“Avoid This Place”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Southport, United Kingdom
“Avoid This Place”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Arrived yesterday afternoon to receptionist who couldnt speak proper english. Asked for quiet room when pre booked due to doing some work in evening in room but room number was scored out and give ground level room on road side opppsite Wincaton depot with lorries shaking the room all night going up and down after being promised quiet room over looking car park when made booking the quieter side of hotel was told. Room was family room adequate but not properly cleaned and carpets and wall dirty with crappy TV and only few channels which didnt even work in correct order. Asked for room service menu when checked in was told dont have one come back to bar to request meal. Breakfast was in small area one staff member around food luke warm and no bacon refreshed. Staff not attentive not even how was your stay when checked out.. Is virtually at back of various warehouses and looks terrible and tired from outside.. Hotel deserves no more than Travelodge standard and very poor for Park Inn standards having been to other Park Inns!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Aasif I, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Simon

Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster.
Whilst we make every effort to accommodate guests request, I am sorry we could not do so on this occassion due to most of the rooms being occupied.

I take this opportunity to inform you that we have followed up the road noise and vibration issues with local council authorities. They have accepted the liability for poor road surfacing and promised us that the resurfacing works will be actioned as a matter of urgency. I am certain that this will address your concerns related to vibrations caused by passing traffic

I am very pleased to inform you that since your last stay, we have introduced a menu with plenty of options to choose from.

With regards to your comments on TV, I am sure we will soon resolve this to include variety of free view channels

The hotel is now under new management and please be assured that we will be working towards a phased refurbishment of our hotel to address the infrastructure issues and an immediate resolution of the customer service skills of our team

I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you again in near future so we can offer you a genuine hassle free stay

Yours sincerely
Aasif Iqbal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel on Saturday returning to visit Doncaster after 4 years. We returned back to the hotel as our last stay was very pleasant and memorable.
It seems that hotel staff team is completely new and different to ones we stayed with last time. However team was extremely helpful and kind making some special arrangements for us.
We stayed in the accessible room and everything in room was in working order, just perfect.
Only limited choice on the restaurant holder menu but food was tasty and well presented. Room service had a little option and hence we ate in the restaurant instead. I spoke to the manager who told me that a new menu with more choices is in progress and will be introduced in all bed rooms shortly.
We are planning to come back next year and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Phillip

Thank you very much for your kind comments and compliments

As mentioned during your stay by our manager, I confirm that we have full menu available in our restaurant and room service

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel last week via my company booking, I was quite concerned after reading some recent reviews about the hotel however I did not have much of choice due to last minute requirement.
My check in was fast and my room card was ready, room was very clean spacious facing the car park and overlooking lake side shops.
Wifi in my room was little slow on times but working all the time.
I did not eat in the restaurant due to reviews and went out to across the road.
I was surprised with choice of super breakfast, buffet was fantastic and noticed chef & staff checking and refilling breakfast items quite frequently.
Freshly baked croissant and cappuccino from the high tech coffee machine made my day.
Overall not bad at all and I will stay here again as it is very convenient from our customer site in the Trax park.
I will also make an attempt to try some food for dinner on my next visit.

Dear Steve

Thank you staying with us and taking time to review your stay at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster.
I am pleased that you found our check in very swift and enjoyed our super breakfast.
I invite you again to try our new restaurant and room service menu which has been launced recently.
With regards to the Wi-fi, we have completed a full survey using specialist firms and we intend to resolve wi-fi issues in coming weeks.
Please contact me directly at the hotel so I can personally look into your future stay
Look forward to welcoming you again
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed her while working in the area, so some things that annoyed me probably wouldn't have bothered me so much had I been visiting.

1. Location : As others have said. The hotel is on an industrial estate near the rail port . As a result a lot of lorries park overnight near the back of the hotel, and come and go at odd hours this woke me up a couple of times. While driving out for something to eat one night I noticed a number of ladies hanging around near the lorries, I'm guessing they weren't part of Eddie stobarts fan club. Plus points its not far to town and close to the race course. The potential for prostitutes close by may also be seen as reason to book by some.

2. The room. The only good thing about the hotel. The room was clean and tidy. But the wifi is so slow I ended up using 3G which was quicker. No digital tv (something that wouldn't normally bother me if I was visiting to see somewhere instead of for work). The aircon didn't work particularly well (see above for why i didn't just open a window). Also no plug sockets next to the bed.

3. Staff. Seemed friendly enough as long as no more than one person was booking in at a time. Irons are available although they did try to get me to leave a £20 deposit despite having taken a swipe on my credit card (I don't know how they thought I may smuggle out an ironing board).

I can't comment on the food as I didn't eat there, given what other reviews had said. Nearly bought the breakfast but decided against it given how poor everything else was. I wouldn't recommend staying here especially if your a female traveling solo or if you need wifi and a good nights sleep. If prostitutes rubbish wifi and a poor nights sleep are your thing you ll love this place ...avoid very disappointed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travellingmonkey007
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I love Radisson and Park Inns but this is one to avoid.

The location is awful, stuck on the edge of some industrial park with nothing nearby. Facilities are limited, no ATM, tiny bar with the beer pumps not working, Iron not available, and internet that was too slow to even load a web page

On the plus side the staff were absolutely great, friendly, helpful and efficient. Still won’t be back!

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn instead
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Aasif I, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thanks for taking time to review your recent stay at Park Inn Doncaster. Thank you complimenting the team at the hotel

With regards to the location, we make all information available on the website on location, access, route planner and this can also be viewed via search engines

On the day, the demand for iron was high hence we could not accommodate your request. On that note, we have purchased more iron and boards to meet guests requirements

I also take this opportunity to inform you that since your last stay, the hotel has been under new management and we intend to ensure that all our guest have a genuine Park Inn by Radisson experience

I hope you will provide us another opportunity to welcome you again

Look forward to welcoming you shortly

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel which is off a busy duel carriage way on an industrial estate and had to wait for rooms, staff were stressed dealing with a large booking. Hotel was booked 12 months in advance for Friday and Saturday night for race meeting and yet staff were unprepared. Evening meal was very poor quality and not enough meals prepared so 8 of our company had to go over the road to KFC.. Do not book this hotel as they run out of beer, vodka and other drinks, the manager refused to answer the phone and never came the hotel on request. We ate out on Saturday evening as service and quality was very poor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Terrible hotel, my sister has just phoned from this hotel as it was booked by them a few months ago, for a group of 40 racegoers. They are that disgusted with the service she has asked me to write this review whilst she is on the phone. They had ordered evening meals which they had paid for, only to be told that there isn't enough meals for them, when they asked to speak to a manager the Manager was not there and wouldnt speak to them until Monday, they leave on Sunday!!! They have had to go to KFC across the road for something to eat. Also they had run out of beer . You would think a big hotel brand like Radisson would have better organisation skills.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Please accept our sincere apologies for the trouble caused during your recent stay at Park Inn Doncaster.

Following the incident I have investigated the issues with regards to the meal issues. We make very effort to accommodate last minute changes to schedule. However, with regards to your group, we have send the meal options 3 weeks in advance for pre-orders from your party so we can ensure a swift dinner service. I am afraid, but we never received any pre-orders. I hope you will appreciate that with all the options provided for your party, we would not have been in a position to prepare 40 portions of each menu item unless we had pre-orders

On the day, the demand for certain dish was more than what we anticipated hence the shortage of stock.

I hope for any future dinner bookings, you provide hotels with dinner pre-order so this situation is not repeated