“Doncaster Reptile Show”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“Doncaster Reptile Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Never having been to doncaster before i was wary of some of the reviews i had read about this hotel, but all were completely false, it is not built on an industrial estate but in fact a huge modern shopping precinct is just across the road, and a bus stops there from the centre of doncaster. The hotel itself offered us a discounted rate as we were attending the reptile show at the racecourse. The staff were attentive and even offered to change our room to a downstairs one as we had a wheelchair, even though there is a lift, they were very happy to book us a taxi out to the show, and were always helpful with doors and help out to the outside smoking area. Breakfast was advertised as continental, but there was a huge variety of cold meats, cheeses fruit, cereals, croissants etc... and also a help yourself hot cooked breakfast, including coffee, juice and all these were regularly being replenished. The room was immaculate, a huge bed, clean and adequate bathroom, tv, hairdryer and coffee making facilities. in fact the only downside to our stay was the lack of wifi. even though this is complementary we couldn't get anything other than a connection and found our phones 3g signal faster but still inadequate

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaniW1983
Aasif I, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear DannyW1983,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Park Inn Doncaster.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

We do also appreciate your view on our WIFI service and will take your comments into consideration for further improvement.

Once again I would like to thank you for your time and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Rebecca Keogan
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights and found the staff to be very friendly and help full. The bedrooms are spacious and quiet. The bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep every night. Food menu is fine but could do with a wider selection. Breakfast is OK but needs replenishing more regularly. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Suntravellover,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Park Inn Doncaster.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive comments as well as your suggestions on improvement of service.

We welcome the feedback we receive and will endeavour to use such feedback constructively.

Thank you once again for taking your time to review Park Inn Doncaster.

We do hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Rebecca Keogan
Operations Manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is easy to find with good parking though just outside town. The reception is efficient and friendly. The room is average fair but clean and presentable. Good air con. Square telly? The wireless is free though I found it slow and temperamental. Good nights sleep on a comfortable firm bed. Breakfast buffet was ok but I am getting fed up with powdered scrambled eggs, when will the hotels learn? Still I would book again as the prices are reasonable.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Andy T
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

A very good experience. the staff were very helpful and the food was to a very good standard. rooms were very clean. Good parking area. This was an ideal location for the work I was doing. the internet speed could be a bit faster, as the work I was doing required me to be on line for a period of time. You are near the racecourse.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Rebecca K, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Derek,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Park Inn.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay I will certainly pass on your comments to the teams.

I have noted your comments in regards to our internet connection and this is a service we are looking to improve to ensure full guest satisfaction.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the park inn. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here mid week for the night in an executive room the bed was large and the room served its purpose. Didnt like the idea of 3 sheets left on the toilet roll and water in the kettle clearly from the previous guest. We usually use the premier inn but it was fully booked. This hotel was ok but I wouldnt change the usual for it. Good bed though friendly staff and not far from town center.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Park Inn Doncaster.

We appreciate the positive and kind comments, I Have taken into account your comments in regards to the room replenishments this has been reiterated to the relevant staff to ensure these check are made correctly.

Thank you once again for your feedback.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here using my Club Carlson points as the boiler in my house had broken. 9000 points got me a room for the night and at least I had hot washing/shower facilities. The room was basic but clean, no different to expected from the Park Inn do no complaints there. It did have a different atmosphere to other park inns I've stayed at though, not as welcoming or friendly. Due to this I steered clear of the bar and food area. Situated 5 minutes away from the town centre, approx £5 max in a taxi.

Stayed August 2013
Dear Jason,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Park Inn Doncaster, I am pleased to read that you found you stay pleasant.

I was sorry to read that the atmosphere when arriving at the hotel was not a friendly welcoming experience as hoped, as customer service is of paramount importance to us, we are deeply sorry that in this instance you did not feel welcome. We assure you that your comments have been reviewed with the front office team and further actions to improve will commence.

Thank you once again for your feedback.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked this hotel for a family weekend break, there was 20 of us. We found the rooms very clean with large bed and decent bathroom with large shower.
We booked a family meal for Saturday night for us all, we pre booked our food a cople of days before and must say the organisation of the night was amazing, despite having another large group of 90 our food came out on time and nothing was too much trouble for them, they all worked really hard but remained cheerful and helpful.
From the moment we checked in to checkout we experienced nothing but friendliness and cheerfulness from the staff, they made our weekend a special one.
Thanks to Omar and Rebecca on reception, Raoul for making sure the evening ran smoothly, Kilena who never appeared to be there the whole weekend and never stopped working but always smiled and ready to help in whatever way she could, a gem ! Kai who was helpful about the surrounding areas.
We had a room on the road side and was noisy but didn't stop me sleeping
If we were nit picking it would have been nice to have biscuits in our room and more fruit at breakfast time but minor details

Room Tip: Ask for one on the quiet side of the hotel