“Perfectly Acceptable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Midlands
“Perfectly Acceptable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Good nights sleep, well located hotel with surprisingly good food, and attentive staff. Restaurant a little draughty because of closeness to front entrance. Modern recently constructed hotel from a reliable brand. Easy car parking. A little noisy because of trucks accessing local distribution warehouses which I thought might keep me awake, but in the end it didn't disturb me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We Stayed just one night for a Christmas party in Doncaster , nice hotel good value for money didn't eat here so can't comment on food . Lovely rooms and nice bathroom . Comfy bed and had spare pillows which is always a bonus . Would stay here again

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Myself and partner stayed here last weekend. The staff I thought were very nice and helpful. However, the restaurant was very impersonal and slightly cold, it lacked atmosphere. We had a chilli and nacho starter on the friday evening, I did not complain but mine was cold. The breakfast on saturday morning was very standard, I am a chef and the sausages had been stood for a long time. However, the food on saturday evening was piping hot, steak was wonderful and breakfast on sunday was lovely. We had a tastercard which entitled us to half price food, if it wasnt for the fact that we had this card, we would not of dined here and because of the impersonal feeling in the restaurant, we ate in our room on saturday night. We were in room 001, smoking area was outside and my partner was unable to sleep on friday night due to the noise. We would stay here again but only if passing through doncaster.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bridlington, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here Saturday night and whilst the room was pleasant enough, the general feeling of the place was a little depressing. Check in was quick but not exactly welcoming. The tv in the whole hotel wasn't working correctly and when my wife asked about it, she was given the standard 'we're waiting for a Sky engineer ' without much feeling of an apology. Taxi's outside throughout the night and people returning shouting also made it difficult to sleep properly. Breakfast was not great and I can normally eat anything!! Overall, we would not stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharpaes1
emma p, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dera Guest,

I am sorry to hear you will not stay here at the Park Inn by Radisson again, however I wish to send my sincere apologies in regards to the noise that you had whilst staying at the hotel.

However as I am sure you can understand, this is something in which we have no control over, as do many other hotels across the world - we can not forsee peoples behavious within the hotel, and whilst we presume all guest will behave well, there are always instances when they do not, we do however try and deal with any situation in which may occur that is disruptive, and I believe we did just that, but again do please accept my apologies.

I have noted your [point about the TV Channels and I am fully aware that ITV is currently havinf a signal problem, and this is currently in the hands of our TV engineers, thsi is not an excuse but simply a matter that is being dealt with, it seems we may need a new box, and this is on order, however I am sure you can understand that this is 1 channel that we have an issue with, and unfortunately is somethig again that can be foreseen, we do deal with all issue's as soon as they arise but we have to leave this in the hands of external engineers, which can sometimes have longer timescales attched to them.

In regards to breakfast, we served over 120 breakfast that morning and did not recieve any complaints, I would be most grateful if yu could elaborate further on this matter so I can take this up with the staff/chef concerned,

Please do accept my sincerest of apologies, and I do hope you would consider coming back to the hotel in the future, I look forward to speaking to you directly in regards to your concerns over breakfast, so do please contactme on 01302 760710 to discuss this matter further.

Bourne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

stayed last night for the football at the rovers ground easy to park but the outside of the hotel looks like a cheap travel inn, friendly staff at reception, did not eat their as there is plenty of other outlets near by, now the worst bit trying to get a good nights sleep, bed too hard for my liking got woke up first with cabs arriving at 2am people smoking and shouting outside, got back to sleep 2,30am woke up again two girls outside the room in the hallway looking for somewhere to sleep sounded like the night manager sorted it out in the end. would not stay here again

Room Tip: believe it or not the room at the front are normally the best for sleep quality
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read that5 your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson was not to your complete satisfaction, I would also like to apologise for your interupted nights sleep here at the hotel, however I am sure you will understand that we have no control over the behaviour of other guests within the hotel, we can never forsee that any guest would be making noise in the early hours of a morning, however I do not accept that this is the kind of behaviour we would accept.

I undersdtand that our Night Porter did try and sort the noise situation, which is what I would have expected him to do, we do have procedures to deal with these situations and all steps where followed correctly.

Many hotels around the workd suffer from these problems occasionally, especially when people have been fueled with alcohol, all the same this is not what we expect or accept within the hotel, so please do accept my sincere apologies.

In regards to the hotel and the feel, I am sure you are aware that the hotel is as it is, and unfortuantrly we can not do anything to the building, however we do clearly have photo's of the hotel on all websites, so people can look at them before making the dcision to stay, and I have to say that all hotels are very different in style and appearance and are subject to personal choice.

