

I am very sorry that the hotel was not totally to your satisfaction, but I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel, as I am sure you would see a huge difference.

Thank you again for your comments.