Doncaster International
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$71
Priceline
US$78
US$78
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Doncaster M18/M180 Hotel(Doncaster)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Travelodge Doncaster Lakeside(Doncaster)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
All reviewsan industrial parkstrange locationcoach partycoach tripnational holidayspizza hutlakeside shopping centrekeepmoat stadiumevening mealbusy roadbudget hotelgood sizepower showercoffee machinelarge showerlight sleeperbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to go to a football game at the near by stadium which is walking distance from the hotel.

Little issues with the room like broken table and light. Other than that. Fine.

Stay here for the stadium if you need the centre stay closer.

You'll get what you pay for.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel looks like a Travelodge but it's much better. The rooms are surprisingly large and the bathrooms are great and well above what you expect from a hotel in the middle of an industrial park.

The TV service was limited but the wifi worked well.

I ate in the bar and the steak was very tough, not that I expected fine dining, but the positives largely outweigh the negatives and I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GarethK95
Reviewed 14 February 2014

All in all, I was not convinced the Park Inn Doncaster. The WLAN connection is too slow for surfing, the breakfast is at best unkind and offers very little choice. Another minus point: The room provides only insufficient power outlets that are arbitrarily positioned and also bad for European guests can only be used with an adapter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel isn't as bad as people are making it out, theres a nice bar and chill out area, restaurant which is pricey and bar a few mistakes which were soon rectified not that bad. Yes it is next to a very busy road but this didn't bother us during our stay.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: Pick a room and deal with it, want luxury pay for a hilton
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I used to stay at this hotel many times during the week as I frequently travel to Doncaster on business. Unfortunately the hotel has made a number of changes over the last six months or so which have meant that I now stay elsewhere and haven't stayed here since Oct 2013.

1. Breakfast. This used to be a buffet style of both hot and cold food but now hot food is prepared to order. This does has it positives but is not the most convenient when you're in a hurry in the morning and also the portions are now terrible. This is a backward step compared to other hotels in the area.

2. Evening food. A steep decline with a limited choice of evening meals. A standard professional produced menu was previously in place with a large selection of starters, mains and deserts. This has been replaced a shoddy looking print out of what ever appears to have been the cheapest ingredients to bang together a handful of main meal choices on the day. Not a patch on competitors which is disappointing as in my opinion it was the best selection on offer against both the holiday inn and the premier inn.

3. TV. Rubbish. Only a handful of channels on offer with frequent signal problems. The TV/Sky engineer excuse has been used a number of times since I asked where sky sports had gone from the bar area a couple of years ago (it's still not back!). I find it astounding that any hotel doesn't have the full selection of free-view channels like the rest of this hotels competitors in the very immediate area.

4. Wi-fi. Brings back memories of dial up internet. Terrible speed compared to other hotels that are in the same price range in the area.

I have since switched my stays (over 30 per year) to either the holiday inn (super fast wi-fi, free-view TV and sky sports in the bar but a rubbish breakfast)

or

The premier inn, great wi-fi, superb breakfast and evening meal in the adjoining pub.

Small changes really turn off your regulars and simple upgrades (wi-fi, freeview) would win them back...and more.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank P W
emma p, General Manager at Doncaster International, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you have chosen to stay elsewhere, and value your comments, however I would like to give an explanation to the points in which you have raised.

1 - Breakfast, we do offer a buffet service on the continental side of the breakfast, which consists of a wide selection of items from Toast to danish pastries, fresh fruit salad,cereals,fresh fruit, yoghurts etc, however yes we did make the choice of taking away the buffet hot breakfast for a number of reasons - firstly the amount of wastage was out of control, as all the food was drying out quickly, and as I am sure you can imagine the food does not hold its heat for too long, therefore we had to discard of any products so we follow food hygiene regulations, secondly, we where getting complaints a lot of people comlained that they prefer plated and fresh produce and I do agree with them on this, as I myself prefer to know that my food has been cooked to order.
I understand the frustrations of having to wait for a breakfast to be served if you are in a rush and therefore breakfast can be ordered the night before for a specific time and the chef will ensure it is ready and waiting for you.
In regards to portion size, I can not agree with you on this, as it is made to order we ask each guest which hot items they would like to have, so it is upto the individual what they require on the breakfast and we would never say no to any guest wishing a little extra,however if you do just ask for a full english you will be presented with 2 bacon 1 sausage tomatoes,egg,hash brown and beans - which I feel is sufficient,however again if you prefer extra of something then this can be requested.

2 Evening Meals, in regards to the changes here, we decided to take the old menu off back in October as it was a very old menu that had been running for over 2 years and a lot of our regular guests had started to complain, so we introduced a daily menu,with some options that we would study and get feedback on so we could create a new menu for 2014 - I ampleased to say that the new menu has now been established and are awaiting the new printed menus to be delivered to the hotel, with the new menu being lauched on the 01st Feb, and I do have to say there are some great additions to the menu and we will also still have daily specials on offer, along with freshly made desserts, and all food is freshly made at the hotel.

3 - TV in regards to Sky Sports, we took the view to remove this from the hotel primarily due to the cost - within a hotel it costs over £2500 a month for sky sports alone, which is a cost that simply does not stack up at the moment, however is something we continue to look into, other TV Channels - we now have 11 channels and are looking to upgrade this over the coming year, however this is a costly and timely issue due we will need to replace TV's in all rooms and have a new distribution board fitted to allow full freeview, so this is something that is in the pipeling and is on the priority list, but we have chosen a good selection of channels now, in regards to Wifi, this is an issue we are again dealing with, the dial up speed is as fast as any other hotel in the area, however we have an issue when there seems to be a lot of people accessing it at the same time, so we are currently coming to an end with our current supplier and looking at other possibilities,however just recently all has been well with the Wifi.

Again do please accept my apologies if you had not enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will return oneday to see the improvements for yourself.

Kind Regards