Again please accept my sincere apologies and I wish you all the very best, if you would like to discuss any part of your stay directly with myself, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 01302 760710

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

No electricity in the first room allocated to us.
Wife then ended up helping the member of staff shift a child's bed into the next room.
Lounge area cold,bright and severely depressing.
Food was terrible, 2 x highly greasy lasagne's ordered and 1 x burnt bacon/cheeseburger.
Woken up at 3am by groups of noisy drunk women opening and closing doors and just being a general nuisance.
Breakfast was the worst experience ever as it was like a free for all in a packed canteen environment!
Had to fight to find cutlery and the bowls were dirty and still damp from the wipe of cloth previously used to (supposedly) clean them.
Service was completely non
existent.
I stay away in lots of hotels throughout the country with work but this made it even worse as I had my family with me and expected some element of ambience and comfort!
I will be In touch with Radisson to enquires when they are planning closure of this place for a total overhaul!
Stay away! You've been warned...

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read that your stay at the Park Inn by radisson Doncaster, was not to your satisfaction, I have read your comments thoroughtly and would like to send my sincere apologies and explanation for some of the points raised.

1 - Electrical issue within your room, I am afraid that this fault was not know to us at the hotel, and therfore we did not foresee this issue, however please do accept my sincere apologies andI would like to state that this problem has now been rectified by a fully qualifies elevtrician, this particular issue was something was beyond our control, as I am sure you can understand this is something that can happen, but we dealt with this matter as soon aswe where made aware, in regards to you helping move the bed, I have spokent o th team member concerned and I was clearly informed that you had offered to help and at first the team member refused and said that this was under control but you proceeded to help, which I do thank you for, and was very curteous of you, the hotel was very busy over the weekend, so had no alternative but to move the bed from the triple room, as we had no further double rooms available, so again do accept my apologies for this inconvienience.

2 - The lounge area, this I think is of personal choice, it is a small area that serves the purpose of lounge/bar and we make use of the space as best we can, we do also have many pictures on websites showing the area concerned so that people can make the informed choice on making the reservations, but I do accept that maybe the area is not to your personal taste.

3 - Food - I was actually working that evening, and had no complaints about any food, if you where unhappy with any of your meal then if you had mentioned this we could have ensured it was rectified, however we sold 11 lasagnes that evening and 6 burgers and none of them returned or any complaints made, I and my staff also ensure that if any food is prepared sub standard then we return it to the chef and do not take this out to any guests, and nothing was sent out from the kitchen that evening sub standard, again maybe this was down to personal taste, as all of you food is freshly made on site and the meat is bought from a local farm, so if of the highest quality, however if yoe felt your meal was not to your liking thne do please accept my apologies.

4- being woken up un the early hours, this is not acceptable,however this is something that is out of the hotels control as I am sure you ca imagine, however we do try and deal with any of these issues,although very rare, as quickly as possible to avoid any further disruption, the night porter did deal with this situation I do believe.

5 - Breakfast, the hotel was extremley busy over the weekend and we served 111 breakfasts in total on that morning alone, unfortuantley we can not determine what time people are going to come down for breakfast and if everyone does come down at once it can look a little overcrowded,however we did set up an overflow dining area in the conference rooms to accomodate, in regards to crockery and cutlery, I have questioned the team and have been told it was being replenished as quickly as it could, and that all crockery and cutlery came straight from the dishwasher and dried with a tea towel, we do not clean any pots or plates with cloths, everything has to go throught he dishwasher and did so, It may have been that the pots where still warm and little wet from the dishwasher, as the team wanted to replenish the crockery without further delay. I have spoken to the team to ensure we add ensure the crockery or cutlery is perfectly dry before putting it back out.

In regards to service, I am sorry that you felt it was not to your satisfaction, I have again spoken to the tam and will ensure that this is monitored clozsely.

The comment you made in regards to the hotels ambience and speaking to Radisson, this hotel is a franchised property and if you ahve any sugesstions then do please send them over to me and I will be sure to forward them onto the relevant people,however we are not the 4star Radisson hotel, we are a small 3 star limited service hotel, and the prices in which we charge are reflected in this, I put many of your comments to personal preference, but if you wish to discuss any of these matters directly with me I will be happy to discuss them in more detail, In regards to asking Radisson to close the hotel, this again will not happen any refurbishments are reviwed by the owners of the prperty and I am sure you can imagine all items are prioritised, I am sure over the coming years, the hotel will endure further refurbishments,however the hotel currently has none planned.

I look forward to possibly speaking with you directly, my number is 01302 760710.

Again do accept my sincerest apologies for any ncovienience caused.

Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions over the past two years, compared to similar priced establishments it fares ok. The staff are friendly and the rooms are spacious and clean with the added benefit of large shower cubicles. The breakfast is more than adequate but the evening meals tend to be a very hit and miss affair, they appear to be of the frozen variety and depending who is preparing them can vary from overdone to not quite defrosted. Wifi is free but if your room is located any distance from the reception area reception can be non existent.

Room Tip: Rooms to the right hand side overlooking the car park are best, rooms on the road side suffer from t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business